Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox Game Pass

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,357 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

*Actual Game Pass Content post*

Remastered versions of 3 Lucasarts games up today, Day of The Tentacle, Full Throttle and Grim Fandango.

Also, 4 'Five Nights At Freddy's' games of which I know nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

They aren’t meant to be available until November 10th

Just to go back on this. You can download them now but can't play them. It looks like you can play them but it's only after you download them it says you can't play them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Just to go back on this. You can download them now but can't play them. It looks like you can play them but it's only after you download them it says you can't play them.

Yep I downloaded UFC 3 and sat down to give it a spin only to be sadly disappointed and told to wait till November 10th

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭Nyum Nyum

in2dark wrote: »
    Taken into consideration the change of remaining time from eapass to gamepass ultimate has anyone tried stacking up time to their current eapass?
    Im sooo much tempted to buy 2 years of ea for 45 euros that will convert to 8 months of gpu if im not wrong...

Any ideas?

I bought 3 x 12 month EA subscriptions (the 5 500,00 HUF option) from Microsoft Hungary for practically €45. Added them one by one, turning off automatic renewal each time - so I'm led to believe that a year of EA transfers to 4 months of GamePass Ultimate.

If this is the case then I'll get a year of GPU for €45 - not bad at all.

Didn't use a VPN or any of that carry on either.

https://www.microsoft.com/hu-hu/p/ea-play/CFQ7TTC0K5DH/0004?activetab=pivot%3aoverviewtab

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Nyum Nyum wrote: »
    I bought 3 x 12 month EA subscriptions (the 5 500,00 HUF option) from Microsoft Hungary for practically €45. Added them one by one, turning off automatic renewal each time - so I'm led to believe that a year of EA transfers to 4 months of GamePass Ultimate.

If this is the case then I'll get a year of GPU for €45 - not bad at all.

Didn't use a VPN or any of that carry on either.

https://www.microsoft.com/hu-hu/p/ea-play/CFQ7TTC0K5DH/0004?activetab=pivot%3aoverviewtab

It will convert to a little less than that, the first 60 days gets dumped then it converts the rest of your time 3:1 to GPU. 3 years EA sub will convert to 11 months and 10 days.

• Advertisement

Can the conversion of live etc just be moved to another thread at this point, this thread is just littered with the same talk about converting.

Can the conversion of live etc just be moved to another thread at this point, this thread is just littered with the same talk about converting.

The shame of people talking about Game Pass in a thread about Game Pass....

Who died and put you in charge?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Brian201888

He's completely right, people follow the thread to find out about games on GamePass, the neverending stream of talk about conversation of Live/EA is crap and adds nothing that couldn't be achieved with a sticky to redirect people to.

Is life that hectic that you can’t spare a few seconds to scan past any posts that don’t interest you? I got all the help and info here a few months back to get me set up with a few years of ultimate, it dosnt bother me one bit to skip through them now to any posts that are of actual interest. If somebody needs help with a game pass issue of course they are going to come and post in the game pass thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Brian201888

It's nothing to do with life being hectic but I'll give up on it at this point, we'll continue having a gameplay discussion every 20 odd posts interspersed with the same questions about Brazilian gold

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Nigzcurran wrote: »
    Is life that hectic that you can’t spare a few seconds to scan past any posts that don’t interest you? I got all the help and info here a few months back to get me set up with a few years of ultimate, it dosnt bother me one bit to skip through them now to any posts that are of actual interest. If somebody needs help with a game pass issue of course they are going to come and post in the game pass thread

TBH, I've stopped checking in here to see whats added / leaving, as its nothing but endless questions on how to do the conversion that have been answered a hundred times already. In fairness to other posters, they've the patience of saints to go holding everyone's hand and walking them through it, but it has spoiled the thread overall for me.

He's completely right, people follow the thread to find out about games on GamePass, the neverending stream of talk about conversation of Live/EA is crap and adds nothing that couldn't be achieved with a sticky to redirect people to.

The irony of "adding nothing" considering you've barely contributed to this thread (apart from whining). Why not just have a sticky with the GamePass games on and save everyone having to bother posting anything?

Last time I bother trying to help someone save a few quid... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭micks_address

Hi folks,
    I picked up a xbox one s last week and a controller today. I'd like to try a few games but not sure what's the most effective way with gamepass?
    Thanks,
    Mick

All sorted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

TBH, I've stopped checking in here to see whats added / leaving, as its nothing but endless questions on how to do the conversion that have been answered a hundred times already. In fairness to other posters, they've the patience of saints to go holding everyone's hand and walking them through it, but it has spoiled the thread overall for me.

Why would you just come here to see what is added/removed, Microsoft has this info posted all over its social media feeds and website and on the Xbox console itself in the newly added section? It's a forum ffs conversation and questions is what makes boards.ie

Have a question. Is doom eternal available via gamepass ultimate for x box one s?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Have a question. Is doom eternal available via gamepass ultimate for x box one s?

