Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Appalling service, inadequate technology

Options
  • 28-02-2017 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭

Hi

as I type, I am watching my TV pixelate just like it has done for the past 3-4 months.  This happens at different times of the day on all channels, but at other times everything is fine.  Internet is also affected. 

What has Eircom done to correct this???  Multiple service tech visits, mostly involving swaptronics.  "fixes" have worked for a few days, but nothing has corrected the problems permanently.

Last night I used your Chat service to talk to one of your reps, who offered €4 a month reduction in my bill for the next 12 months as compensation.  when I said this was not going to cut it, he discontined the conversation - I did not get a transcript as a result.

I have lived in many countries (Canada, USA, Germany + others) but this has to be the worst company I have ever had to deal with in any aspect of day-to-day service.  I actually fell embarassed for the people I dela with here/

My question boils down to this:- what are you going to do to compensate for 4 months of  TV + internet interruptions due to your inadequate technology??

I will senf acc no when you respond

m

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Hi

as I type, I am watching my TV pixelate just like it has done for the past 3-4 months.  This happens at different times of the day on all channels, but at other times everything is fine.  Internet is also affected. 

What has Eircom done to correct this???  Multiple service tech visits, mostly involving swaptronics.  "fixes" have worked for a few days, but nothing has corrected the problems permanently.

Last night I used your Chat service to talk to one of your reps, who offered €4 a month reduction in my bill for the next 12 months as compensation.  when I said this was not going to cut it, he discontined the conversation - I did not get a transcript as a result.

I have lived in many countries (Canada, USA, Germany + others) but this has to be the worst company I have ever had to deal with in any aspect of day-to-day service.  I actually fell embarassed for the people I dela with here/

My question boils down to this:- what are you going to do to compensate for 4 months of  TV + internet interruptions due to your inadequate technology??

I will senf acc no when you respond

m
    Hi  markjbloggs,

Thanks for getting in touch. I'm sorry to hear of the ongoing issue you are experiencing.
    Can you PM me your full name and account number and I will follow this up for you.

Thanks,
    Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭markjbloggs

One week on from the original post, I have still had no direct contact from anyone in Eircom.  Neither of the 2 faults logged prior to that have been acknowledged or replied to.

The title of this thread says it all.

One week on from the original post, I have still had no direct contact from anyone in Eircom.  Neither of the 2 faults logged prior to that have been acknowledged or replied to.

Apologies for the delay markjbloggsWe would need to book an IDS (InHome Diagnostic Service) to take a look into this. At the minute we have appointments free from Thursday afternoon if you would like to let us know when would suit you?

-Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭markjbloggs

Apologies for the delay markjbloggsWe would need to book an IDS (InHome Diagnostic Service) to take a look into this. At the minute we have appointments free from Thursday afternoon if you would like to let us know when would suit you?

-Pamela 
    THanks Pamela,

I will not be available during work hours until early next week.  Prefer mornings

M

-Pamela 
    THanks Pamela,

I will not be available during work hours until early next week.  Prefer mornings

M
    No worries markjbloggs, I'll request the next available morning appointment.

-Pamela 

• Advertisement
Advertisement