Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox Game Pass

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Is this a glitch? So you are buying a code for 1 month of ultimate and it stays active for 3 years?

Not a glitch, buying 1 month of GPU converts all your existing subscription time for Gold and Game Pass 1:1 and EA Play 4:1 -60 days to Game Pass Ultimate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Do the EU Xbox Live Gold codes work on Irish accounts? Looking at the one on CDKeys for €45.19 for 12 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭YESROH

Do the EU Xbox Live Gold codes work on Irish accounts? Looking at the one on CDKeys for €45.19 for 12 months.

Yes is the answer I actually bought 3 the other day to avail of the offer and it worked. I actually still have 1 year left as I was only able to load two years worth as I had 4 months already on the account.

If anyone wants to buy it off me for 45 let me know.

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,329 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Is Jedi Fallen Order not supposed to be on GamePass today?

Is Jedi Fallen Order not supposed to be on GamePass today?

It hasn't gone live yet. Iirc EA Play gets updated around 5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭bazzz

It hasn't gone live yet. Iirc EA Play gets updated around 5.

It's live there now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭j14

Is CD Keys still the best place to buy Gold for stacking?

About €45 for 12 months is what I'm seeing on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Hi Folks, not sure if this is allowed but check this deal out on hukd

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/12-months-of-game-pass-ultimate-ps1685-details-in-desc-3584785?page=6#comment-42558477

Long story short - You can buy one years EA Play for €20 and convert it to one years Game Pass Ultimate.

I bought three years EA Play from Shopto.net

I got the first two working - couldn't get the third going as they don't allow that for me

My steps were

1. Buy 1 Year EA Play from shop to
    2. Get the code
    3. On my PC change the time to a few days back
    4. Open the XBOX app on PC
    5. Click Profile -> Settings - > Redeem
    6. Enter the EA Play 12 month code ...a few times (keep doing it till it stops you)
    7. go back out to the main screen
    8. Close the app
    9. Reopen the app - check you account - should be + 12 months Games Pass Ultimate!

**I have one years EA Play that I cannot use - if anyone wants it for €20 - that's what it cost me, drop me a pm **

Will talk to anyone who has good feedback on adverts.ie. I can setup an ad.

j14 wrote: »
    Is CD Keys still the best place to buy Gold for stacking?

About €45 for 12 months is what I'm seeing on there.

See here and browse through a few pages leading up to that post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,276 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Nedved85 wrote: »

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/12-months-of-game-pass-ultimate-ps1685-details-in-desc-3584785?page=6#comment-42558477

Long story short - You can buy one years EA Play for €20 and convert it to one years Game Pass Ultimate.

I got the first two working - couldn't get the third going as they don't allow that for me

My steps were

2. Get the code
    6. Enter the EA Play 12 month code ...a few times (keep doing it till it stops you)
    8. Close the app
    9. Reopen the app - check you account - should be + 12 months Games Pass Ultimate!

**I have one years EA Play that I cannot use - if anyone wants it for €20 - that's what it cost me, drop me a pm **

You must need gpu first because I did it with nothing on my account and just got ea play :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭meath4sam

Little help needed with couple of questions
    Got Xbox series s today for little man for Christmas
    Is a game pass a good option to have games for Christmas Day?
    Can you recommend which game pass is best?
    Do you download the games to console or stream?
    How many games could a series S download?
    What’s the best option for a second controller and why does it only come with one?
    How do the controllers charge?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭Nyum Nyum

My steps were

2. Get the code
    8. Close the app

I did something similar to this a few weeks ago ( https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=115106090&postcount=1506 - loads of whiners started crying about my post but never mind...) but bought 3 x 12 months of EA Play from the Hungarian MS store which worked out about €15 per 12 months.

Got 12 months of GamePass Ultimate a few days from it for €45 :)

Cyrus wrote: »
    You must need gpu first because I did it with nothing on my account and just got ea play :(

Apologies about that, I think you are correct, A GPU subscription is required before doing this

Apologies about that, I think you are correct, A GPU subscription is required before doing this

If I add gpu will it convert ? Probably not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

Has anybody played Tetris Effect? Is there any way to turn off the background visual effects?!

If I add gpu will it convert ? Probably not

I'm not sure tbh.

Can you get the trial for €1?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭meath4sam

meath4sam wrote: »
    What’s the best option for a second controller and why does it only come with one?

Can anyone help please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭skerry

Game Pass is highly recommended. Loads of choice on there. There is only Game Pass Ultimate. But up until last I checked the cheapest way to get it is to get a few years of 12 months Xbox Live subs and then convert them to Game Pass on the console for €1. No guarantee that offer will still be there at Christmas though.

You download the games on Game Pass. Unless you have very fast Broadband it might be worth powering up the console before Christmas day and downloading some games so he's ready to go on the day. I got Series X today and updates on some games are 70+ gb

Series S has 500gb HD so you might get 3 or 4 big games on there but you can get expandable storage.

