Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox Game Pass

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Spintires is great craic, very relaxing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

CatInABox wrote: »
    Spintires is great craic, very relaxing.

I always wanted to try it. Now I can. :) it is out already?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

I always wanted to try it. Now I can. :) it is out already?

Hits game pass on the 13th, according to Fuzzy Logics post. I bought it a few weeks back, played it a few times to see how it was, and then got sucked into bigger games. Now it's free on game pass. Ah well.

I should note, the game itself is grand, but the menu system is like something you'd get from a programming tutorial. Basic, at best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

Never heard of Spintires before but after watching some youtube clips of it I'm definitely intrigued. Might even pull me away from Rocket League and Pubg for a bit......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Ashen - I wanted to fûck the xbox out the window initially, but I stuck with it and progressed a bit further, realised that dying is going to happen a lot and it's not the end of the world... I'm kinda loving it now!
    Although this dungeon quest to find Amiren is testing me again.

Had a blast at Mutant Year Zero too, really fun but serious crashing issues with this one.

Gamepass is killing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

maximoose wrote: »
    Ashen - I wanted to fûck the xbox out the window initially, but I stuck with it and progressed a bit further, realised that dying is going to happen a lot and it's not the end of the world... I'm kinda loving it now!
    Although this dungeon quest to find Amiren is testing me again.

Had a blast at Mutant Year Zero too, really fun but serious crashing issues with this one.

Gamepass is killing it.

Ashen is very Dark Souls like. It is punishing, but that is how the game is supposed to be. I think it is a little more lenient than Dark Souls, but there are still moments of rage when you get killed for a stupid mistake or because you did one attack to many. I love the fact that it is Coop though. very cool addition and makes the game alot easier.

Mutant Year Zero is very good alright. Playing it on Hard which is the XCOM way. I think Normal would be a little too easy. It hasn't crashed for me though? But then again, I am not that far into it. What seems to cause the crash? Start of a battle or general walking around?

ZiabR wrote: »
    Ashen is very Dark Souls like. It is punishing, but that is how the game is supposed to be. I think it is a little more lenient than Dark Souls, but there are still moments of rage when you get killed for a stupid mistake or because you did one attack to many. I love the fact that it is Coop though. very cool addition and makes the game alot easier.

Mutant Year Zero is very good alright. Playing it on Hard which is the XCOM way. I think Normal would be a little too easy. It hasn't crashed for me though? But then again, I am not that far into it. What seems to cause the crash? Start of a battle or general walking around?

Mutant year zero is very good, but god, it gets very hard on hard difficulty. Taking out enemies in stealth becomes pretty much impossible later on as hp bars bloat like hell and get armour on top.

As for crashing, yes. It does happen. Started later on for me too. I am sure they will patch it.

What seems to cause the crash? Start of a battle or general walking around?

General walking around and specifically fast travel is an issue for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

12 months game pass for about €53 not bad at all https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07K7CFTQC?ref_=pe_2220451_75177241

General walking around and specifically fast travel is an issue for me

I will try later and let you know. Very odd.

Also, Ashen Coop MP is broken. There is no way to invite a friend to your instance. It is by pure chance you end up in the same instance. Such a shame.

• Advertisement

12 months game pass for about €53 not bad at all https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07K7CFTQC?ref_=pe_2220451_75177241

Yeah, going to pick one of these up. Game Pass is just to good not to have. Current membership not out until April 19 but no harm adding another 12 months given the amount of games coming in 19.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

Have you guys been playing ashen?

Is it nearly as good as the souls games?

Asus X540L wrote: »
    Have you guys been playing ashen?

Is it nearly as good as the souls games?

Yes, playing through it at the moment. I am liking it. It is Souls like but not Souls. The fighting is punishing and you will get slaughtered if you make a mistake but the game itself is a little more death friendly if that makes sense. The coop is a super idea but right now its hit and miss. It can be very difficult to invite a friend to your instance.

The game mechanics are almost identical to Souls, instead of Souls you have Scoria, instead of the Estus Flask you have the Crimson Gourd. Items can be upgraded the same way to +1, +2 etc.

I would give the game a 7/10, it runs very smoothly and looks good. Give it a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭xPixelx

My Current Experience of Ashen is that its enjoyable but very frustrating and not because of game play but the way that multiplayer work's I'm only at the first boss granted but people random join your session and just run off and around never focused die and leave.... you can turn off allowing people to join and although the bot is helpful for grinding hp items and killing normal mobs but gets stuck a lot in the map, When it comes to the boss the bot is not helpful one bit, and randomers don't follow and leave once death and are never prepared.

So I feel multiplayer option is a double edge sword its a great idea if it worked and you got good players sure, but being on game pass you have random snowflakes join run off and die and leave session.

If you have a friend to play with it may be very enjoyable

How do you tell if it's an AI or real companion?

Not sure I've had any real players join me yet

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭xPixelx

The AI sticks close by maybe like 5 steps away a random that join's is very obvious and fluid moving I can't actually remember if you see a nametag.

Scoria lost... alot of Scoria lost.

Any tips on combat? Is it just slash roll slash roll? I'm assuming the combat evolves but where I am at the start it's quite frustrating. Character seems to freeze alot, it's as if there is an intentional delay so that once the enemy initiates a strike it's already too late to get out I
    of the way.

Okay, I am still in love with Mutant year zero. I finally learned a few tricks and mechanics and its so much easier now. Playing right away on hard mode was a bad decision, but now I am stickingto it hehe. Normal mode sounded way too easy...

