Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox Game Pass

Comments

CatInABox wrote: »
    Have a look here (https://account.microsoft.com/services/) at your subscriptions, what's the date that it expires on? It should be around three years in the future, but if the date is in the "future" (i.e. it expires on, say, 05/01/2023), the you'll need to wait until the the fifth to load on more.
    Says it expires 31/12/2023 - thats for the newly applied 3x12 month gold subs.

Interestingly, GPU says "expired" on 01/01/2021.
    I think this is just start and end date issues in the calculation. Hopefully it will work tomorrow, we'll see.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Says it expires 31/12/2023 - thats for the newly applied 3x12 month gold subs.

Interestingly, GPU says "expired" on 01/01/2021.
    I think this is just start and end date issues in the calculation. Hopefully it will work tomorrow, we'll see.

Yeah, I'd say that's it, try again tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭nextgengamer

Ordered total of 30 months Xbox live gold from cdkeys ... Order went through and completed (emails received) but I can't access they keys. Site still says pending. Onto cdkeys support live chat; and then email support...

Hopefully it gets sorted soon ..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭Danick

My GPU runs out in May - should I buy the Gold subscriptions now from CDKeys and then apply the codes after my GPU has expired in May or is that dodgy - could things have changed by May? Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Danick wrote: »
    My GPU runs out in May - should I buy the Gold subscriptions now from CDKeys and then apply the codes after my GPU has expired in May or is that dodgy - could things have changed by May? Thanks

It's hard to say and you really should have stacked the first time as May is a fair bit away and things could change or on the other hand they may still be the same it's hard to call.

I'd be fairly confident you will always be able to convert gold to GPU. The sooner everyone is off Gold and on Game Pass the quicker they can end Gold. This has obviously been why they have ended 12 month subs. So its in their interest to keep a 1:1 conversion offer available for as long as there are people with gold subs knocking about.

The number of prepaid gold codes out there has surely got to dry up soon, it could well be a wise move to grab them now to be redeemed in May. There may be a slight risk of the codes having an expiry date, I'm not sure.

I wonder if I wait a day to bring me below 36 months will it allow me to apply the 1 month GPU and sacrifice the additional days. It says anything above the 36 months will be lost. So technically the 1 month GPU should do the gold to GPU conversion on the 35 months and 30 days and add an additional 1 day to bring me to the max 36 months. I think that should work, lets see what happens tomorrow....

This was the problem, I had to wait a day to apply my month of GPU code. I'm now maxed out with GPU up to 01/01/2024 :-)

ok - 2 x 12 gold + 1 x 6 gold + 1 x 3 gold for toggling renew on and off + 1 x ultimate
    = 2/11/2023

cd keys, eu codes, too scared to do the brazil dance

(my old ultimate upgrade had been used and had expired)

Nice!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Dozyart

Off topic i know :pac::pac::pac:

But I seen on twitter some games journos reckon Ubisoft Plus could be coming to Gamepass towards the middle of the year!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Dozyart wrote: »
    Off topic i know :pac::pac::pac:

But I seen on twitter some games journos reckon Ubisoft Plus could be coming to Gamepass towards the middle of the year!

Very unlikely. Ubisoft Plus isn't like EA Play, as it include access to new games on day one.

I could see some kind of Ubisoft Minus though, where a large selection of older games comes to Game Pass Ultimate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 Fallonben

