Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox Game Pass

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

pm1977x wrote: »
    No, left it after beating it and a bit of chest collecting, might go back as there’s loads more to do I guess?

You get the
    high jump
    when you get
    the last golden barrel by beating the couple of hoards of guys that come at you at the back
    of the starting area.

Well worth doing before collecting the rest of chests as you will
    be bouncing all over the top
    of game area with
    the really high jump.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭budhabob

Nigzcurran wrote: »
    Leave auto renew on and it’ll give you a free month so you’ll get 14 months

does it matter where I buy the various memberships for this to work? as in can I buy the 12 months gold and 1 month ultimate on cdkeys?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Shanee. wrote: »
    Hey guys i added 2 x 12 months xbox live gold about a month ago. I then added a gamepass month for 12euro. Today the gamepass expired and now i cannot access live at all without it seems renewing a gamepass? Is this possible or am i doing something wrong?

Take a look at your services and subscriptions here, see if you can see anything.

Do you still have the Live codes that you used? Is it possible that the codes failed to load on?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Shanee.

CatInABox wrote: »
    Take a look at your services and subscriptions here, see if you can see anything.

Do you still have the Live codes that you used? Is it possible that the codes failed to load on?

It says ‘ Subscription converted to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate’

Yeah I’m sure they added properly as I had to use a VPN and applied both of them at the time. Very strange altogether ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

It says ‘ Subscription converted to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate’

Yeah I’m sure they added properly as I had to use a VPN and applied both of them at the time. Very strange altogether ?

Have a look through your order history, search for Subscriptions and you should be able to see what happened when you applied them.

• Advertisement

CatInABox wrote: »
    Have a look through your order history, search for Subscriptions and you should be able to see what happened when you applied them.

Got through to support on the phone and they were very helpful. I added 2 x 12 months and then a gamepass and it cancelled for some reason and re added itself. But they overwrote the gold sub and when the month gamepass expired I had no gold. They just added the gold and gamepass and now have it sorted untill january 2023 ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

You get the
    high jump
    when you get
    the last golden barrel by beating the couple of hoards of guys that come at you at the back
    of the starting area.

Well worth doing before collecting the rest of chests as you will
    be bouncing all over the top
    of game area with
    the really high jump.

Ah, thanks for the tip, wasn’t clear what that whole thing was about and was too underpowered to clear it before.

Enjoying Control so far, unusual story and decent combat, good difficulty/progress balance, reminds me of Half Life 2 a bit (but not as good).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭oldtimeyfella

Enjoying Control so far, unusual story and decent combat, good difficulty/progress balance, reminds me of Half Life 2 a bit (but not as good).

Literally just watched the end credits. An excellent game overall.

Very much a spiritual successor to Alan Wake and i'm delighted that it might lead to some kind of follow up to that game. I absolutely hated Quantum Break so i had low expectations for Control but Remedy got the balance of combat and exploration just right this time around. I'd highly recommend a playthrough.

Literally just watched the end credits. An excellent game overall.

Very much a spiritual successor to Alan Wake and i'm delighted that it might lead to some kind of follow up to that game. I absolutely hated Quantum Break so i had low expectations for Control but Remedy got the balance of combat and exploration just right this time around. I'd highly recommend a playthrough.

I’m a few hours into the main storyline, I presume you can go back and do the side missions later, I’m just ignoring them when they pop up?

• Advertisement

I’m a few hours into the main storyline, I presume you can go back and do the side missions later, I’m just ignoring them when they pop up?

You most certainly can.

You most certainly can.

Excellent, look forward to even more weirdness, great to see a game push the boundaries a bit in terms of storytelling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Casati

Big thanks to all those who have given the details on how to convert Gold to Game Pass - I have followed the instruction and have three years Game Pass for the price of 3 years thanks to you all

Note in my case rather than buy 3 * 12 month passes I bought a 24 month pass and then a 12 month pass which was slightly cheaper again and worked perfectly

Started Jedi Fallen Order this morning. The load times when you die are absolutely brutal, even when playing off the Series X SSD.

Same here. I'm finding with game pass I've no incentive to go running around maps doing silly side challenges. Especially this game where trying to find something can sometimes get frustrating. If I had bought the game I'd probably be looking to get the most out of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

maximoose wrote: »
    Control only really gets going when you have all the abilities unlocked, I really liked it.

I'm a bit late to the control chat, but I find I have to nearly force myself to play it, something just isn't grabbing me. I appreciate all the collectibles and sidestory, but there's way too many of them, it feels like I'm constantly picking stuff up and then going into the inventory to read it rather than actually traversing the world. And the thing is, the text stuff is some of the best writing in it.

I'm at the ashtray maze now, so will soldier on to see the ending but I'm not as enamoured with it as I expected, and indeed, I even like quantum break, so had high hopes for this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 221 ✭✭Anjunadeep

Got through to support on the phone and they were very helpful. I added 2 x 12 months and then a gamepass and it cancelled for some reason and re added itself. But they overwrote the gold sub and when the month gamepass expired I had no gold. They just added the gold and gamepass and now have it sorted untill january 2023 ;)

hey shanee
    how did you get through to them on the phone? What number?
    I've the exact same prob

Anjunadeep wrote: »
    hey shanee
    how did you get through to them on the phone? What number?
    I've the exact same prob

https://support.xbox.com/en-IE/contact-us

Click ask a question then type speak with an agent. And finally there will be a box to click to recieve a callback, they phoned me after about 10 minutes and were very helpful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 194 ✭✭DM_2092

What is this 'Waiting for XBox' and 'Check your console' nonsense I see on the Game Pass app?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,357 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Enjoyed a few hours with Supraland there, fecking had to turn it off at 23:40. Time just flew, work in the morning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Skyrim now available

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,517 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Skyrim now available

This a new game?
    Never heard of it before :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,357 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

marcbrophy wrote: »
    This a new game?
    Never heard of it before :D

A game in which to live. Nearly more of a hobby than a game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

EA Play for PC integration for GamePass delayed until next year.

https://twitter.com/XboxGamePassPC/status/1338876751154356225?s=19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Lads, my friends sons game pass ran out. Is it still possible to do whole trick with toping up with one year xbox live and then upgrading it, as far as I remember Microsoftphased out those 1 year subs you could get? Or are they like 6 month or 12 month codes anymore?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Lads, my friends sons game pass ran out. Is it still possible to do whole trick with toping up with one year xbox live and then upgrading it, as far as I remember Microsoftphased out those 1 year subs you could get? Or are they like 6 month or 12 month codes anymore?

