Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FTTH

Options
  • 28-02-2017 7:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I had an Eir rep call to my house before Christmas to advise that Eir Fibre Extreme 1,000mbs was going live in my area on 28th December.
    He enquired if I was an existing Eir customer, which I am. He then informed me that all I needed to do was to contact 1901 in the beginning of January and they would process the order, once I used the post code and not the phone number or address.
    I have been contacting Eir weekly at 1901, and being told that it is not available on my line. They do not seem to grasp that the Extreme fibre is a new line and has not been connected yet as I can’t order it.
    My neighbours who are connected to the same pole as I am, have been able to sign up for the fibre with the rep that called before Christmas as they were not Eir customers.
    I have spoken to KN engineers when they were in the area a few weeks ago and they said it is at my pole and gave me the ref no.
    At this stage I am getting very frustrated as I can’t get an explanation for Eir as to what is going on. I am out of contract and have other options for Broadband. I don’t want to leave Eir if the fibre is going to be available soon, but I can’t get any information.

Can you please advise?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Jf117 wrote: »
    I had an Eir rep call to my house before Christmas to advise that Eir Fibre Extreme 1,000mbs was going live in my area on 28th December.
    He enquired if I was an existing Eir customer, which I am. He then informed me that all I needed to do was to contact 1901 in the beginning of January and they would process the order, once I used the post code and not the phone number or address.
    I have been contacting Eir weekly at 1901, and being told that it is not available on my line. They do not seem to grasp that the Extreme fibre is a new line and has not been connected yet as I can’t order it.
    My neighbours who are connected to the same pole as I am, have been able to sign up for the fibre with the rep that called before Christmas as they were not Eir customers.
    I have spoken to KN engineers when they were in the area a few weeks ago and they said it is at my pole and gave me the ref no.
    At this stage I am getting very frustrated as I can’t get an explanation for Eir as to what is going on. I am out of contract and have other options for Broadband. I don’t want to leave Eir if the fibre is going to be available soon, but I can’t get any information.

Can you please advise?
    Hi  Jf117,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Can you PM me your full name, account number & eir code and I will check this for you.

Thanks,
    Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Pbbuster

Can you please advise?

Wondering did you ever get your efibre connected?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Jf117

Pbbuster wrote: »

Can you please advise?

wondering did you ever get your efibre connected?
    Ongoing.

Today Eir customer services were able to accept my order and I am to get a call from technician within 48 hours to arrange an appointment.

Got an email to confirm from Eir.

I am keeping everything crossed. Up to now I was told I would need a new line which would mean a loss of all services for 7 days.

Will advise when/if I get it.

Pamela here on Eir boards was a big help as only way I could get answers.

Ongoing.

Today Eir customer services were able to accept my order and I am to get a call from technician within 48 hours to arrange an appointment.

I am keeping everything crossed. Up to now I was told I would need a new line which would mean a loss of all services for 7 days.

I find the reps on here great too, better than the online chat or twitter!
    The FTTH meant to be turned on in my area tomorrow, I'll wait till
    Thurs to see if I get installation date

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

Can you please advise?

wondering did you ever get your efibre connected?
    Ongoing.

Hi Jf117,

Thanks for getting back in touch.

I'm delighted to receive your feedback and Pamela will be very grateful to hear this.

Please let us know how you get on with your installation or if there is anything else we can help you with :)

Thanks,
    Anna

• Advertisement

Ongoing.

I find the reps on here great too, better than the online chat or twitter!
    The FTTH  meant to be turned on in my area tomorrow, I'll wait till
    Thurs to see if I get installation date
    Hi Pbbuster,

We are very grateful for your feedback and please do get back in touch to let us know how you get on with your installation :)

Thanks,
    Anna

eir: Anna wrote: »
    Hi Pbbuster,

We are very grateful for your feedback and please do get back in touch to let us know how you get on with your installation :)

Thanks,
    Anna

Thanks so much for your help and arranging my appointment

Will let you know how it goes

Denise

eir: Anna wrote: »
    Hi Pbbuster,

Thanks,
    Anna

Thanks so much for your help and arranging my appointment

Will let you know how it goes

Denise
    No problem at all Denise, very happy to help :D

Best of luck with your fibre installation :)

Thanks,
    Anna

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Jf117

:):) :):)

Yes, got the FTTH connected. Very happy with speed. Went with the 1,000 mbps as I have been waiting years for that kind of Broadband speed, was operating on 2.5mbps down and 0.25mbps upload.

Haven't had time to run much tests, but on the one test with wireless to the phone it was coming in at Ping 8ms, 210mbps download and 94mbps upload.

Happy days. Will test wired when get more time and advise.

A big thank you to Pamela here on Eir boards.ie as I was giving up until I got communicating with her.  

:):):)

We are delighted to hear this Jf117 :D

I will pass this feedback on to Pamela and I'm sure she will be grateful to hear this :)

Please feel free to get back in touch if you require any further assistance.

Thanks,
    Anna

• Advertisement
Advertisement