Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox Game Pass

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Hi Guys can I ask a noob question pls, just got the series x with 3 months game pass ultimate from harvey norman, I can see that you can subscribe to gamepass for 1 euro for first three months, am i best off doing this and once complete redeem by ultimate code, all in all i should then have 6 months stacked up?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Hi Guys can I ask a noob question pls, just got the series x with 3 months game pass ultimate from harvey norman, I can see that you can subscribe to gamepass for 1 euro for first three months, am i best off doing this and once complete redeem by ultimate code, all in all i should then have 6 months stacked up?

Yeah, that'd work, but you're better off loading up on Xbox Live, then applying Game Pass Ultimate. That translates all your Live into Game Pass Ultimate, saving you stacks of money.

See the first post here for more details.

Finished Control. Found it to be a solid decent t game. I hsve to admit though I had to lookup the story in the end as I wasn't really sure what was going on. Makes sense now :-D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Was there an amazon prime video month trial with game pass a while back?

Dcully wrote: »

Only Disney+ AFAIK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Dcully wrote: »

If you have a Sky Q box a Prime Video app has just been added and you get a 30 day trial signing up via the set top box.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

If you have a Sky Q box a Prime Video app has just been added and you get a 30 day trial signing up via the set top box.

Yeah I spotted that but thought was only 7 days , will check again thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Lads, got a 14 day free trial of game pass ultimate with a new controller I got. For new customers only though so can't redeem it.
    If anyone want it, I'll message code

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭Danick

Is it possible to play Doom Eternal one player campaign on Gale Pass Olof you don’t already own the game and if so how do you download it?

• Advertisement

Danick wrote: »
    Is it possible to play Doom Eternal one player campaign on Gale Pass Olof you don’t already own the game and if so how do you download it?

Download the game. It should download 2 components, the battle mode and the campaign. Don't delete battle mode as all the game data is in that installation and the campaign tile is just a separate launcher.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,622 ✭✭✭Treppen

Batman Arkham asylum is pretty good. The gameplay is smooth with little hanging around between tasks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Treppen wrote: »
    Batman Arkham asylum is pretty good. The gameplay is smooth with little hanging around between tasks.

Is that on Gamepass?

Is that on Gamepass?

No, only the 3rd game Arkham Knight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

No, only the 3rd game Arkham Knight.

I was thinking, that's why I asked. Played it before and found it good far better than Knight.

Download the game. It should download 2 components, the battle mode and the campaign. Don't delete battle mode as all the game data is in that installation and the campaign tile is just a separate launcher.

Thanks - have you tried it recently? Tried last night and I can only get battle mode - I really just want to play campaign.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

Just signed up there for the young fella, used a trip to South Africa to avail of the best price and took 2 x 12 month subs, 2 free months for activating recurring payments and the GPU offer 3 months for 1 euro so all in GPU until 28/05/23 for a little under 69 euro. Cheers for all the info folks, much appreciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Yup Arkham Asylum and the 2nd one are good. I could not take to the 3rd one though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,622 ✭✭✭Treppen

Ya sorry I meant Arkham Knight. Funny, I typed in Arkham and predictive text said asylum! It's like I've a while game word library in my dictionary keyboard thing.

I'd never played any before so it was all new to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Fallonben

I was wondering if I could get a bit of advice please.......I followed the advice on here and ordered 2 years of Xbox Live from CD Keys so that my son could then convert to the GamePass deal. I had contacted CD Keys before I bought to make sure that the codes would be compatible in Ireland, and they sent me the link to the 12 months Live that was compatible. I was emailed the codes, and have been trying to redeem them since Xmas eve with no luck. I contacted CD Keys on Xmas eve to ask for their help and they told me to try to redeem them through the computer or the Xbox app. We've tried both, plus trying to redeem through the Xbox itself, and we keep getting the error message that 'the region in which we bought the subscription and the store region need to match'.
    Could anyone on here offer any advice because I haven't had a reply from CDKeys since I sent them a screenshot of the error message on Xmas eve. I assume there won't be anyone available on Customer Support there for a few days.
    Thanks in advance and Merry Christmas everyone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

Fallonben wrote: »
    I was wondering if I could get a bit of advice please.......I followed the advice on here and ordered 2 years of Xbox Live from CD Keys so that my son could then convert to the GamePass deal. I had contacted CD Keys before I bought to make sure that the codes would be compatible in Ireland, and they sent me the link to the 12 months Live that was compatible. I was emailed the codes, and have been trying to redeem them since Xmas eve with no luck. I contacted CD Keys on Xmas eve to ask for their help and they told me to try to redeem them through the computer or the Xbox app. We've tried both, plus trying to redeem through the Xbox itself, and we keep getting the error message that 'the region in which we bought the subscription and the store region need to match'.
    Could anyone on here offer any advice because I haven't had a reply from CDKeys since I sent them a screenshot of the error message on Xmas eve. I assume there won't be anyone available on Customer Support there for a few days.
    Thanks in advance and Merry Christmas everyone!