Plenty of 12 months subs on there

Can be converted to GPU afterwards by redeeming a 1 month sub of GPU

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭quad_red

Can I just thank everyone on this thread? Just converted up to Feb 2023 to gamepass for nought (from gold).

Brilliant work. Just got a series x and downloading doom eternal, no man’s sky and more now.

theteal wrote: »
    Plenty of 12 months subs on there

Can be converted to GPU afterwards by redeeming a 1 month sub of GPU

So he needs it to run out, add 12 months and then upgrade to ultimate, thats it?

So he needs it to run out, add 12 months and then upgrade to ultimate, thats it?

That's it. Once it expires he can stack upto 3 years of Gold and convert the lot to GPU by buying 1 month.

• Advertisement

That's it. Once it expires he can stack upto 3 years of Gold and convert the lot to GPU by buying 1 month.

Cheers. I had stacked mine ages ago, was not sure how it works now. Already gave link and all to my buddy. Cheers lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Gears DLC not available?

Gears DLC not available?

Only included if you have Ultimate, if you are on base Game Pass for Console/PC you have to buy it.

Has to be downloaded from within the game too from what I heard.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

So i added my 12 month code and not seeing the 1 euro offer only seeing 14.99 per month offer, i done this last year no issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Dcully wrote: »
    So i added my 12 month code and not seeing the 1 euro offer only seeing 14.99 per month offer, i done this last year no issues.

That's because the €1 offer is once only.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

You’ll need to pay for a full month of ultimate to convert the rest of your gold

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

OK thanks guys, so if i do so it will convert the rest of gold , do i turn off auto renew then or how do i stop from needing to pay every month?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭djan

Sorry for asking again but I'm getting conflicting info online. I have already done the gold to gamepass conversion a year or so ago and it's running out in a couple of days.

If I get and stack live for the 3 years will I just need to buy a month's worth of gamepass then and it will still convert?

Also I have nearly 30k xbox redeemable points so wondering if I could use some of that to buy gold...?

OK thanks guys, so if i do so it will convert the rest of gold , do i turn off auto renew then or how do i stop from needing to pay every month?

Auto renew should give you a free month I think, just turn it off after everything is converted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Redeeming 1 month of GPU will convert all of your gold over on a 1:1 ratio, auto renew on will give you an extra month. It'll tell you when your next billing date is which will be a long way down the road, just turn off auto renew before then. Also it's advisable to stack more than 1 year of gold, it may not exist the next time your sub expires.
    djan wrote: »
    Sorry for asking again but I'm getting conflicting info online. I have already done the gold to gamepass conversion a year or so ago and it's running out in a couple of days.

If I get and stack live for the 3 years will I just need to buy a month's worth of gamepass then and it will still convert?

Also I have nearly 30k xbox redeemable points so wondering if I could use some of that to buy gold...?

Let your GPU expire. Then stack gold. Then redeem 1 month GPU to convert your gold to GPU at 1:1.

You can use the points to buy GPU subs alright, not seen the option for gold though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Redeeming 1 month of GPU will convert all of your gold over on a 1:1 ratio, auto renew on will give you an extra month. It'll tell you when your next billing date is which will be a long way down the road, just turn off auto renew before then. Also it's advisable to stack more than 1 year of gold, it may not exist the next time your sub expires.

Let your GPU expire. Then stack gold. Then redeem 1 month GPU to convert your gold to GPU at 1:1.

Does GPU need to expire first for this to work? I've GPU until June 2021 but would like to add another year or 2 before then incase the 'offer' ends!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭djan

You can use the points to buy GPU subs alright, not seen the option for gold though.

Thanks for that, I checked and can get a month of gold for 6,800 so might grab a couple of those.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭bazzz

Pacifico wrote: »
    Does GPU need to expire first for this to work? I've GPU until June 2021 but would like to add another year or 2 before then incase the 'offer' ends!

As already explained, you let the GPU expire first.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Sean Seoighe

Help, one of my friends is coming over for Xmas as hed be alone otherwise so would love any suggestions for games us 2 and my wife could play - ideally 2 player and fun even if you haven't gamed in a long time

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭a_squirrelman

The Joycer wrote: »
    Help, one of my friends is coming over for Xmas as hed be alone otherwise so would love any suggestions for games us 2 and my wife could play - ideally 2 player and fun even if you haven't gamed in a long time

I like the jackbox trivia/gameshow games. I think there are two of them on gamepass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Overcooked is good fun.

Twister?!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Jesus, you’d be hung for that in the Covid threads :)

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Sean Seoighe

nocoverart wrote: »
    Jesus, you’d be hung for that in the Covid threads :)

Haha true hence saying reason why friend is coming over - definitely not a house party! Thanks all for suggestions and if any more please keep them coming

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Moving Out is hilarious, up to 4 players, same goes for Total Reliable Delivery Service. Both on Gamespass, or were until very recently anyway.

• Advertisement
Advertisement