Not sure if this is the right thread to post this, so please just point me in the right direction if it's not!
    I'm having a big problem trying to redeem Xbox live Gold codes on my son's Xbox Series X and I'm honestly lost regarding where to go for advice next. Just before Xmas I ordered 2 x 12 month Gold codes from CDKeys and couldn't redeem them. I kept getting an error message saying the store where I bought them from, and our own store region on the Xbox didn't match. We checked out our side, and our account and store region are both definitely set to Ireland. I figured it must be a problem with the CDKeys codes (although I did purchase codes they recommended for use in Ireland/EU), and eventually CDKeys kindly offered me a refund for the codes because they could see I hadn't been able to use them.
    I figured it was just a case of bad luck, and so last night I ordered a 12month Gold code from Smyths (unfortunately there's a limit that you can only order 1), and received a digital code moments later. We tried entering the code on the Xbox straight away, and the same thing happened!!!! Same message that the region in which we bought the subscription and our store region need to match. As advised in the error message, I contacted Microsoft support who told me that they could confirm that our account is set to Ireland, and unfortunately could offer no further advice because the Gold code was purchased from a 3rd party. I've sent an email to Smyths but there is a clear message on their website that they don't offer refunds or exchanges on digital products. I'm at a total loss regarding what to do? If our store region/account is set to Ireland, why are codes that should be valid in Ireland not working for us? I don't know how to figure this problem out, or even the right person to put the question to. Is there anyone on here who could give me any advice to try, or who have been through something similar themselves? I'm convinced the problem is definitely on our end now, but I don't know how to resolve it.
    Thanks in advance for any advice/replies!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Fallonben wrote: »
    Not sure if this is the right thread to post this, so please just point me in the right direction if it's not!
    I'm having a big problem trying to redeem Xbox live Gold codes on my son's Xbox Series X and I'm honestly lost regarding where to go for advice next. Just before Xmas I ordered 2 x 12 month Gold codes from CDKeys and couldn't redeem them. I kept getting an error message saying the store where I bought them from, and our own store region on the Xbox didn't match. We checked out our side, and our account and store region are both definitely set to Ireland. I figured it must be a problem with the CDKeys codes (although I did purchase codes they recommended for use in Ireland/EU), and eventually CDKeys kindly offered me a refund for the codes because they could see I hadn't been able to use them.
    I figured it was just a case of bad luck, and so last night I ordered a 12month Gold code from Smyths (unfortunately there's a limit that you can only order 1), and received a digital code moments later. We tried entering the code on the Xbox straight away, and the same thing happened!!!! Same message that the region in which we bought the subscription and our store region need to match. As advised in the error message, I contacted Microsoft support who told me that they could confirm that our account is set to Ireland, and unfortunately could offer no further advice because the Gold code was purchased from a 3rd party. I've sent an email to Smyths but there is a clear message on their website that they don't offer refunds or exchanges on digital products. I'm at a total loss regarding what to do? If our store region/account is set to Ireland, why are codes that should be valid in Ireland not working for us? I don't know how to figure this problem out, or even the right person to put the question to. Is there anyone on here who could give me any advice to try, or who have been through something similar themselves? I'm convinced the problem is definitely on our end now, but I don't know how to resolve it.
    Thanks in advance for any advice/replies!

Where are you trying to redeem the code, on the console or xbox.com?

If on the console make sure that the region the console is set to is Ireland.

If on xbox.com make sure you aren't using a VPN, or that the VPN is set to an Irish IP address.

Other than either of those two cases I can't see why this message would be coming up.

Where are you trying to redeem the code, on the console or xbox.com?

If on the console make sure that the region the console is set to is Ireland.

If on xbox.com make sure you aren't using a VPN, or that the VPN is set to an Irish IP address.

Other than either of those two cases I can't see why this message would be coming up.

We've tried redeeming on both, the console is definitely set to Ireland. The guy from Microsoft confirmed that for us last night when he checked my son's gamertag account.

We've tried redeeming on both, the console is definitely set to Ireland. The guy from Microsoft confirmed that for us last night when he checked my son's gamertag account.

Seems to be an IP address issue. Get a free VPN like Tunnel Bear and set it to Ireland and then try to redeem it from xbox.com

Seems to be an IP address issue. Get a free VPN like Tunnel Bear and set it to Ireland and then try to redeem it from xbox.com

I'm not using a VPN on my laptop, I didn't think I needed one? He's never had any problems redeeming codes on his previous Xbox one. We're both getting the same error message through the laptop and through the Xbox console.

I'm not using a VPN on my laptop, I didn't think I needed one? He's never had any problems redeeming codes on his previous Xbox one. We're both getting the same error message through the laptop and through the Xbox console.

Code redemption goes off geolocation. If a code bought here isn't working you have an IP address that the Xbox infrastructure believes is in an unredeemable country.

Try redeeming with a VPN set to Ireland, or use a mobile via your carrier(don't use wifi). Hopefully one of those two methods will work.

Check what it says here: https://www.whatismyip.com/

It should tell you your location and ISP in the top left. It's possible that your ISP is routing you in an unusual fashion, and might be making you look like you're outside the EU

Check what it says here: https://www.whatismyip.com/

It should tell you your location and ISP in the top left. It's possible that your ISP is routing you in an unusual fashion, and might be making you look like you're outside the EU

Thanks CatInABox, I just tried that, and it's showing that my location is in Kildare, exactly where I am.