Any Xbox controller will work with it as a spare. You can buy a play and charge kit for around 20 euro which are handy to have or else rechargeable batteries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 344 ✭✭Buttros

Has anybody played Tetris Effect? Is there any way to turn off the background visual effects?!

It's mental. Game is addictive but the visual effects mean I have to turn it off after about 30 mins or so for a while. Presume the batteries in the controller will be drained with the rumble pack going into overtime

It has to be tried to see what it is. Long way from the game boy I had back in the day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

Buttros wrote: »
    It's mental. Game is addictive but the visual effects mean I have to turn it off after about 30 mins or so for a while. Presume the batteries in the controller will be drained with the rumble pack going into overtime

It has to be tried to see what it is. Long way from the game boy I had back in the day.

I have Tetris Ultimate and think it’s absolutely brilliant. But there is nobody online to play against so thought I’d download Tetris Effect. I’ve only played it for half an hour, and need to figure out what the zone thing is, but it is being ruined by the background visuals, they are far too in your face for my liking

Hopefully my answers will help you out.

Yes it's a good option.

You're best to read through the GamePass page over on the xbox website. You'll have a better understanding and know what's best for you/the little man

How long is a piece of string ;). See here for info on the storage space on the S.

What’s the best option for a second controller and why does it only come with one? Most consoles only come with one controller and the majority of consoles are already being sold at a loss. They make money from accessories, subscriptions/software.

While all this info can be obtained from the official websites, I'll help you out a bit further. The controllers use AA batteries, you can use rechargeable AA's or there are rechargeable battery packs from MS too.
    Can anyone help please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,887 ✭✭✭SteM

Imagine playing it with a VR headset! I'm the same, have to turn it off after 30 minutes or so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

That Supraland is mad. I put about 14 hours into it at this stage and only at 22% into it. Just beat the first boss fight he wasn't too bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

That Supraland is mad. I put about 14 hours into it at this stage and only at 22% into it. Just beat the first boss fight he wasn't too bad.

There are bosses??? I just went by a football pitch and now in a big indoor puzzle factory type thing with rotatable green pipes. Enjoying it though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 137 ✭✭themighty

Thanks for all the upgrade info to those that posted. Grabbed Brazilian live from Eneba, I'm stacked till Jan 2023. I'll grab another few months and switch to GPU.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I'm playing Fable again for the 1st time in years god I loved this game so much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

theteal wrote: »
    There are bosses??? I just went by a football pitch and now in a big indoor puzzle factory type thing with rotatable green pipes. Enjoying it though

You will get a upgrade near there where you can climb metal. Really opens up finding hidden chests that are in hard to reach places.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

Does the Series X come with a game pass ultimate trial?
    I assume I can use this to update my Gold subscription?

Does the Series X come with a game pass ultimate trial?
    I assume I can use this to update my Gold subscription?

If you've ever used the €£1 upgrade offer, I'm not sure a trial sub will work to convert you over. I tried to do it before with a purchased 14 day GPU sub and had no joy, had to buy a full month of GPU.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭r0chf0rt

I thought that EA play was supposed to be added to gamepass ultimate subscriptions yesterday? I have GPU but when I click on any of the EA play games it just brings me to the store with the option to subscribe to EA play?

• Advertisement

r0chf0rt wrote: »
    I thought that EA play was supposed to be added to gamepass ultimate subscriptions yesterday? I have GPU but when I click on any of the EA play games it just brings me to the store with the option to subscribe to EA play?

It was. Are you sure you have Game Pass Ultimate and not standard Game Pass? EA Play is not included in the base Game Pass subscription.

If you are on PC EA Play is not in GPU until next month.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Doyler99

Should I wait for my month ultimate pass to expiry to apply a 12 month xbox live gold code? (I bought the 1 euro offer) Will this convert evenly? I read on the MS site that when an ultimate pass is active it doesn't convert in a 1:1 ratio.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭r0chf0rt

It was. Are you sure you have Game Pass Ultimate and not standard Game Pass? EA Play is not included in the base Game Pass subscription.

If you are on PC EA Play is not in GPU until next month.

I bought xbox gold first and then converted to GPU with the €1 offer. It says under subscriptions that I am subscribed to ultimate until nov 2023.

Doyler99 wrote: »
    Should I wait for my month ultimate pass to expiry to apply a 12 month xbox live gold code? (I bought the 1 euro offer) Will this convert evenly? I read on the MS site that when an ultimate pass is active it doesn't convert in a 1:1 ratio.

Let your GPU expire. Then stack more than 12 months XBLG (I'm not sure it'll still exist in a year or two so I'd make the most of it now). Then get/redeem a 1 month GPU pass and it will convert whatever you've stacked (up to 36 months) at 1:1. Loads of info on it back through the thread. Brazil is lovely this time of year.

r0chf0rt wrote: »

Yeah, it should work, I was playing that newest star wars game yesterday and I've not had EA play for a couple of years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

I like how the EA Play games now launch with a little logo "EA Play | Xbox Game Pass Ultimate" ... and also seem to be valid for Game Pass quests.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Buttros wrote: »

Addictive is right. Threw it on for a look before going to bed and ended up playing it for hours. The visuals and music are great!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭j14

Ok I'm taking a "trip to Brazil"

So all I need is a VPN and 3 x 12 months Gold cards and my PC.