Can play via console or cloud.

Get the Game Pass app on your phone it'll make it easier to search for stuff.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Can play via console or cloud.

Get the Game Pass app on your phone it'll make it easier to search for stuff.

Thanks I have the Xbox app is that the same?

Screenshot-20201031-125919.png
    Screenshot-20201031-125904.png

Sorry xbox virgin here. Got the gamepass app and installing now. If I buy a new xbox can I transfer my game pass to it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

Sorry xbox virgin here. Got the gamepass app and installing now. If I buy a new xbox can I transfer my game pass to it?

Yeah, just use the same account to log in to the console when you get it and you'll be grand.

dor83 wrote: »
    Yeah, just use the same account to log in to the console when you get it and you'll be grand.

Cool.. probably not the most balanced place to ask but I'm assuming won't be much actual difference is newest xbox and ps5?

• Advertisement

Cool.. probably not the most balanced place to ask but I'm assuming won't be much actual difference is newest xbox and ps5?

Not really outside of software, the Xbox Series X has a bit more graphical oomph and the PS5 has a faster ssd.

Not really outside of software, the Xbox Series X has a bit more graphical oomph and the PS5 has a faster ssd.

Thanks can the Xbox one x do 4k uhd blu ray? Hdr etc from netflix etc

Thanks can the Xbox one x do 4k uhd blu ray? Hdr etc from netflix etc

The Xbox One S, One X and Series X are all equipped with UHD Blu-ray drives, the One S, One S Digital, One X, Series S and Series X can all output Netflix in 4K with HDR if you have the appropriate subscription.

Fyi the new consoles are the Xbox Series S|X and the old consoles are the Xbox One S|X.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭mollser

New to this so just to be clear...

I can buy say two of these https://www.cdkeys.com/xbox-live/memberships/12-month-xbox-live-gold-membership-xbox-one-360-eu-cd-key, punch in the codes and I have Live Gold for 2 years.

Then I get a one month ultimate pass for 12.99, and this will upgrade the live gold sub to UGP for the full 2 years? So basically UGP for 2 years for just over €100?

It's this a glitch in the system or is this meant to be how it operates?

It's terrific value if so, but need to wait until our initial month is up.

Thanks for being patient!

mollser wrote: »
    New to this so just to be clear...

I can buy say two of these https://www.cdkeys.com/xbox-live/memberships/12-month-xbox-live-gold-membership-xbox-one-360-eu-cd-key, punch in the codes and I have Live Gold for 2 years.

Then I get a one month ultimate pass for 12.99, and this will upgrade the live gold sub to UGP for the full 2 years? So basically UGP for 2 years for just over €100?

It's this a glitch in the system or is this meant to be how it operates?

It's terrific value if so, but need to wait until our initial month is up.

Thanks for being patient!

It should give you the option to upgrade for €1 as a special one time offer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭mollser

Nigzcurran wrote: »
    It should give you the option to upgrade for €1 as a special one time offer

Cool. Used the€1 already for the initial month that came with console. But when I set up my son's profile, it seemed to offer the 1eur upgrade again under his profile!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Not all games have cross save between PC and console right?

I just started The Outer Worlds on PC but will be picking up a Series S at launch. Is there an easy way to tell what does and doesn't have cross save

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

Just cleared Carrion. It's good but not great. It's an easy 1000/1000 if anyone is interested. I think my only 1000/1000 (I've a few 200/200s)

Started Supraland. Great game so far.

As mentioned in this thread already Game Pass is amazing and may give the advantage to MS in this coming generation.

Asus X540L wrote: »
    Just cleared Carrion. It's good but not great. It's an easy 1000/1000 if anyone is interested. I think my only 1000/1000 (I've a few 200/200s)

Started Supraland. Great game so far.

As mentioned in this thread already Game Pass is amazing and may give the advantage to MS in this coming generation.

It does seem like a major plus point

• Advertisement

I started New Super Lucky's Tale. Played the original one a few years ago. Being able to control the camera is a big plus in the original you had a slight control of the camera which didn't really help in a game where you have to collect stuff.

I just started The Outer Worlds on PC but will be picking up a Series S at launch. Is there an easy way to tell what does and doesn't have cross save

If the game is marked as Play Anywhere the saves will cross over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,517 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Just cleared Carrion. It's good but not great. It's an easy 1000/1000 if anyone is interested.

How easy is it?

Looking for my next easy game to get a daily achievement in, for the 50 reward points :)

marcbrophy wrote: »
    How easy is it?