On the xbox, goto Setting -> System -> Language & Location

Location should be Ireland.

• Advertisement

Thanks to everyone for your advice! I hadn't realised when my son set up the Series X on Xmas Day, that he'd kept the old Xbox One linked to it. We checked the Xbox One and that was set to the UK, despite the fact the new Series X was set to Ireland. We were able to input the new Smyth's code (finally!) and managed to get the Game Pass on the bundle deal for 13 months too. Disappointed we didn't get to use the CDKeys codes for 24 months but frankly I'm just delighted it's sorted now.
    Thanks again to everyone who took the time to reply to my questions, I really appreciate it.
    Happy New Year everyone, stay safe!

Yep, same from me.

Big thanks for the game pass bargain info and Xbox Series X alerts. Saved me a fortune and got a great console.

currently have GPU for the next 4 months - what happens if I add 12 months of gold tonight? Will it convert to an extra 12 months of GPU? Thanks

currently have GPU for the next 4 months - what happens if I add 12 months of gold tonight? Will it convert to an extra 12 months of GPU? Thanks

It will convert to 3 months of GPU.

It will convert to 3 months of GPU.

Thanks - so if I wait until it runs out in May and install it then will it convert to 12 months GPU once I purchase a month of GPU again?

Thanks - so if I wait until it runs out in May and install it then will it convert to 12 months GPU once I purchase a month of GPU again?

I let my GPU expire. Last July actually.
    Then got the 1-1 conversion with no problems yesterday.

• Advertisement

I let my GPU expire. Last July actually.
    Then got the 1-1 conversion with no problems yesterday.

Thanks mate - that’s class!

https://mobile.twitter.com/majornelson/status/1346456576098385921

PC only games mixed in here:

eFootball PES 2021 Season Update (Android and Console) – January 7
    Injustice 2 (Android, Console, and PC) – January 7
    The Little Acre (Android and Console) ID@Xbox – January 7

Neoverse (PC) ID@Xbox – January 14
    Torchlight III (Android and Console) ID@Xbox – January 14
    What Remains of Edith Finch (PC) ID@Xbox – January 14
    YIIK: A Postmodern RPG (PC) ID@Xbox – January 14

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

https://mobile.twitter.com/majornelson/status/1346456576098385921

PC only games mixed in here:

eFootball PES 2021 Season Update (Android and Console) – January 7
    Injustice 2 (Android, Console, and PC) – January 7
    The Little Acre (Android and Console) ID@Xbox – January 7

Neoverse (PC) ID@Xbox – January 14
    Torchlight III (Android and Console) ID@Xbox – January 14
    What Remains of Edith Finch (PC) ID@Xbox – January 14
    YIIK: A Postmodern RPG (PC) ID@Xbox – January 14

New to XBox, how often are games added to Gamepass roughly?

Every 2 weeks or so, same with games being removed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭madalig12

Ok so picked up my new xbox x today. Read thru a few pages so its buy cd keys codes for gold and add 1 month gpu and thats me in business?

• Advertisement

madalig12 wrote: »
    Ok so picked up my new xbox x today. Read thru a few pages so its buy cd keys codes for gold and add 1 month gpu and thats me in business?

You should get the upgrade to Ultimate for €1 if you never done it before that's if that deal is still on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭madalig12

You should get the upgrade to Ultimate for €1 if you never done it before that's if that deal is still on.

How/where does that work?

See the first post in the Xbox bargain alerts thread. Probably best to read all that thread.

Main thing is not to go over 36 months and you can toggle on/off recurring payments to get 3 free months. Also you might get 3 free months when you upgrade to ultimate for the first time. Eg, 2 X 12 and 1 X 6 from cdkeys. I went for EU codes as I didn't want to mess with VPN etc. Good luck!

I don't know if the deal is still on but you stack xbox gold as usual but instead of buying one month ultimate you just upgrade for €1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 706 ✭✭✭ray o

Sorry lads I'm new to this. I have a new Series X on the way for the young lad so looking at getting the game pass sorted. I've read through the threads about getting the 36 months Ultimate.

Is this the correct Gold pass to buy?

https://www.cdkeys.com/12-month-xbox-live-gold-membership-xbox-one-360-eu-cd-key

Or this one?

https://www.cdkeys.com/12-month-xbox-live-gold-membership-xbox-one-360

TIA

ray o wrote: »
    Sorry lads I'm new to this. I have a new Series X on the way for the young lad so looking at getting the game pass sorted. I've read through the threads about getting the 36 months Ultimate.

