Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Game Pass

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭gmg678

dor83 wrote: »
    Games being added next month:
    June 1st
    Disneyland Adventures
    Mega Man Legacy Collection 2
    MotoGP 17
    The Technomancer
    Wasteland 2: Director's Cut
    Other date
    Next Up Hero(will be added on release date).

Xbox Wire also says at the end of the paragraph listing the games
    And be sure to keep an eye out for more awesome game announcements coming soon.
    So there might be something else around E3 maybe?
    I would say that there will be something around E3. They have removed 25 games this month and to only add 6 has people annoyed. So I would say that they would announce something

• Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭dor83

gmg678 wrote: »
    I would say that there will be something around E3. They have removed 25 games this month and to only add 6 has people annoyed. So I would say that they would announce something

The majority of what they are removing seem to be 360 games so maybe they are planning something big for back compat with game pass.

I'm sure everyone has seen the news but just to post it here.

3 new games added
    Fallout 4
    The Division
    The Elder Scrolls online: Tamriel unlimited

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I'm sure everyone has seen the news but just to post it here.

3 new games added
    Fallout 4
    The Division
    The Elder Scrolls online: Tamriel unlimited

And just to add, these will all be added immediately on release date, whenever that may be:

Halo Infinite
    Crackdown 3
    Sea of Thieves DLC
    Forza Horizon 4
    Afterparty
    Warhammer Vermintide II
    Bomber Crew
    Ashen
    Battletoads
    Gears of War 5

With Halo:MCC coming soon.

Game pass is coming across as ludicrously good value!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Game pass is coming across as ludicrously good value!

Yeah, I wasn't convinced when it first came out, thought that it would be great as a catch up service, but not for me.

Now? I jumped on the 6 month deal on Amazon.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I presume I can just sit on the half price code from smyths until next year when the games start coming out? There's no expiry date or anything is there?

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭tipperaryboy

Anywhere cheaper than smyths for game pass? I wonder would now be a good time to buy save for few months time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Anywhere cheaper than smyths for game pass? I wonder would now be a good time to buy save for few months time

Seriously? €30 in Smyths for 6 months is amazing value. You could wait for another offer with amazon and save a couple of euro at most or watch it all go up in price as the demand increases after E3.

It stacks so buy it away :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

No, that's as cheap as it gets anywhere.

when does that smyths sale end?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

End of the week afaik.

End of the week afaik.
    ah grand I was going to hold off getting the 6mth. but just did it there. keep me going till end of year!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

ah grand I was going to hold off getting the 6mth. but just did it there. keep me going till end of year!

Good decision. It cant ever be that much cheaper. I bought enough a few more as ill end up wanting them the second the offer expires :(

Beans on toast for lunch and 4k gaming for tea :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭lynchtp

Its £23.99/€27.28 on amazon at the moment http://amzn.eu/aDjD4OK

• Registered Users Posts: 17,541 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Anyone know if I buy 2 6 months and putbthem both in will they just extend it to a year or will I need to wait until the first one is up. Usually use recurring payments for Live and EA access so never bought codes for passes

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭jimbob_jones

astradave wrote: »
    Anyone know if I buy 2 6 months and putbthem both in will they just extend it to a year or will I need to wait until the first one is up. Usually use recurring payments for Live and EA access so never bought codes for passes

Yeah they stack, I bought a 6 month pass a couple of weeks ago and then I got the Gamepass deal from Amazon the other day

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭creativedrinker

lynchtp wrote: »
    Its £23.99/€27.28 on amazon at the moment http://amzn.eu/aDjD4OK

Do they email a code or post it out? It won’t post to ireland so might use a friends address if they email it

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Do they email a code or post it out? It won’t post to ireland so might use a friends address if they email it

It just pops up on the screen, and is stored on your amazon account somewhere too.

Anyone play Halo Wars? Looking for a play anywhere game, something mainly PC'ish keyboard+mouse but ability to play on the xbox now and then..this fits the part but should I play HW1 or just skip to HW2?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Anyone play Halo Wars? Looking for a play anywhere game, something mainly PC'ish keyboard+mouse but ability to play on the xbox now and then..this fits the part but should I play HW1 or just skip to HW2?

I have both, love a good RTS. I would jump to HW2 because it looks and plays very well and it is now in 4K and HDR. That being said the story in HW1 is better I think.

If you plan to play competitively then there is a steep enough learning curve but it can be great. I played quite a bit of 3v3 ranked.

• Advertisement

ZiabR wrote: »
    I have both, love a good RTS. I would jump to HW2 because it looks and plays very well and it is now in 4K and HDR. That being said the story in HW1 is better I think.

If you plan to play competitively then there is a steep enough learning curve but it can be great. I played quite a bit of 3v3 ranked.

I really enjoyed playing through both, but HW1 is fugly in parts, even though it's been updated.

Thanks, I'll skip straight to HW2, time is short :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Does anyone remember Driver, San Fran for 360 being on game pass?
    I have it installed on my machine, but when I go to play it, it seems that I don't own it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Does anyone remember Driver, San Fran for 360 being on game pass?
    I have it installed on my machine, but when I go to play it, it seems that I don't own it. :D

Not sure, Rocket League has now been added though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Great game, have it already though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭amber2

Bought a digital Code for rocket league from CDKeys have installed it but when kids go to launch game it’s saying they need Xbox Game Pass, they have Xbox Live but not game pass do they need this to play rocket league please..... thanks.

Bought a digital Code for rocket league from CDKeys have installed it but when kids go to launch game it’s saying they need Xbox Game Pass, they have Xbox Live but not game pass do they need this to play rocket league please..... thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

amber2 wrote: »

No, you own it outright. Have you redeemed the code on the relevant amount rather then just purchased it?

No, you own it outright. Have you redeemed the code on the relevant amount rather then just purchased it?

https://www.cdkeys.com/xbox-live/games/rocket-league-xbox-one?utm_currency=EUR&gclid=EAIaIQobChMInszF1NuW3AIVrL_tCh1jWQK4EAQYAiABEgKwb_D_BwE

Thanks a mill for the reply Eagerbeaver, I haven’t a notion, above is what I bought and boys input the code & installed but it doesn’t appear to work.

Edit : thanks everyone for the replies I appreciate the help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

amber2 wrote: »
    https://www.cdkeys.com/xbox-live/games/rocket-league-xbox-one?utm_currency=EUR&gclid=EAIaIQobChMInszF1NuW3AIVrL_tCh1jWQK4EAQYAiABEgKwb_D_BwE

Thanks a mill for the reply Eagerbeaver, I haven’t a notion, above is what I bought and boys input the code & installed but
    It doesn’t appear to work.

If you go through the Xbox, or Xbox/Microsoft website to "redeem a code" it should work and you'll have access to the game. If that doesn't work, there's a problem with the code and you should go back to cdkeys.

Advertisement