Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox Game Pass

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

We're on it, will be done later today.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

CatInABox wrote: »
    We're on it, will be done later today.

This is now done, please let me know if I need to add anything else into the post.

Thanks to everyone for the advice on this, sniper_samurai being the most recent to put it into a post.

If anyone asks for advice on Game Pass now, please direct them to that post. I don't want to make it a hard and fast rule that people can't ask about it on here, as a lot of posters won't know to look in the stickys. I think one version of boards also hides the stickys in a dropdown, so please bear this in mind with future posters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Brian201888

Any chance you can leave it unlocked so they can ask questions there too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

I’d agree with Brian on this. If it stays locked, all questions will just end up in this thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,622 ✭✭✭Treppen

Also if someone could put a link in the start of the gamepass game thread for the subs then if someone moseys in later we could just copy and paste the link to their offending post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,208 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

Hi folks. Sorry if the answer to this has already been posted. My two kids play Xbox, I have an adult account and they have child accounts to manage time limits etc. They have Game Pass Ultimate

We recently got a second console that I am going set up in a separate room. Can GPU be shared across consoles if they are in the same MS family?

I hope I explained that correctly, basically what I want to do is have two consoles, each with online access and GPU, do I require two subscriptions or can they share a parent subscription? I don’t play myself and don’t really know the ins and outs of it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Any update on Ubisoft plus coming to Gamepass? Looking at getting Valhalla soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,357 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

IMHO, not a chance. At least soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭nextgengamer

I'd imagine you might see one or two Ubisoft games appearing on Gamepass for a couple of months, and then disappear. Really, it's advertising :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Rumours suggest late this year which makes sense, probably plenty of subs coming in at the moment with the new consoles still selling out and the recent addition of EA. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see a mild price jump at that point either, maybe up to €15 or €16 a month. It will most likely be all legacy titles though, that said Valhalla would probably be considered old enough to add at that point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 116 ✭✭mamaz

I know we don't want Q's about the gamepass but I do have one.

The first steps are to turn off recurring billing - at the moment my live is expired so I can't, will this affect it? Probably stupid question but I dont wanna spend 100€ only to find it doesn't work

Edit: Yes obviously it works - silly question! Just did it there cheers folks

mamaz wrote: »
    I know we don't want Q's about the gamepass but I do have one.

No worries mamaz, mostly my own fault, I never got around to reopening the other thread.

Glad it worked out for you, and enjoy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 116 ✭✭mamaz

Cheers mate - ordered a Series S last night so should be a nice upgrade from the Xbone.

Anyone play Call of the Sea? Just finished it, very enjoyable although I'll admit i did have some frustrating parts where I had to rely on Google to get past. It's no AAA but as far as entertaining video games go it beats many AAA's if you ask me. This is what I love about Game Pass. Never in a million years would I have bought this game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Anyone play Call of the Sea? Just finished it, very enjoyable although I'll admit i did have some frustrating parts where I had to rely on Google to get past. It's no AAA but as far as entertaining video games go it beats many AAA's if you ask me. This is what I love about Game Pass. Never in a million years would I have bought this game.

I'm about 600 points shy of the 10k challenge and that's next on the list as I've read it can be done in less than 2 hours. All the better if it's actually enjoyable :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭nextgengamer

Playing Control on S X and GamePass. Plays really well and super smooth. Was getting lost and then it all started clicking. Spooky as hell, had to turn down the sound. Really good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Looking forward to Desperados 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Anyone else having trouble with this on PC.....Have 3 games installed on the game pass and 2 off them will not launch (Minecraft and MSFS2020). Just get a white screen saying to DL the service and it says I already have it....Forza 7 will work for some reason.

Really strange one this..any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,192 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Anyone else having trouble with this on PC.....Have 3 games installed on the game pass and 2 off them will not launch (Minecraft and MSFS2020). Just get a white screen saying to DL the service and it says I already have it....Forza 7 will work for some reason.

Really strange one this..any ideas?

Try disabling your firewall and try again - if you're on Windows 10 the windows firewall is on by default, and it was causing similar issues for me a while back

Just don't forget to turn it on when you're not playing a game

Hope that helps

• Advertisement

Seems the price of Gold is increasing in some territories.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2021/01/22/update-on-xbox-live-gold-pricing/

Price is doubling in the US, which makes Gold extremely bad value with GPU costing only $4 more per month.