Is this the correct Gold pass to buy?

https://www.cdkeys.com/12-month-xbox-live-gold-membership-xbox-one-360-eu-cd-key

Or this one?

https://www.cdkeys.com/12-month-xbox-live-gold-membership-xbox-one-360

TIA

Both of those should work.

CD keys have a deal on 6 month codes today, €22.59

https://www.cdkeys.com/xbox-live/memberships/6-month-xbox-live-gold-membership-xbox-one-360

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,357 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Enjoyed Torchlight. Fine little dungeon crawler. Looking forward to the sequel. Will while away a few hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Both of those should work.

CD keys have a deal on 6 month codes today, €22.59

https://www.cdkeys.com/xbox-live/memberships/6-month-xbox-live-gold-membership-xbox-one-360

Used this for my nephew yesterday. Surprisingly, when I renewed the 6 month code, it gave me 1 month free for enabling recurring billing. I was sure this was only for 12 month codes but it worked.
    So I got the full 36 months (1 euro for 3 months of game pass) for about €110 without 'taking a trip'.

d31b0y wrote: »
    Used this for my nephew yesterday. Surprisingly, when I renewed the 6 month code, it gave me 1 month free for enabling recurring billing. I was sure this was only for 12 month codes but it worked.
    So I got the full 36 months (1 euro for 3 months of game pass) for about €110 without 'taking a trip'.

Thats why I've been stating that getting 2 x 12 month and 1 x 6 month codes is the way to go. Even without the current 3 month for €1 deal it leaves you with 35 months when toggling auto renew.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,517 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Follow @XboxGamePass on twitter for the info :)
    Tends to be weekly from my experience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

My gold subscription is up at the end of Jan.

Should i upgrade it to Game Pass?
    The games that are given 'free' now are rubbish, so im wondering should i upgrade it to game pass, or not bother at all ?

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

greenspurs wrote: »

The games that are given 'free' now are rubbish, so im wondering should i upgrade it to game pass, or not bother at all ?

Top up your gold so you're just under the 36 month limit and convert it to Game Pass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Yeah as expected Games with Gold have gone to pot.

It's cost me £8 on top of what standard gold would have cost and I'm covered for the next 2.5 years. There's a heap of games for "free" and now EA are bundled in too. If you're going to buy Gold anyway, it's a no brainer imo

Top up your gold so you're just under the 36 month limit and convert it to Game Pass.
    theteal wrote: »
    Yeah as expected Games with Gold have gone to pot.

It's cost me £8 on top of what standard gold would have cost and I'm covered for the next 2.5 years. There's a heap of games for "free" and now EA are bundled in too. If you're going to buy Gold anyway, it's a no brainer imo

Sorry - bit lost ? :confused::D

So buy 3 years gold = €60 x 3 = €180.

And convert that to Gamepass ?

Sorry - bit lost ? :confused::D

So buy 3 years gold = €60 x 3 = €180.

And convert that to Gamepass ?

Buy 30 months of Gold, costs about €110 on CD Keys.

Turn auto renew off, enter first code, turn on auto renew for a free month.

Repeat for next 2 codes. This should give you 33 months of Gold.

Buy the 3 months of GPU for €1 offer if you haven't used it, if you have turn off auto renew buy 1 month GPU and turn on auto renew again when prompted.

You now have 3 years of GPU.

Buy 30 months of Game Pass, costs about €110 on CD Keys.

Buy the 3 months of GPU for €1 offer if you haven't used it, if you have turn off auto renew buy 1 month GPU and turn on auto renew again when promted.

WOW! :eek:
    i will try that. Cheers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭s8n

Buy the 3 months of GPU for €1 offer if you haven't used it, if you have turn off auto renew buy 1 month GPU and turn on auto renew again when prompted.

Awesome

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭sioda

Fantastic guide for people.

MODS can this be stickied on the main page so we can have this thread go back to games rather than buying GPU.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

sioda wrote: »

MODS can this be stickied on the main page so we can have this thread go back to games rather than buying GPU.

We need two threads.....one for games of Game Pass and one for Game Pass subscriptions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,357 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

sioda wrote: »

Please Please Pretty Please

Advertisement