Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox Game Pass

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭micks_address

hi folks - don't want to annoy... re xbox live to game pass ultimate.. i had 13 months xbox live gold that i switched to 13 months game pass ultimate.. i didnt know about stacking before i did it.. is there any way to extend to 3 years or am i stuck with gpu pricing in 13 months? still 13 months of it so no major panic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭bazzz

hi folks - don't want to annoy... re xbox live to game pass ultimate.. i had 13 months xbox live gold that i switched to 13 months game pass ultimate.. i didnt know about stacking before i did it.. is there any way to extend to 3 years or am i stuck with gpu pricing in 13 months? still 13 months of it so no major panic

No way to do it on your current account, until it expires. Unless you setup a new account and stack 36 months of XBLG and then convert it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭micks_address

bazzz wrote: »
    No way to do it on your current account, until it expires. Unless you setup a new account and stack 36 months of XBLG and then convert it.

You'd buy xbox live codes for brazil by 3? Redeem them via vpn and then switch back to local dns and convert to gpu? Only have account a few weeks so may be worth doing..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭bazzz

You'd buy xbox live codes for brazil by 3? Redeem them via vpn and then switch back to local dns and convert to gpu? Only have account a few weeks so may be worth doing..

Yep that's all you need to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

Cleared Supraland. Great game but I'm glad to be done with it. No way I'm going looking for the chests I missed.

I used youtube only once (very early in the game when I wasn't sure of the mechanics). The puzzles are great and sometimes require you to think outside the (purple) box but I was never stuck for too long. There's usually some subtle or not so subtle visual clues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Asus X540L wrote: »
    Cleared Supraland. Great game but I'm glad to be done with it. No way I'm going looking for the chests I missed.

I used youtube only once (very early in the game when I wasn't sure of the mechanics). The puzzles are great and sometimes require you to think outside the (purple) box but I was never stuck for too long. There's usually some subtle or not so subtle visual clues.

Me like a eejit I went back to 100% it. You earn a really high jump so you can jump up really high all around the map. I have 2 chests left to find and I must have covered every inch of the map a couple of times over and still cannot find them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Your kinda stuck unfortunately

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭skerry

Playing Jedi Fallen Order at the moment. Decent Star Wars game. Not sure I'm feeling some of the awkward platforming sections though.

Really enjoying Game Pass again now that I'm spending more time on the new Console than I was with the One X. Super selection on there. Hopping between Jedi Fallen Order, Gears 5, Gears Tactics and Forza Horizon 4. Great indie collection on there too. Think Master Chief Collection is getting a big update today too so will be checking that out later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

I found Fallen Order a bit glitchy on the One X, kinda put me off it.

• Advertisement

theteal wrote: »

It's been a bit glitchy on Series X for me too. Runs really smooth and I think its supposed to be close to 60fps but every now and then the Jedi dude or an enemy will start to do some weird glitch dance that pulls you out of the experience. Nothing game breaking but definitely not polished.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭kellier180

Ok so think this has been covered but just want to make sure Im right before I do it.

My Xbox live account expires at the end of this month. So If I buy 2-3 years worth of gold membership from CD keys activate it all and then buy one month of Games Pass Ultimate when I activate that it will switch my gold membership to Game pass ultimate for however long I've both the gold membership for? And I'll also get the EA pass aswel?

One more thing i currently have a One S but will have a Series X at Christmas would I be better off waiting until then to do all this or would it not make a difference?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

theteal wrote: »

So far anyway for me it's smooth as silk in the Series X.

Hurrache wrote: »
    So far anyway for me it's smooth as silk in the Series X.

Overall frame rate has been very smooth for me too but I get the odd character acting strangely on screen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

skerry wrote: »
    Playing Jedi Fallen Order at the moment. Decent Star Wars game. Not sure I'm feeling some of the awkward platforming sections though.

Really enjoying Game Pass again now that I'm spending more time on the new Console than I was with the One X. Super selection on there. Hopping between Jedi Fallen Order, Gears 5, Gears Tactics and Forza Horizon 4. Great indie collection on there too. Think Master Chief Collection is getting a big update today too so will be checking that out later.

Just playing Jedi Fallen Order myself, and I really hate the exploration and combat. Which is pretty much the entire game I guess...! :o:o

Started Mass Effect 2 last night and only a small bit into it now. I completed Mass Effect 1 recently but wasn't able to import my save as they wouldn't accept a cloud save for some reason. Overall graphics are a lot better than the first but not up to the standard of One X games or Series X patched games.

I'm going to take my time with this I think but that could change once I get hooked. Hasn't happened yet but that is usually the way when you start a new game and once you get into it that all changes.

• Advertisement

Started Mass Effect 2 last night and only a small bit into it now. I completed Mass Effect 1 recently but wasn't able to import my save as they wouldn't accept a cloud save for some reason. Overall graphics are a lot better than the first but not up to the standard of One X games or Series X patched games.

I'm going to take my time with this I think but that could change once I get hooked. Hasn't happened yet but that is usually the way when you start a new game and once you get into it that all changes.

Great game. Possibly my favourite 360 title and definitely my favourite Series of that gen. Enjoy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭Psygnosis

So got game pass,
    Can anyone recommend anything on it say similar to borderlands where you can pick it up and blast away.
    I've played the Gears series already.
    I'm not a big gamer at all but would be handy to have something to blast away an hour or so each week.

Doom

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Psygnosis wrote: »
    So got game pass,
    Can anyone recommend anything on it say similar to borderlands where you can pick it up and blast away.
    I'm not a big gamer at all but would be handy to have something to blast away an hour or so each week.