This could see the end of the cheap upgrade deals for GPU.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Smart move to push people towards GPU. That's about it though, so it's an interesting play by MS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Yikes, this isn't going down well at all

maximoose wrote: »
    Yikes, this isn't going down well at all

Unsurprisingly. Double the price of the competing platform for multiplayer, compounded that Gold is even required for F2P games unlike other platforms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,322 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

ShaneU wrote: »
    Looking forward to Desperados 3
    I have played it for a couple of hours it is a lot of fun!

Unsurprisingly. Double the price of the competing platform for multiplayer, compounded that Gold is even required for F2P games unlike other platforms.

Xbox have quickly reversed the decision, as well as allowing free-to-play games without a gold sub. Fair play.

IGN: Microsoft Not Changing Xbox Live Gold Pricing, Free-to-Play Games Unlocked.
    https://www.ign.com/articles/microsoft-not-changing-xbox-live-gold-pricing-free-to-play-games-unlocked

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭laneooo

Not sure if this is an offer but seems like a good offer so thought I'd share...

I get 2x14 day trial Ultimate usually from ebay as it's only 5ish a month that way and can use when needed as I don't always play but this time after I added one code I went to my subscriptions (on website) and there was an offer for 12 months Ultimate for 59.99 which is 62% off...anyway there ya go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭00sully

laneooo wrote: »
    Not sure if this is an offer but seems like a good offer so thought I'd share...

I get 2x14 day trial Ultimate usually from ebay as it's only 5ish a month that way and can use when needed as I don't always play but this time after I added one code I went to my subscriptions (on website) and there was an offer for 12 months Ultimate for 59.99 which is 62% off...anyway there ya go

The offer was on an ebay seller site or MS?

Also, does anyone know if the sticky still stands to get ~3 years of game pass? I don't have an xbox yet but want to get GPU now if this workaround is still available. The MS site says that 24 months of gold = 8 months of GPU yet the stick says otherwise? I have an old account not used since 2013.

Thanks in advance :o

00sully wrote: »
    The offer was on an ebay seller site or MS?

Also, does anyone know if the sticky still stands to get ~3 years of game pass? I don't have an xbox yet but want to get GPU now if this workaround is still available. The MS site says that 24 months of gold = 8 months of GPU yet the stick says otherwise? I have an old account not used since 2013.

Thanks in advance :o

It does still stand. That conversion is only valid if you have a current GPU subscription.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Sean Seoighe

Finished What Remains of Edith Finch recently and thought it was absolutely amazing. I've not really gamed in a few years and would've mostly played sports or FPS games but I thought it was original and really special. Only about 3 hours to playthrough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

The Joycer wrote: »
    Finished What Remains of Edith Finch recently and thought it was absolutely amazing. I've not really gamed in a few years and would've mostly played sports or FPS games but I thought it was original and really special. Only about 3 hours to playthrough

Yup, played it last week. Really good and short (I was harvesting achievements). The mrs was watching and got really upset at the bit you can probably guess, walked out of the room giving out to me for such a level existing :confused:

theteal wrote: »
    Yup, played it last week. Really good and short (I was harvesting achievements). The mrs was watching and got really upset at the bit you can probably guess, walked out of the room giving out to me for such a level existing :confused:

Oh yeah think I know the scene you mean. Found the game really incredible though, think it's a must for all

theteal wrote: »

Ah man. I'm close to finishing this i think and haven't had any achievements, thought maybe it didn't have any but since you said that I've looked them up and I've been missing them all.

Ah well, its a great game really enjoying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭DepecheHead101

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/xbox-game-pass-games-list-this-month-price-6400

Final Fantasy XII going up next week. Get in. Remember hating it back on the PS2 when I was still stuck in needing them all to play like VII-IX but I'm ready to sink some lockdown hours into it now and appreciate it more.
    What games are coming to Xbox Game Pass on consoles in February?
    Here is the confirmed list of Xbox Game Pass games coming to consoles in February:

Project Winter (added February 4th, 2021)
    The Falconeer (added February 4th, 2021)
    Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age (added February 11th, 2021)
    Jurassic World Evolution (added February 11th, 2021)
    Stealth Inc. 2: A Game of Clones (added February 11th, 2021)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 194 ✭✭DM_2092

Someone shoot me a good story driven game there that's suitable for single player.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭djan

DM_2092 wrote: »
    Someone shoot me a good story driven game there that's suitable for single player.

Enjoying Kona at the moment. Quite a slow paced first person explorative detective game with an often eerie atmosphere but no scares etc. Set in 70's in Canadian winter countryside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 194 ✭✭DM_2092

djan wrote: »
    Enjoying Kona at the moment. Quite a slow paced first person explorative detective game with an often eerie atmosphere but no scares etc. Set in 70's in Canadian winter countryside.