Turn on the VPN

Enter the cards into my Microsoft account on PC with auto-renew off.

Turn off the VPN and then convert the Gold to Game Pass Ultimate on my PC.

I haven't used the €1 offer so should this work as the convertor?

Also, I have one month of my current gold left, will this stack on top of my new subscriptions or should I wait for that to expire before I do this?

j14 wrote: »
    Ok I'm taking a "trip to Brazil"

So all I need is a VPN and 3 x 12 months Gold cards and my PC.

Turn on the VPN

Enter the cards into my Microsoft account on PC with auto-renew off.

Turn off the VPN and then convert the Gold to Game Pass Ultimate on my PC.

I haven't used the €1 offer so should this work as the convertor?

Also, I have one month of my current gold left, will this stack on top of my new subscriptions or should I wait for that to expire before I do this?

Wait for it to expire. You can only have a maximum of 36 months of a subscription.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,622 ✭✭✭Treppen

Sorry if im late but Disney+ is free for a month with GPass Ultimate ... Wait a week or two before activating so you'll have it over Christmas.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

Treppen wrote: »
    Sorry if im late but Disney+ is free for a month with GPass Ultimate ... Wait a week or two before activating so you'll have it over Christmas.

What would you want that for?:D

The-Mandalorian-The-Passenger-Review-700x300.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,059 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Ok travelled to Brazil bought and redeemed 2 codes turned off vpn but getting an error when trying to get the €1 offer Change your microsoft store region
    The region you bought your subscription and your store region needs to match if changing your store region doesn't work contact us at Microsoft support.
    I did have my m microsoft account set to US but changed that to Ireland and same issue.
    Does this mean I have to set my account to brazil? Any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

Hi guys, sorry for being such a thick but I can’t get my head round this. Just got back from Argos with my first Xbox & am trying to sort out gamepass. Can someone explain this conversion thing to me, or point me to an idiots guide online?

Hi guys, sorry for being such a thick but I can’t get my head round this. Just got back from Argos with my first Xbox & am trying to sort out gamepass. Can someone explain this conversion thing to me, or point me to an idiots guide online?

Handiest way is to buy 3 x 12 month Xbox live subs from CD Keys for 45 each. Redeem each, don't add month for auto renew as you can only stack up to 3 years. Once 3 yrs are stacked, there should be an offer for a trial for Game Pass Ultimate on the dashboard of the console once you log on. As far as I know, when you avail of that offer it converts your Xbox Live 3 yrs to Game Pass Ultimate. Just check first that the offer is on the dashboard. There is a cheaper way again with Brazilian Xbox Live subs but you have to go messing with VPN there and your saving about 30 euro for 3 yrs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

skerry wrote: »
    Handiest way is to buy 3 x 12 month Xbox live subs from CD Keys for 45 each. Redeem each, don't add month for auto renew as you can only stack up to 3 years. Once 3 yrs are stacked, there should be an offer for a trial for Game Pass Ultimate on the dashboard of the console once you log on. As far as I know, when you avail of that offer it converts your Xbox Live 3 yrs to Game Pass Ultimate. Just check first that the offer is on the dashboard. There is a cheaper way again with Brazilian Xbox Live subs but you have to go messing with VPN there and your saving about 30 euro for 3 yrs

Ok cheers I’ll give that a lash! Thanks!

skerry wrote: »

you can get them for 30 quid each on mtc game for brazil, tunnel bear is free and it takes a minute to turn it on and off again, its worth the 45 you save imo.

you can get them for 30 quid each on mtc game for brazil, tunnel bear is free and it takes a minute to turn it on and off again, its worth the 45 you save imo.

Presume you redeem through the app then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,059 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Still having issues looks like my microsoft account was set to US
    region when I applied the vouchers. Now I changed the region on my Xbox and it brings me to payment options. Won't accept PayPal or Revolut due to nonUS. If I buy a $10 xbox gift card and apply it via the Xbox I wonder if that would work

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Can't remember if I asked here, have 6 months left on gpu, there is no way to cancel that and do a fresh set of 3 years?

• Advertisement

Still having issues looks like my microsoft account was set to US
    region when I applied the vouchers. Now I changed the region on my Xbox and it brings me to payment options. Won't accept PayPal or Revolut due to nonUS. If I buy a $10 xbox gift card and apply it via the Xbox I wonder if that would work

I would contact MS fitst before you spend any more money, just tell them you noticed your region was incorrectly set to US and now you've corrected it, funny stuff is happening.

Redeeming a 1 month GPU sub is probably not a bad test either, would only cost a few quid. I'd still be inclined to get the issue fixed at source first as you never know when it might pop up again.

Advertisement