Ashen... I dont know, for some reason I am just not connecting with it. I am not saying its a bad game. No. Its just it feels to me like a budget version of Dark souls. I know I am wrong, game has a lot to have its own identity, but it just does not click with me. And to make it worse its one of those games that uses odd numbers for achievements!!! It does my head in!
    When I have spent more time with Mutant I will get back to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Im looking forward to trying Pro Evo tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 322 ✭✭Chieftain

Anyone know if Kingdom Two Crowns has arrived on Game Pass yet? Was due to be there yesterday but no sign of it. Sad I know, but I loved Kingdom New Lands so looking forward to the new one

Chieftain wrote: »
    Anyone know if Kingdom Two Crowns has arrived on Game Pass yet? Was due to be there yesterday but no sign of it. Sad I know, but I loved Kingdom New Lands so looking forward to the new one

Yes, it is available on my games pass app. Download the app from the playstore and login via your xbox account. You can select to download it from there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 322 ✭✭Chieftain

Yes, it is available on my games pass app. Download the app from the playstore and login via your xbox account. You can select to download it from there.

Nice one, I did check yesterday alright but it hadn't appeared yet. Thanks for that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 464 ✭✭gmg678

in Ashen how do you use your shield? I just started playing and picked one up.

gmg678 wrote: »
    in Ashen how do you use your shield? I just started playing and picked one up.

Left trigger

• Advertisement

Im looking forward to trying Pro Evo tomorrow
    Fantastic addition. Game Pass is really killing it now.

Left trigger

Its actually Left Bumper to use the shield as a defensive item and Left Trigger to use it as an attacking item.

You hold Left Bumper while in combat to absorb damage.

Its actually Left Bumper to use the shield as a defensive item and Left Trigger to use it as an attacking item.

You hold Left Bumper while in combat to absorb damage.
    Might explain why I die alot :-D

Might explain why I die alot :-D

Just remember while the shield is up your stamina regen is massively reduced. You need to drop the shield regen your stamina and then put the shield back up again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭trixiebust

I got a month's sub for a €1 a while back, which expired a few days ago. Last night I was able to sign up for another month for €1 again for some reason!

• Advertisement

Below is out on game pass.
    Downloaded that and Spintyres off road game. Now just to find time for them.

And find time to finish Mutant Year zero!

Below is out on game pass.
    Downloaded that and Spintyres off road game. Now just to find time for them.

And find time to finish Mutant Year zero!
    Busy time. I pre ordered Red Dead 2 and have barely played it. Much prefer the indie titles coming out on game pass.

Hellblade got added. Well worth a look.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭ablelocks

3 month game pass is on Amazon today for £15.99

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,425 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

ablelocks wrote: »

It's still 47.99 for a full year on there.

Hellblade got added. Well worth a look.

Its a fantastic game, really fantastic. I bought it when it released and 100% completed it. Well worth playing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭ablelocks

ablelocks wrote: »

and €17.99 in smyths

(I assumed the 12 month offer was over - thanks Mickeroo)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

from Game Pass on Twitter

Must be good if they also just go "BTW, Ori and the Blind Forest is also available today."

Nice, Tomb Raider or Middle Earth? Hmm.

Ffs, stop! I am dead serious now. I have 4 new games downloaded right now and barely any time.
    Got back to work after my foot injury and being flat out ridden at work. Fortunately I am off 24-26 and will be able to play something more. And finally, finally use my elite controller!

• Advertisement

I'd say middle earth - from whence it came!
    Must be good if they also just go "BTW, Ori and the Blind Forest is also available today.

For a split second I thought it was the Ori sequel, damn it.

Cant find any updates this morning. Anyone have anything this morning on what the game is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Cant find any updates this morning. Anyone have anything this morning on what the game is?
    Looks like it could be the original Life is Strange - the full season is available on Game Pass now.

Great game if you haven't played it yet. Completely thought it wasn't going to be my cup of tea, but got totally hooked - went out and bought Before the Storm instantly after finishing it and will get Life is Strange 2 (when the season is complete - I can't be waiting from episode to episode!)

Looks like it could be the original Life is Strange - the full season is available on Game Pass now.

Great game if you haven't played it yet. Completely thought it wasn't going to be my cup of tea, but got totally hooked - went out and bought Before the Storm instantly after finishing it and will get Life is Strange 2 (when the season is complete - I can't be waiting from episode to episode!)

Hmm ok, I already have 100% on Life is Strange. Was a good game, very Telltale like. Surprised there hasn't been more on Twitter about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Life is Strange confirmed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

I'd say middle earth - from whence it came!

For a split second I thought it was the Ori sequel, damn it.

Ori and The Will of the Wisps is in the 'coming soon' section of an ad I was sent for Game Pass, can't find a date online for the actual proper release apart from '2019' though.

https://twitter.com/XboxWire/status/1080472518446612482

Life is Strange Complete Season (Episodes 1-5) (December 20)
    Life is Strange: Before the Storm (Episodes 1-3) (December 27)
    Life is Strange 2: Part 1 (January 3)
    Ark: Survival Evolved (January 3)
    Farming Simulator 17 (January 3)
    Absolver (January 7)
    Just Cause 3 (January 10)
    Aftercharge (January 10)

Absolver looks interesting. I'm finding I get a lot more longevity out of indie games these days. It's got to be the best thing about Game Pass that you get exposure to games you never would have played otherwise.

Absolver looks interesting. I'm finding I get a lot more longevity out of indie games these days. It's got to be the best thing about Game Pass that you get exposure to games you never would have played otherwise.

Agreed, the indie games are amazing at the moment. I am looking forward to giving Absolver a try.

• Advertisement

Is Absolver the one that was on PS plus a few months ago? I liked the idea of it but in practice I didn't find it too great. The game was essentially a loop if I recall I got to the end twice and gave up. Really saw little point to going again just to learn more moves and wasn't keen on the PvP elements.

Though I came away feeling I missed the point of it somewhere? Probably with avoiding the PvP.

Advertisement