Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Medieval Mile Museum

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭eoinfitzokk

For 29 snots, you could have a great day of walking around the town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭FrankCummins

The museum is a credit to all the people involved with it from where it was to where it is, I don't think us locals realise how lucky to be and living in such a nice city had friends over for the weekend they will be back.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

The museum is a credit to all the people involved with it from where it was to where it is, I don't think us locals realise how lucky to be and living in such a nice city had friends over for the weekend they will be back.

I don't think most people anywhere realise how beautiful they're surroundings may be. I once lived in a place called Montreux which is stunningly beautiful, I also lived in Paris but you just get used to it. I do certainly appreciate the splendour of Kilkenny more since I moved back.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,414 ✭✭✭✭road_high

I don't think most people anywhere realise how beautiful they're surroundings may be. I once lived in a place called Montreux which is stunningly beautiful, I also lived in Paris but you just get used to it. I do certainly appreciate the splendour of Kilkenny more since I moved back.

Kilkenny is ideal for tourists- my fav cities are always those I can walk around rather than the hassle of figuring out Underground's, buses etc. That's a huge plus we tend to overlook...staying here you can amble back to your hotel then with no hassle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

Visited the museum a few days ago. Fecking brilliant. The Rothe tomb is amazing, so colourful. I bet before the puritans trashed the place Kilkenny churches would have been very colourful and vivid.

It really is a fantastic addition to the city, in fact I say it really ties the whole medieval mile experience very nicely. We really have a fantastic heritage preserved in kilkenny yet you still hear gogshíte wanting their carpark back on the parade.

There are a few exhibits with recorded narratives and when they're playing the whole museum can be very noisy so best to go early when it's quiet to really soak it up.

Plus the reopened graveyard is a brilliant quiet lunch spot too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Stopitwillya

road_high wrote: »
    Kilkenny is ideal for tourists- my fav cities are always those I can walk around rather than the hassle of figuring out Underground's, buses etc. That's a huge plus we tend to overlook...staying here you can amble back to your hotel then with no hassle.

Kilkenny is a bit of a dump though. Full of stags and hens getting sick and running around with blown up dicks. Not very attractive to tourists apart from the knacker dubs.

Kilkenny is a bit of a dump though. Full of stags and hens getting sick and running around with blown up dicks. Not very attractive to tourists apart from the knacker dubs.
    Yeah, that's why we don't get tourists.

Fúck off <snip> and take your inflatable doll with you.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

catbear wrote: »
    Yeah, that's why we don't get tourists.

Fúck off you twat and take your inflatable doll with you.

That'll be the end of that.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

That'll be the end of that.

Have you given the other one a warning?

Can people in glass houses throw stones, it might be no harm to go see the medieval mile it might educate the brain a little. As regards the knacker Dubs they are coming down here for years mind there own business head home, to be honest you could count on one hand the amount of court cases they are involved with, not like the clowns that come from the south.

• Advertisement

Can people in glass houses throw stones, it might be no harm to go see the medieval mile it might educate the brain a little. As regards the knacker Dubs they are coming down here for years mind there own business head home, to be honest you could count on one hand the amount of court cases they are involved with, not like the clowns that come from the south.

Not a trouble with dubs in Kilkenny...never any bother with them. They come here from all classes and they're very welcome to come spend their cash and live here- they tend to have far, far more spending power than any other so called k-words from elsewhere- crowds always follow crowds to happening, in spots- Galway, Kilkenny, cork, Killarney, carrick on Shannon...

Back on the topic I thought it apt to include this recent clip.

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭miece16

let me guess, you're from waterford?

miece16 wrote: »

Probably...the bitterness is a dead give away

miece16 wrote: »
    Would you even have to ask that question.

Advertisement