Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

E-flow query

• 28-02-2017 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭

Guys not too sure where to put this. Our bank card expires tomorrow. Our e-flow payments come out of our bank account. We dont have a tag. If we were to use the M50 tomorrow would we still be deducted the e-flow payment. Assume its linked to our bank account and not the card, is this correct. Please relocate Mods if incorrectly located.

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

IIRC you can update the card on eflow.ie. Alternatively call them up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,492 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I would think that it will only be a problem when they bill you, which happens once a month. They don't authorize the card for every single charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭James 007

Alun wrote: »
    I would think that it will only be a problem when they bill you, which happens once a month. They don't authorize the card for every single charge.
    Right, but this doesn't answer the question, will I be fined if I dont pay the toll in 24hrs if I take the M50 tomorrow, or will it still come out of my bank account, regardless of whether the bank card is out of date or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

James 007 wrote: »
    Right, but this doesn't answer the question, will I be fined if I dont pay the toll in 24hrs if I take the M50 tomorrow, or will it still come out of my bank account, regardless of whether the bank card is out of date or not.

Neither. They're fairly reasonable to deal with. If you don't get your card details updated in time, give them a ring. Whilst you'll incur the fine, I'd be confident they'll waive it and just charge for the tolls.

Neither. They're fairly reasonable to deal with. If you don't get your card details updated in time, give them a ring. Whilst you'll incur the fine, I'd be confident they'll waive it and just charge for the tolls.

Thats fine. Am I assuming correctly that I wont be charged so. If so can I pay via the shop for now within 24hours and will not occur a fine, has anyone experienced this. I have just checked our e-mails and e-flow has send me a reminder to update the card, so there is a link to it for the payments. If I dont get the card updated on time, should I pay by going to a shop within 24hours. Will this prevent any fines.

• Advertisement

They don't charge each individual journey every time, they batch them up and bill you once a month.

When does your eflow bill usually come out of your account? For me it's the 13th of each month, so in my case if I were having problems getting a new card, it wouldn't be an issue until the 13th March, as they don't do anything with the card until then.

Alternatively if you have another card, say a credit card, enter that on your account on eflow.ie as a stop gap until you get your new debit card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

Thats fine. Am I assuming correctly that I wont be charged so. If so can I pay via the shop for now within 24hours and will not occur a fine, has anyone experienced this. I have just checked our e-mails and e-flow has send me a reminder to update the card, so there is a link to it for the payments. If I dont get the card updated on time, should I pay by going to a shop within 24hours. Will this prevent any fines.

I wouldn't even bother going to the shop. Just use the m50 tomorrow if planned. When you get your new card, check your account online. If there's an outstanding trip with no fines attached, happy days, just update card number. If there is a fine there, just give them a call, explain the situation and they'll waive the fine and just bill you the standard toll.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭the14thwarrior

that happened to me / not enough money in account. they usually send me a text/email telling me this and asking me to pay etc. asap. never got a bill or overcharged.#

that happened to me / not enough money in account. they usually send me a text/email telling me this and asking me to pay etc. asap. never got a bill or overcharged.#
    Thanks for that, but I have plenty money in the account, my card will be out of date. I have checked their website but could not find anything on it. I will phone them tomorrow to be sure.

Alun wrote: »
    They don't charge each individual journey every time, they batch them up and bill you once a month.

When does your eflow bill usually come out of your account? For me it's the 13th of each month, so in my case if I were having problems getting a new card, it wouldn't be an issue until the 13th March, as they don't do anything with the card until then.

Alternatively if you have another card, say a credit card, enter that on your account on eflow.ie as a stop gap until you get your new debit card.
    Alun, I will take your word on this, ours is the 20th March so we seem to have alot more time based on this, if you are wrong I will send you the bill.;)

• Advertisement

Alun, I will take your word on this, ours is the 20th March so we seem to have alot more time based on this, if you are wrong I will send you the bill.;)
    I'm sure you will be OK, but just call them to be 100℅ sure, they're one of the few companies that have customer service that's actually helpful if you engage with them up front if there's a problem.

Advertisement