Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox Game Pass

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 valy1972

Hi,

New Xbox owner here so apologies if this is an obvious question. Can I buy 3 Xbox gold 12 months subscription like those on Amazon and stack them to 36 months and then use the upgrade code for the €1?

Thanks,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Hococop wrote: »
    Can't remember if I asked here, have 6 months left on gpu, there is no way to cancel that and do a fresh set of 3 years?

I actually think you can cancel through your ms account. Not sure I'd bother though just yet, if they officially announce that xblg is being killed off then maybe I'd be in a rush. It's not like it's a new scam, it's just the way it has always worked since GPU launched

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

valy1972 wrote: »
    Hi,

New Xbox owner here so apologies if this is an obvious question. Can I buy 3 Xbox gold 12 months subscription like those on Amazon and stack them to 36 months and then use the upgrade code for the €1?

Thanks,

Yes, buy them elsewhere though you can find 12 month subs much cheaper.

Hi,

Thanks,

Yes. Those ones are a smidge cheaper via cdkeys though. You'll see mention on Brazil subs here also which can be redeemed by jumping through one fairly simple hoop to redeem, these could save you a further 10-15 per sub

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

skerry wrote: »
    Handiest way is to buy 3 x 12 month Xbox live subs from CD Keys for 45 each. Redeem each, don't add month for auto renew as you can only stack up to 3 years. Once 3 yrs are stacked, there should be an offer for a trial for Game Pass Ultimate on the dashboard of the console once you log on. As far as I know, when you avail of that offer it converts your Xbox Live 3 yrs to Game Pass Ultimate. Just check first that the offer is on the dashboard. There is a cheaper way again with Brazilian Xbox Live subs but you have to go messing with VPN there and your saving about 30 euro for 3 yrs

This worked perfectly thank you so much!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,059 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

theteal wrote: »
    I would contact MS fitst before you spend any more money, just tell them you noticed your region was incorrectly set to US and now you've corrected it, funny stuff is happening.

Redeeming a 1 month GPU sub is probably not a bad test either, would only cost a few quid. I'd still be inclined to get the issue fixed at source first as you never know when it might pop up again.

Might go the support route although when I open up the assistant to chat to someone it only gives me an option for email and not live chat.
    Do you think if I purchased a one month Ultimate it should upgrade the balance to ultimate?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭Psygnosis

I have a decent enough PC but will probably get a series X around Jan.
    Can I use this for PC as well.?

Might go the support route although when I open up the assistant to chat to someone it only gives me an option for email and not live chat.
    Do you think if I purchased a one month Ultimate it should upgrade the balance to ultimate?

I'd be completely guessing in the GPU sub working. It's not an expensive test so may be worth a try. For support I believe there is a way of getting a voice call, I think you need to request a call via the chat, I'm sure I've seen it mentioned here previously

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Psygnosis wrote: »
    I have a decent enough PC but will probably get a series X around Jan.
    Can I use this for PC as well.?

So long as you get Game Pass Ultimate then yes, you have access to the full PC library also, just download the Xbox app from the Microsoft app store.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Handiest way is to buy 3 x 12 month Xbox live subs from CD Keys for 45 each. Redeem each, don't add month for auto renew as you can only stack up to 3 years. Once 3 yrs are stacked, there should be an offer for a trial for Game Pass Ultimate on the dashboard of the console once you log on. As far as I know, when you avail of that offer it converts your Xbox Live 3 yrs to Game Pass Ultimate. Just check first that the offer is on the dashboard. There is a cheaper way again with Brazilian Xbox Live subs but you have to go messing with VPN there and your saving about 30 euro for 3 yrs

You can't stack over 36 months so that won't work.

You're best to do the following

Redeem 12 month code
    Turn on Auto Renew - get extra month
    Turn off Auto Renew

Redeem 12 month code
    Turn off Auto Renew.

Redeem 6 month code
    Turn off Auto Renew.

Redeem GPU upgrade offer for €1
    Turn off Auto Renew.

That should get you 34 months of GPU.

This way should give you 4 free months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,622 ✭✭✭Treppen

Is there any chance we could keep this thread for Gamepass games and features?

We're getting the same request for info on upgrading to GPU through Gold over and over.