What region did you buy the live gold for?

• Advertisement

glic83 wrote: »
    What region did you buy the live gold for?

It was for the EU - that's the link they sent me when I told them we were in Ireland

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

When trying to redeem, you should see the region that your account is on the screen, it should show up like "Fallonben@outlook.com (Ireland)". If it shows up as UK (or anywhere outside the EU), then you'll need to change your account.

If it is an EU country, then it's an issue on CDkeys end, they'll get it sorted for you, but as it's christmas time they may take a bit longer to get back to you.

CatInABox wrote: »
    When trying to redeem, you should see the region that your account is on the screen, it should show up like "Fallonben@outlook.com (Ireland)". If it shows up as UK (or anywhere outside the EU), then you'll need to change your account.

If it is an EU country, then it's an issue on CDkeys end, they'll get it sorted for you, but as it's christmas time they may take a bit longer to get back to you.

Thanks CatInABox! I changed the region at the bottom of my Microsoft Account screen to Ireland but I'm still getting the same error message when I try to redeem the codes. Hopefully CDkeys will get back to us in the next couple of days. I appreciate the help, thank you!

Thanks CatInABox! I changed the region at the bottom of my Microsoft Account screen to Ireland but I'm still getting the same error message when I try to redeem the codes. Hopefully CDkeys will get back to us in the next couple of days. I appreciate the help, thank you!

What's your country/region here?

https://account.microsoft.com/profile/

What's your country/region here?

https://account.microsoft.com/profile/

Ireland (under the date of birth) with English (United States) as the display language below that

Ireland (under the date of birth) with English (United States) as the display language below that

Looks like it's definitely a CDkeys problem then

Looks like it's definitely a CDkeys problem then

Seems to be doesn't it? Hopefully they can reissue me with 2 new codes, or just give me a refund so I can purchases elsewhere. Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it. Merry Christmas CatInABox!

Once more for the slow guy please folks;

Have 2 months Gold left.

12 months Gold on CDkeys is currently €45
    3 months Game Pass Ultimate for €1 on the console dashboard.

If I get the 12months gold and enter code, will by then adding the 3 months game pass, give me14 months Game Pass Ultimate?

Thanks!

Once more for the slow guy please folks;

Have 2 months Gold left.

12 months Gold on CDkeys is currently €45
    3 months Game Pass Ultimate for €1 on the console dashboard.

If I get the 12months gold and enter code, will by then adding the 3 months game pass, give me14 months Game Pass Ultimate?

Thanks!

Yes, assuming you haven't had Game Pass Ultimate before. I'd recommend buing 2 x 12 months from CDKeys, so you're sorted for a good while longer.

Basil3 wrote: »
    Yes, assuming you haven't had Game Pass Ultimate before. I'd recommend buing 2 x 12 months from CDKeys, so you're sorted for a good while longer.

Thanks Basil sorted!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Badabing1

Sorry for butting in, but if you have done this before, does that mean you can't do this again?

Badabing1 wrote: »
    Sorry for butting in, but if you have done this before, does that mean you can't do this again?

Not for €1. The second time you have to pay for a month of Game Pass Ultimate to get upgraded, so it's still a good deal.

Please be patient - noob here - Currently have Game Pass until May - could I buy the 12 months gold and wait until May to use it or if I buy it and add the code now will it add 12 months to my current subs? Thanks

Please be patient - noob here - Currently have Game Pass until May - could I buy the 12 months gold and wait until May to use it or if I buy it and add the code now will it add 12 months to my current subs? Thanks

If you have standard Game Pass for Console/PC you will have that until May and 12 Months Gold.

If you have Game Pass Ultimate, which I assume is what you have, 12 months Gold converts to 3 months of GPU.

If you have standard Game Pass for Console/PC you will have that until May and 12 Months Gold.

If you have Game Pass Ultimate, which I assume is what you have, 12 months Gold converts to 3 months of GPU.

Hi - yes I have Game Pass Ultimate until May so should I buy the 12 months gold or is it worth it?

Hi - yes I have Game Pass Ultimate until May so should I buy the 12 months gold or is it worth it?

Wait until May and load 30 months of Gold toggling auto renew for another 3 free months.

Buy 1 month of GPU and turn on auto renew again, this will give you 35 months of GPU.

No, because 12 months of Gold will only convert to 3 months of GPU.

I think the best way to extend your GPU at the moment if it hasn't expired, is to buy 12 months of EA Play for around €20, which will convert to 4 months of GPU.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭djan

No, because 12 months of Gold will only convert to 3 months of GPU.

I think the best way to extend your GPU at the moment if it hasn't expired, is to buy 12 months of EA Play for around €20, which will convert to 4 months of GPU.

Wait for your GPU to expire. Yesterday I converted xbox live gold that I got off cdkeys and after buying one month of GPU it converted it all 1:1.

I'm not sure that the EA play method still works but even then it's terrible value compared to stacking gold and then buying one month of GPU.