Rage 2, Destiny 2, Sunset Overdrive, The Outer Worlds, Void Bastards

Just played through Streets of Rage 4 online with a random.

Didn't like Streets of Rage 1/Final Fight etc when I was a kid and I don't like them now.

I find them unbelievably repetitive.

• Advertisement

So got game pass,

Halo: Master Chief Collection?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Enjoying Planet Coaster a lot. Bringing me back to days of Theme Park and Hospital.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,622 ✭✭✭Treppen

So got game pass,

Sniper Elite 4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

So got game pass,

The new Destiny DLC is included in game pass isn't it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

TitianGerm wrote: »
    The new Destiny DLC is included in game pass isn't it?

All 3 expansions are included, the seasonal content is not though.

Unravel 2 is such a great game to play co-op. Myself and my daughter get lost in it, some creepy moments in it though that have to do with the background story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,276 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

folks what happens when a game is removed from game pass, can you still play if you have it downloaded ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Cyrus wrote: »
    folks what happens when a game is removed from game pass, can you still play if you have it downloaded ?

you have to buy it

IvoryTower wrote: »
    you have to buy it

really that sucks :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

I recently bought 3 months of game pass, if I buy one month of Xbox Live will it upgrade to Ultimate?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

really that sucks :(
    If you got to keep the games, they'd have to make the Games Pass a hell of a lot more expensive. It really is one of the best deals in gaming. I would prefer if there was some way of indicating that an installed game was no longer available as part of the Game Pass, as they're just taking up valuable hard drive space.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 345 ✭✭panevthe3rd

If you got to keep the games, they'd have to make the Games Pass a hell of a lot more expensive. It really is one of the best deals in gaming. I would prefer if there was some way of indicating that an installed game was no longer available as part of the Game Pass, as they're just taking up valuable hard drive space.

They also give a 10% discount on all games that are on gamepass. Handy if you find a game you want to keep .

There should be a 'Game Pass' icon on the bottom right of the title in your list of installed games. If you know its a title you downloaded from Game Pass and that icon is no longer there it means it's gone from the service and you can delete then.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭gizabeer

When doing the 3 year brazil Gamepass conversion do you have to get the 1 month Gamepass ultimate from brazil as well or does it matter what region ? Thanks

I had to buy Borderlands 2 as I was playing it on gamepass and stopped for a while went back and I thought there was a problem with the game not launching finally figured out it was removed from gamepass. So I ended up buying the game just to finish it. Don't ask me why considering I already played it a few years previous on PC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

I recently bought 3 months of game pass, if I buy one month of Xbox Live will it upgrade to Ultimate?

No, that will give you 1 month of gold and 3 of Game Pass. If you by GPU you will get 4 months of GPU.

Ideally you want as close to 36 months of a combination of Game Pass or Gold before subscribing to GPU.

There should be a 'Game Pass' icon on the bottom right of the title in your list of installed games. If you know its a title you downloaded from Game Pass and that icon is no longer there it means it's gone from the service and you can delete then.

Pen a letter to Bill Gates ASAP

Treppen wrote: »

You've lost me there

• Advertisement

gizabeer wrote: »
    When doing the 3 year brazil Gamepass conversion do you have to get the 1 month Gamepass ultimate from brazil as well or does it matter what region ? Thanks

yYu probably can but I'm not even sure I've seen a Brazil GPU available, t'would hardly be much of a saving regardless. Just get a standard 1 month GPU

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

You've lost me there

He's trying to be smart as he didn't understand the "The should be..." at the beginning of your post and thought you were complaining about a missing feature.

He's trying to be smart as he didn't understand the "The should be..." at the beginning of your post and thought you were complaining about a missing feature.

Ahhhh, thanks for the clarification dude, massively confused there. I'll hold off on penning that letter to Bill so :)

folks anything on game pass youd recommend for a 7 year old?

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭feelgoodinc27

Minecraft, Minecraft Dungeons, there’s a family friendly section in the game pass mobile app.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Theres a Disney game where you play in toy story etc, very kid friendly. My son loved totally accurate battle simulator for a few months as well. Then of course Minecraft.

• Advertisement

There's constantly Lego games on it too, can't beat them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭the corpo

Forza 4 pricing oddness, since getting the Series X.

I went to download the Lego DLC, in game, and I get two options a free option, and 7.99 option. Naturally, I choose the free option, but then it tries to charge me 7.99 anyway. Also, it's not displaying the Euro sign properly.

Anyone else get this?

Image_20201120_095956.heic

Me and the 4yr old are blasting through Super Luckys Tale, quite enjoying it myself tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

14 Days Free Trial for Xbox Game Pass Ultimate..

Please respond if you have used it

TWGVG-K4WH3-TRY6T-YD4GH-976YZ

Assume it could be used for stacking codes... Received from a controller purchase

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

Is any one else having problems with installing games?

My youngest son is having a fit because Totally Accurate Battle Simulator won't install now. It had been installed but required an update, when he tried to install the update it didn't happen and the game wouldn't launch because it was being updated. In years to come he'll be explaining to his therapist that the descent into madness began at that moment. :D

I tried the good old turn it off and back on again trick but it didn't work.

I then uninstalled the game and tried to re-install it. The installation stops before it begins and the according to the more information screen we have version 0.0.0.0 installed and it is ~3GB in size.

I've looked on the Microsoft forum and have seen a similar issue reported regarding Minecraft but with no resolution.

• Advertisement
Advertisement