Don't get me wrong, it's great info and I always read it,but it's kind of killing the games talk!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,622 ✭✭✭Treppen

Hellblade Senua's Sacrifice is pretty good if you're into atmosphere and have a good headset.
    I just let it load up and got distracted on my phone , then realised I'd been listening to the 10 minute intro like it was a radio drama.

Not too much actual gameplay so far with long scenes but think I'll come back to it again.

Works well on Cloud Android touch too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭skerry

TitianGerm wrote: »
    You can't stack over 36 months so that won't work.

You're best to do the following

Redeem 12 month code
    Turn off Auto Renew

Redeem 12 month code
    Turn off Auto Renew.

Redeem 6 month code
    Turn off Auto Renew.

Redeem GPU upgrade offer for €1
    Turn off Auto Renew.

That should get you 34 months of GPU.

This way should give you 4 free months.

Why would it not work? 3 x 12 months gives thr max and you shouldn't get over that if you don't avail of the extra months for auto renew? I game share myself so I've never actually had to do it, other person on the amount did.

Why would it not work? 3 x 12 months gives thr max and you shouldn't get over that if you don't avail of the extra months for auto renew? I game share myself so I've never actually had to do it, other person on the amount did.

When you avail of the €1 offer does it not add an extra month bringing it to 37?

When you avail of the €1 offer does it not add an extra month bringing it to 37?

I thought it just converts existing but I could be wrong there. Maybe Holly J that I advised could answer as just performed it.

I thought it just converts existing but I could be wrong there. Maybe Holly J that I advised could answer as just performed it.

Maybe I'm wrong but I thought when I converted mine I got 1 month when converting and an extra month for turning on auto renew.

Maybe I'm wrong but I thought when I converted mine I got 1 month when converting and an extra month for turning on auto renew.

Indeed. Stacking 30 months of Gold while toggling Auto Renew and buying 1 month of GPU and turning on auto renew will give you 35 months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Am I blind? Is Gears Tactics available on Series X yet? I looked last night and couldn't see it for download.

ZiabR wrote: »
    Am I blind? Is Gears Tactics available on Series X yet? I looked last night and couldn't see it for download.

Should definitely be there, I downloaded it from Game Pass a couple of nights ago

Are you looking on the App?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,276 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

sorry folks i know these qns are annoying, but i have my 3 years of gold stacked, i got the gpu trial before so i dont think thats open to me, whats my options for gpu to convert the gold?

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

Cyrus wrote: »
    sorry folks i know these qns are annoying, but i have my 3 years of gold stacked, i got the gpu trial before so i dont think thats open to me, whats my options for gpu to convert the gold?

Just buy a 1 month Ultimate pass code I think, CD keyes didn't have it today but Smyths online store did for like €12

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

Had my 12 months autorenew last month so cancelled that, bought 2 x 12months gold from cdkeys and then a 1month ultimate pass code (all EU) to activate this deal :cool:

Actually should have done this ages ago now that i see how many games I already bought! Some are disc copies and its really handy that i dont have to re-download them, it just auto transfers my licence to a digital one :)

Treppen wrote: »
    Is there any chance we could keep this thread for Gamepass games and features?

We're getting the same request for info on upgrading to GPU through Gold over and over.

Don't get me wrong, it's great info and I always read it,but it's kind of killing the games talk!

There just needs to be seperate threads at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 valy1972

Last question pretty please.

If I log in as parent on the Xbox and add the Xbox live subscriptions, will this automatically give the child members access to the Xbox live or do I have to buy one for each individual child member?

Thank you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Last question pretty please.

If I log in as parent on the Xbox and add the Xbox live subscriptions, will this automatically give the child members access to the Xbox live or do I have to buy one for each individual child member?

Thank you.

they will have access

Should definitely be there, I downloaded it from Game Pass a couple of nights ago

100% not within the game pass list, under game pass library. I had to go to the Store and search for the game and then it appeared as downloadable. Very odd.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I checked there for you on young lads series x and it is 100% there ready to download.
    I played it myself months back on game pas for PC.

Right, when you go into the Gamepass Library is it with the rest of the Gears games? I see, Gear 1, Gears 1 Ultimate, Gears 2, Gears 3, Gears 4, Gears 5 and Gears Judgement.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Booted it up there for you and there is a list of gears games then gears tactics is the final one , after that its goat simulator, hope this helps.

