Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tap water smells & tastes weird in D9

Options
  • 28-02-2017 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hey guys,

I'm writing here in a hope that someone else has noticed the same in the last couple of days (like two or three) that the water started to smell and taste weird - like if there was a lot more chlorine in it or something?

I've checked the Irish Water's website to see if they had anything to say about it, but found nothing! Also checked the exceedances but everything was within limits...

I live in Dublin 9, Santry area and I'm a bit concerned about the quality of the tap water, and wondering if it's safe to drink?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,770 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Moved to Dublin City from Dublin County North.

tHB

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭subpar

Creosote ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,241 ✭✭✭ongarite

See this thread:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057711233
    Fingal County Council have increased their chlorine levels temporarily over the weekend due to raised Ammonia levels in the water. Residents in the affected area will experience a metallic taste from their supply. It should be noted that the levels are still within safe parameters and the water is safe to drink. The ammonia levels have now returned to normal and the chlorine has reduced. The water taste will improve as the day progresses

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭newacc2015

If it is chlorine, if you fill a jug of water and leave it out for a few hours. The chlorine will evaporate off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Storms and bad rain always mean more chlorine.

It's a bleedin nightmare for homebrewing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 balan22

Thanks guys for the answers, it's much appreciated!

It seems to have returned to normal levels now...

Advertisement