Just note that max amount of gold that can be converted ahead is 36months. So be careful not to go over that in live.

djan wrote: »
    Wait for your GPU to expire. Yesterday I converted xbox live gold that I got off cdkeys and after buying one month of GPU it converted it all 1:1.

I'm not sure that the EA play method still works but even then it's terrible value compared to stacking gold and then buying one month of GPU.

Just note that max amount of gold that can be converted ahead is 36months. So be careful not to go over that in live.

I used the EA Play method a couple of weeks ago. €60 for a year isn't terrible value, if you have 6 months of GPU remaining, the risk is that the upgrade offer may be removed before then.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭nextgengamer

Asked elsewhere - but wondering is the conversion 1-1 from gold to ultimate still available ?
    I can't find a definite link anywhere for this.
    Really I don't have time to play much, but this is too good an offer to pass by.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Its still 1:1 when converting from gold to ultimate.

Happy new year to you all!

So despite the numerous posts on the subject I have somehow managed to mess up the Gold to GPU conversion process.

There were no 6 months gold codes left so I opted for the full 3x12 month codes and switched auto-renew off.

The 36 months of Gold applied successfully and I then tried to apply 1 month of GPU. But I got a something went wrong error :confused:

Thinking it must be the Brazil code I am using, I then went to sign up for Game pass via the xbox in Ireland. Same something went wrong error.

I contacted support and was told the problem was that 36 months is the absolute maximum. I must wait a month to apply my 1 month of GPU.

Alternatively he advised me to find a shorter code. 14 days for example or he has even heard of people applying 5 day codes but he doesn't know where they got them from.

So basically, I've ended up with 3 years Gold and no way of signing up to GPU because I'm maxed out. I'm at least 14 days without GPU now provided I can find a 14 day code, otherwise I'm a month without GPU :mad:

Gotta tell the kids now no more Sea of Thieves and PvZ with their cousins for the rest of the holidays :mad: Or more than likely I'm going to cave and end up buying these games...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

So despite the numerous posts on the subject I have somehow managed to mess up the Gold to GPU conversion process.

There were no 6 months gold codes left so I opted for the full 3x12 month codes and switched auto-renew off.

The 36 months of Gold applied successfully and I then tried to apply 1 month of GPU. But I got a something went wrong error :confused:

Thinking it must be the Brazil code I am using, I then went to sign up for Game pass via the xbox in Ireland. Same something went wrong error.

I contacted support and was told the problem was that 36 months is the absolute maximum. I must wait a month to apply my 1 month of GPU.

Alternatively he advised me to find a shorter code. 14 days for example or he has even heard of people applying 5 day codes but he doesn't know where they got them from.

So basically, I've ended up with 3 years Gold and no way of signing up to GPU because I'm maxed out. I'm at least 14 days without GPU now provided I can find a 14 day code, otherwise I'm a month without GPU :mad:

Gotta tell the kids now no more Sea of Thieves and PvZ with their cousins for the rest of the holidays :mad: Or more than likely I'm going to cave and end up buying these games...

Give me a few minutes and I’ll see if I have a free gpu trial in the controller box we got off santy

Do you have to wait for GPU to run out before you can apply the 12 month Gold Code?

Do you have to wait for GPU to run out before you can apply the 12 month Gold Code?

yes, if you want a 1:1 conversion at least

• Advertisement

I wonder if I wait a day to bring me below 36 months will it allow me to apply the 1 month GPU and sacrifice the additional days. It says anything above the 36 months will be lost. So technically the 1 month GPU should do the gold to GPU conversion on the 35 months and 30 days and add an additional 1 day to bring me to the max 36 months. I think that should work, lets see what happens tomorrow....

Nigzcurran wrote: »
    Give me a few minutes and I’ll see if I have a free gpu trial in the controller box we got off santy

I could very well be wrong but I don't think you can redeem a 14 day trial if you have already done the £€1 upgrade deal (which I'm assuming the poster has). I tried this in an attempt to cheap out on buying a full month of GPU and it was not having it, nothing to do with region.

I was forced to dig deep for the £7 GPU sub then :eek:

Definitely give it a try but I think @Mr Grumble will be waiting for a month.

I wonder if I wait a day to bring me below 36 months will it allow me to apply the 1 month GPU and sacrifice the additional days. It says anything above the 36 months will be lost. So technically the 1 month GPU should do the gold to GPU conversion on the 35 months and 30 days and add an additional 1 day to bring me to the max 36 months. I think that should work, lets see what happens tomorrow....

That may not be a bad theory. Interested to see how that plays out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

I have a 14 day trial here if your idea dosnt work out. I have gpu paid up for 15 months so it’s no use to me

Have a look here (https://account.microsoft.com/services/) at your subscriptions, what's the date that it expires on? It should be around three years in the future, but if the date is in the "future" (i.e. it expires on, say, 05/01/2023), the you'll need to wait until the the fifth to load on more.

• Advertisement
Advertisement