Dcully wrote: »
    Booted it up there for you and there is a list of gears games then gears tactics is the final one , after that its goat simulator, hope this helps.

Thanks for that. Yeah its not on my list believe it or not. I thought I was going crazy. I have it installed now by searching the store. All other games seem to be there. Even if I sort my X/S enhanced games, gears tactics is not there. :confused:

theteal wrote: »
    I'd be completely guessing in the GPU sub working. It's not an expensive test so may be worth a try. For support I believe there is a way of getting a voice call, I think you need to request a call via the chat, I'm sure I've seen it mentioned here previously

Thanks for your help just bought a month of ultimate and it upgraded my gold to October 2023.
    Time to get gaming on my Series X :)

Thanks for that. Yeah its not on my list believe it or not. I thought I was going crazy. I have it installed now by searching the store. All other games seem to be there. Even if I sort my X/S enhanced games, gears tactics is not there. :confused:

Are you looking at the APP?

Are you looking at the APP?

No, I am in "Manage" within the Series X where you see 89 games from EA and 100+ from games pass etc. When I click into gamespass and scroll down to Gears, Gears Tactics is not there with all of the other Gears games. Its an odd one.

No, I am in "Manage" within the Series X where you see 89 games from EA and 100+ from games pass etc. When I click into gamespass and scroll down to Gears, Gears Tactics is not there with all of the other Gears games. Its an odd one.

Use the app and you can push the downloads to the console. Could be something strange going on where your list isn't updating properly.

• Advertisement

Use the app and you can push the downloads to the console. Could be something strange going on where your list isn't updating properly.

Yeah I have it sorted now by searching the store on series x, downloaded it from there. I think your right, my game pass/store must not have updated properly.

Played the intro levels of Gears Tactics last night. Great game so far.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Is the €1 conversion offer a once only thing? Im trying to redeem another 12 months of gold but it's only letting me redeem by converting to 4 months of GPU

(I still have 3 months of GPU from using the offer before)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

stevenmu wrote: »
    Is the €1 conversion offer a once only thing? Im trying to redeem another 12 months of gold but it's only letting me redeem by converting to 4 months of GPU

(I still have 3 months of GPU from using the offer before)

You need to let your existing 3 months run out before you can do the conversion trick

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Nigzcurran wrote: »
    You need to let your existing 3 months run out before you can do the conversion trick
    Makes sense, thanks.

• Advertisement

Is EA Access on PC Game Pass now?

Is EA Access on PC Game Pass now?

Not until next month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭mossie

Not until next month.

EA games are showing on my game pass now

mossie wrote: »
    EA games are showing on my game pass now

They've been on Xbox since Tuesday, they go up on December 15th on PC.

Mate of mine is trying to stack xbox love codes to avail of the GPU conversion. He bought one 12 month code from CD keys no problem but transaction keeps getting blocked for second one. Anyone know if its handier to pay with PayPal, he's using a card but I think I usually do PayPal with them myself. Linked him to Eneba, thinking he might have more luck there

Mate of mine is trying to stack xbox love codes to avail of the GPU conversion. He bought one 12 month code from CD keys no problem but transaction keeps getting blocked for second one. Anyone know if its handier to pay with PayPal, he's using a card but I think I usually do PayPal with them myself. Linked him to Eneba, thinking he might have more luck there

I used PayPal on CDkeys for 3 codes with no issue. Some card issues will query the transaction and block further if they think it's fraudulent he should ring his card provider and check if it's blocked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Supraland on gamepass is absolutely brilliant. I completed it just now. Makes you think a lot about how to get past a challenge. At end game you can still go around the game world to collect missing chests to 100% the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,276 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Anyone tried the touryst? I’m enjoying it I have to say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Cyrus wrote: »
    Anyone tried the touryst? I’m enjoying it I have to say
    I'm enjoying the Touryst too. Didn't know what it was going into it, but it's a fun little adventure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Decided to try out Dead By Daylight seen as it looks good on Limmys stream. Had a few disconnects but the actual game is a lot of fun. Can see myself going in deep on this.

• Advertisement
Advertisement