Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

yo dave trigger kit for cz 455 .17 HMR

Options
  • 28-02-2017 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

i am thinking abut buying a Yo Dave kit for my cz .17 HMR and i have been trying to look into them online but i cant get decent information or proper opinions. does anybody have them installed ? do they make much of a difference ?
    any help is greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 valprc

Have one in my 455 , great upgrade for small money.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

You get a few springs and shims. You can chop and change them until you find the right combo to give the desired trigger pull weight. Taking apart the trigger is fiddly, but easy enough. You'll need a fine punch, small hammer (possibly), and then take the stock off the action. There are tons of videos on Youtube like this one that show how easy it is. Don't mind the technique just focus on the steps.

Good upgrade for little money.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭ronn

What difference does it make ??
    Do you shoot targets or foxes/rabbits ??

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭chris cuddihy

Thanks !!

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭eoin.d

They do make a big difference for a cheap upgrade. I think patrick carley had them for about 25 euro

• Advertisement

Yeah that's who I am gonna get it off just wanted to be sure was it worth it or was it a gimmick but the over all opinion is it's well worth it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭eoin.d

Makes trigger alot better for my 455 anyway

I'll give it a shot and see

eoin.d wrote: »
    They do make a big difference for a cheap upgrade. I think patrick carley had them for about 25 euro

How much would it cost to be fitted by a rfd,???

ronn wrote: »
    What difference does it make ??
    Do you shoot targets or foxes/rabbits ??
    Not sure who you were asking that off but i'll throw in my tuppence worth.

It reduces the pull weight of the trigger. My last CZ came from the factory with a nearly 5 lb pull. I kept on swapping the springs and shims until i got it to approx. 1.25lb.

Now on a few combos i had slam fires so they don't work. Some made so little a difference it was like the original trigger.

You have to keep changing the bits until you find one that is safe and works.

As for the difference when shooting you have a safe gun, but it doesn't mentally or physically effect the trigger pull to the extent to are concentrating on it rather than the shot placement. With a lighter trigger you have less chance of pulling the shot, so better accuracy and for hunting a higher hit rate.
    ronn wrote: »
    How much would it cost to be fitted by a rfd,???
    TBH you really don't need and RFD. It truly is a home job.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

• Advertisement

TBH you really don't need and RFD. It truly is a home job.[/quote]

I watched the video of that lad hammering the b jeepers out of the rifle, with the scope still on it and resting on its slip, too technical for me I'm afraid,
    I leave things like that to the experts,
    I'd rather pay to get it done at least then I'd know it's done right and if there was a problem I can bring it back,
    Thanks for the info gang,

In fairness you're not wrong. I chose the first video on the list, and have only looked back at it now. It's a bit rough alright.

There are other videos but with them being 45 minutes long i didn't want you think it was brain surgery.

The reason i said to do it yourself is only you can know if it is right for you. An RFD might do it for you, but he'll put in whatever he wants which may not suit. So that means you have to either stand there while he tries various options or keep going back to "perfect" the combo that suits.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭skipking

if you could get someone who has done one before he could help you out, i got one for my 455 and it really did make a
    difference. no problem changing as i only had to change the spring i dont know how much of a pull i have but it is very
    very light but passes the bump test.

Advertisement