Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fine lines under eyes

Options
  • 28-02-2017 5:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

Ive started getting deep fine lines under my eyes, my right eye in particular, im only 28 and feel its too early for me start getting lines, I swear they popped up out of nowhere.

I have an ok skin care regime, my skin is dry/dehydrated and I use allot of coconut and avocado oil to moisturise my skin. When I use an oil or something hydrating I do notice the lines reduce but theyre still there and the effects dont last. Im really sceptical of anti wrinkle beauty products and worry they'll make my skin worse.
    Can anyone recommend a good eye cream that works?

Also has anyone tried the ordinary products? are they worth it? and what about retinols? should I start using those too?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭lubie76

The only thing that will get rid of deep lines is botox or fillers I'm afraid but if they are as a result of dehydration, a good hydrating eye cream and daily SPF should definitely help and prevent them from getting worse.

Retinols are likely to be too strong for the immediate eye area but a bit of glycolic acid like 'Alpha Gold' won't do any harm and should help the lines somewhat as long as you don't get it too close to the actual eye.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

I think hydraulic acid might be something to try, it's hydrates (water) and plumps rather then moisturises, as an oil would.

I am currently using The Ordinary 2% Hydraulic Acid and it's less then a tenner so great value, the Vichy Aquailia serum is also lovely and contains Hydraulic Acid as well as some other lovely ingredients!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

GingerLily wrote: »
    I think hydraulic acid might be something to try, it's hydrates (water) and plumps rather then moisturises, as an oil would.

I am currently using The Ordinary 2% Hydraulic Acid and it's less then a tenner so great value, the Vichy Aquailia serum is also lovely and contains Hydraulic Acid as well as some other lovely ingredients!

Do you mean Hyaluronic Acid?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

I'd recommend a separate eye cream, Clinique All About Eyes is good and it lasts ages

Do you mean Hyaluronic Acid?

Lol! Yes,oops!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Teapot30

lubie76 wrote: »
    The only thing that will get rid of deep lines is botox or fillers I'm afraid but if they are as a result of dehydration, a good hydrating eye cream and daily SPF should definitely help and prevent them from getting worse.

Retinols are likely to be too strong for the immediate eye area but a bit of glycolic acid like 'Alpha Gold' won't do any harm and should help the lines somewhat as long as you don't get it too close to the actual eye.

Thanks i think it is dehydration, my mam has aloe vera plants, i slit one open and rubbed it on the lines and they almost completely disappeared but under certain light they look particularly bad and they wearnt there a year ago.

Havnt heard of Alpha Gold, ill look into that and the eyecream too.

Thanks for your help

x

Hi GingerLily, yeah ive got the hyralonic acid from vichy, its great but I only wear it under makeup, i work from home so dont wear makeup everyday, maybe once a week. I definitely need more hydration so might start wearing it more often.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

I feel your pain op. Im 32 in the last two years the lines under my eyes have gotten very noticeable to me. I wear glasses so they look more pronounced I think.

Still trying to find a suitable product. A lot of eye creams I've tried are too potent and caused irritation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

You can put retinoids on the under eye area, the ordinary one is very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭urbanshirl

My absolute bugbear about my face. I've little or no lines anywhere apart from undereye area. When I up my water intake I definitely see an improvement, never heard of hyaluronic, gonna look into it.

• Advertisement

urbanshirl wrote: »
    My absolute bugbear about my face. I've little or no lines anywhere apart from undereye area. When I up my water intake I definitely see an improvement, never heard of hyaluronic, gonna look into it.
    The big thing about it is, you need water to be able to get to your skin for the acid to absorb it, so no oils over it and it won't do any thing in a desert!
    It always seems damp where I live so ideal product for me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Percyxoxo

HI there..can I ask where you bought the product from Ordinary?
    Thanks

There are a few places, ASOS and beauty bay stock the brand but over charge and are always out of stock.
    Victoria Health is meant to be a good source too but I purchased from their website, took 2 weeks but free shipping and cheapest prices I saw

http://theordinary.com/product/rdn-hyaluronic-acid-2pct-b5-30ml

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

There are a few places, ASOS and beauty bay stock the brand but over charge and are always out of stock.
    Victoria Health is meant to be a good source too but I purchased from their website, took 2 weeks but free shipping and cheapest prices I saw

http://theordinary.com/product/rdn-hyaluronic-acid-2pct-b5-30ml
    Just as an FYI I ordered some today off Victoria Health and it is out of stock so on pre-order so if you order don't expect to get it quickly :) free shipping, dammit I knew there should be I clicked through the pages too quickly and only saw the 3pounds shipping when I hit purchase! duhhh :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

Ah just looking at the site and its free over a certain price spent ;) I just got 2 bottles of HA :)
    Still cheaper than I spent on my trilogy rosehip oil ;)

I was in a beauty supply shop yesterday, they stock products used in salons and spa's, I picked up this pomegranate and white nettle firming facemask by Kaeso Beauty, never heard of this brand before. I just tried it out tonight and im blown away by the difference it made, my under eye lines are are almost gone and my face looks like 3 years younger, I only started getting faint lines about 3 or 4 years ago so im noticing the difference after using it. I dont know exactly how much it was, I lost the receipt and bought some other stuff too, it said in the shop 8.99 + vat so maybe 10 or 11 euro. Im really surprised how well it worked. I'll be interested to see how long the effects last but if anyone can get their hands on it id recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 AshleySawyer

Try rice water. Also have you tried using face mask instead of cream? Because for me that helps also.

Advertisement