Looking for my next easy game to get a daily achievement in, for the 50 reward points :)

It's tricky enough in places cause you've no map but it's plain enough sailing if you like metroidvanias

Just finished Spiritfarer, what a beautiful game and surprisingly enjoyable. Played through it with the kids and it started some lovely conversations about life and death. Its the first time I've ever felt like reaching out to the developers and thanking them for making a game.

Moving onto State of Decay 2. Been meaning to try this out for a while, really enjoying it. A different kind of life and death story I won't be sharing with the kids :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,622 ✭✭✭Treppen

Join the true achievements website. It's not official Xbox but it'll track everything and tell you which f the pc transfers the achievements across to console. A lot don't. Also if you download the Xbox app on your PC then it'll tell you if they are "cross play". I think you have to get the games from Microsoft store on pc with the same Xbox account also.

• Advertisement

How easy is it?

For the daily 50 I've used these:

Minit : You'll need a walkthrough
    Turing Test : easy at the start (except for bonus Achievements). Eventually I stuck to the walkthrough
    Killer Instinct : Tonnes of Achievements and you can play it on your phone with cloud if your WiFi is good enough. Just play all the players Vs CPU and win a round with each. Button mash all the way.
    The Gardens Between: Nice game but tricky enough, I used the walkthrough.
    Fractured Minds: very short game and use the walkthrough if stuck.

Just finished Spiritfarer, what a beautiful game and surprisingly enjoyable. Played through it with the kids and it started some lovely conversations about life and death. Its the first time I've ever felt like reaching out to the developers and thanking them for making a game.

Moving onto State of Decay 2. Been meaning to try this out for a while, really enjoying it. A different kind of life and death story I won't be sharing with the kids :-)

The wave survival modes on State of Decay are a blast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,517 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Treppen wrote: »
    For the daily 50 I've used these:

Minit : You'll need a walkthrough
    Turing Test : easy at the start (except for bonus Achievements). Eventually I stuck to the walkthrough
    Killer Instinct : Tonnes of Achievements and you can play it on your phone with cloud if your WiFi is good enough. Just play all the players Vs CPU and win a round with each. Button mash all the way.
    The Gardens Between: Nice game but tricky enough, I used the walkthrough.
    Fractured Minds: very short game and use the walkthrough if stuck.

Thanks Treppen, I'll keep them in mind :)

Some I've used myself for daily 50 are:

Rocket League: Lots of easy ones can be done offline in exhibition mode.
    Untitled Goose Game: Just playing it will net you most achievements.
    Tracks - the train set game: Simple one here to knock out 1000GS in 45 mins!
    Golf with you friends: Using a guide from YT will get you those course par records easy enough.

Just remembered RL is not on GP anymore!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

I actually came in to ask if anyone knew any games like this. Stumbled upon in looking to destress from Overwatch and its really a treat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

IvoryTower wrote: »
    I actually came in to ask if anyone knew any games like this. Stumbled upon in looking to destress from Overwatch and its really a treat

Check out Downhill: the lonely mountains - great game with a really clean visual style, gameplay wise, its like a top down trials, but not nearly as busy as that. You'll find yourself kinda zoning out and going with the flow, and the scenery is cool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Check out Downhill: the lonely mountains - great game with a really clean visual style, gameplay wise, its like a top down trials, but not nearly as busy as that. You'll find yourself kinda zoning out and going with the flow, and the scenery is cool.

defo trying that thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

How easy is it?

For the daily 50, for the last few days I've just used Rare Replay, you get an achievement for just launching each game.

Untitled Goose Game is a headwreck...

It reminds me of some of those ancient computer games like Jack the Nipper.

Just cleared Carrion. It's good but not great. It's an easy 1000/1000 if anyone is interested.

Thanks for letting me know about this game. I thought it was brilliant, loved every minute of it. It doesn't hold your hand either.
    The end when you control the guy was a bit mad I just controlled him which felt like for ages and next thing he was outside and credits rolled.
    Mad.

Don't Starve was pleasantly surprising, I usually hate those Minecraft type games but this was nice and calming, the controls were very easy to navigate too.

Not easy to get Achievements quickly though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Just finished Halo Wars now on to the second one.

theteal wrote: »
    For the daily 50, for the last few days I've just used Rare Replay, you get an achievement for just launching each game.

Best tip ever

Slayaway Camp - which was on Games with Gold last month (not GamePass) - ha a load of easy achievements if that's any use?

Really loving Supraland. I knew form the blurb I'd love it (seeing as I love Portal, Zelda, and Metroidvanias)

If you haven't already check it out.

And the most amazing thing is it was made by one man!

Really loving Supraland. I knew form the blurb I'd love it (seeing as I love Portal, Zelda, and Metroidvanias)

If you haven't already check it out.

And the most amazing thing is it was made by one man!

I might try it out so. You steered me right with Carrion the last time.

• Advertisement
Advertisement