I like the sound of that. I'll download it. Cheers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Playing Hellblade at the moment and enjoying it a lot. Best played with headphones. Supposed to be 8-10 hours which for me is ideal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

Control is quite the story, nothing like it, decent action/abilities too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭YoshiSays

pm1977x wrote: »
    Control is quite the story, nothing like it, decent action/abilities too.

Yeah, great game for free. But thinking it's best on series SX. Just completed it and posted on gaming general with my thoughts.

Now, time to pick my next game pass game. Not looking for a dark dystopian game, horror game or first person shooter. Also something less than 20 hours ...

Suggestions !?

• Advertisement

YoshiSays wrote: »
    Yeah, great game for free. But thinking it's best on series SX. Just completed it and posted on gaming general with my thoughts.

Now, time to pick my next game pass game. Not looking for a dark dystopian game, horror game or first person shooter. Also something less than 20 hours ...

Suggestions !?

Edith Finch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,357 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/xbox-game-pass-games-list-this-month-price-6400

Final Fantasy XII going up next week. Get in. Remember hating it back on the PS2 when I was still stuck in needing them all to play like VII-IX but I'm ready to sink some lockdown hours into it now and appreciate it more.

I recently played through on PS4. Loved it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Andy-Pandy

I've been playing Alan Wake. Just hitting the last chapter now. It's really very very good and looks amazing for a 360game. The upscaling and whatever else the series X does has it looking and playing super smooth on my c9. It's been very enjoyable, if not the most enjoyable game I've played on it so far this lockdown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Also looking for suggestions for what to play next on Game Pass. Since I got the Series X at the beginning of January, I've completed Gears 5 campaign, Ori and the Will of the Wisps, Call of the Sea and I've recently started Tell Me Why which is a bit slow-paced but enjoying the storyline.

As you can probably tell I'm pretty much open to all types of games. Hollow Knight is also downloaded as it came recommended in the Ori category. I'm also dipping in and out of Forza Horizon 4 and FIFA 21 (although the game has changed a huge amount since I last played FIFA religiously).

On a side note, a big thank you to the folks on the supply thread, I managed to pick up a Series X from Smyths in mid January after a few years of falling out from playing video games regularly. Also picked up that LG Nanocell TV from Littlewoods which is 4K @ 120HZ - loving it so far so thanks to the person who suggested it on the TV thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Playing through Hellblade myself and enjoying it. Probably crack into Jedi Fallen Order then. Plenty of options for single player games anyway

Tried Doom Eternal, but it's too fast for a game controller. Also, never really a Doom fan. Still, it's nice to dip in and out with instant resume. Glad I didnt pay full price for it. I've dropped down to "easy" mode to start getting my bearings.

Think I'll keep one FPS on the go. So, Titanfall 2, latest Gears or ... which is the best Halo for someone who's not a FPS fan. I see Destiny 2 on there ...

Ok. If you were to pick the best Game pass single player FPS ... Which is it ? Maybe I should just wait for the next Halo or play Mass Effect 2 !

Tried Doom Eternal, but it's too fast for a game controller. Also, never really a Doom fan. Still, it's nice to dip in and out with instant resume. Glad I didnt pay full price for it. I've dropped down to "easy" mode to start getting my bearings.

Think I'll keep one FPS on the go. So, Titanfall 2, latest Gears or ... which is the best Halo for someone who's not a FPS fan. I see Destiny 2 on there ...

Ok. If you were to pick the best Game pass single player FPS ... Which is it ? Maybe I should just wait for the next Halo or play Mass Effect 2 !

TitanFall 2 is an amazing game, well worth playing, and not too long either.

Gears 5 is also very good, one of the best looking and sounding games as well.

The Halo games, I think go through them chronologically to be honest. As ridiculous as the storyline is, I think you do miss something without the lore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭quad_red

Has anyone with Control basic on Gamepass splunked up the 30 quid for the Ultimate version with next gen upgrades?

I’ve only played around an hour of it but I really like it. So losing all my game saves and starting again on the next gen version wouldn’t be that painful.

But paying €30 for a higher spec version of a game I can play for free kinda stings. Especially when ultimate is the bloody free game of PS this month.

But the graphics upgrades in Ultimate look really tangible in the digital foundry vids.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭skerry

Titanfall 2 campaign is amazing. One of the best FPS campaigns I've ever played

Cool, Titanfall 2 it is. On instant resume! Brilliant feature.

• Advertisement
Advertisement