Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IVF with donor eggs in Europe, anyone?

Options
  • 28-02-2017 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hello everyone! I'm new to this forum. As all of you I dream to become a mother. My dh and I were ttc for almost 5 years. We’ve tried different treatments and ivf. Unfortunately nothing gave result. All cycles of our 5 IVFs failed. This is so hard and painful. I had so much hope before each cycle. I believed that 'this one will be successful for sure'. But each failure was breaking me down. I'm so tired. There is one and only option for us. It’s ivf with donor egg. Now we are looking for a clinic, where this procedure can be done. We decided to go to Europe, because prices there are lower. But I have no idea where to start my search. I’m new to all this and I’ll appreciate any help and advices. Please share your experience! What should I consider? Maybe you know some good clinics? Reviews in the internet differ so much. I hope to talk with someone, who underwent this procedure. Thank you in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

Hello,Sorry to hear of all your struggles.

I do not have first hand experience with donor eggs or clinics in Europe but a lot of people I know that have had IVF have gone to a clinic in Greece. The clinic has a really high success rate for people who have failed everywhere else. Im not sure Im allowed name the clinic so if you want it just send me a PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭anmhi02

Hi there. ...we are just back from using cube ivf in Prague for our donor egg transfer. Have to š say they were fantastic and happily we got a BFP today😊😊. Have had numerous failed ivfs here in Ireland so this was or last hope. ...and our first try with donor eggs. Best of luck with it x

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭bilbot79

Alicante for money back guarantee

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Stella03

Hi everyone! Thank you for answers and information. I will look into countries and clinics which you've mentioned.
    anmhi02 wrote: »
    Hi there. ...we are just back from using cube ivf in Prague for our donor egg transfer. Have to š say they were fantastic and happily we got a BFP today😊😊. Have had numerous failed ivfs here in Ireland so this was or last hope. ...and our first try with donor eggs. Best of luck with it x

I'm so sorry for your failed ivf attempts. I know how it feels... I wish you all the best with your de ivf! We really hope to find professional clinic with reasonable prices. We spent so much money for failed cycles. We can't afford expensive clinic/agency. May I ask you a couple of questions about your clinic? How much attempts of ivf did you have in general? Did you choose donor by yourself? And how much did you pay? Thank you in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭anmhi02

Stella03 wrote: »
    Hi everyone! Thank you for answers and information. I will look into countries and clinics which you've mentioned.

I'm so sorry for your failed ivf attempts. I know how it feels... I wish you all the best with your de ivf! We really hope to find professional clinic with reasonable prices. We spent so much money for failed cycles. We can't afford expensive clinic/agency. May I ask you a couple of questions about your clinic? How much attempts of ivf did you have in general? Did you choose donor by yourself? And how much did you pay? Thank you in advance!
    We tried and failed with 6 rounds of ivf here in Ireland. The donor was anonymous but they tried to match the donor as closely as possible with my husband and I. How that faired or is yet to be seen :-).. All in all I'd say it cost nearly 11 thousand that's including the tests, transporting the frozen sperm over to Prague and meds. Then there's the flight, hotel etc to Prague but we took it as s much needed break and stayed for 4 nights. It's worked so far so it's well spent.

• Advertisement

anmhi02 wrote: »
    We tried and failed with 6 rounds of ivf here in Ireland. The donor was anonymous but they tried to match the donor as closely as possible with my husband and I. How that faired or is yet to be seen :-).. All in all I'd say it cost nearly 11 thousand that's including the tests, transporting the frozen sperm over to Prague and meds. Then there's the flight, hotel etc to Prague but we took it as s much needed break and stayed for 4 nights. It's worked so far so it's well spent.

Thank you for your kind response. I'll consider all info you've mentioned. We've already contacted a couple of clinics. So now we are waiting for their responses. We'll going to choose between Georgia, Russia, Czech Republic and Ukraine. As for me, I prefer Czech Republic and Ukraine. Both have the highest success rate. Both of them are 'popular' on fertility forums. Also the Ukrainian clinic which we contacted is using fresh eggs and has lower prices for same services. There is a lot of stuff to think about! We'll wait for all responses and then we'll pick up most suitable one. I'm so nervous. I hope we'll make the right choice. I'm so tired of failures. I think if I have another one, it will break me down.

Hi everyone! It's been awhile since I visited this board. We have a little progress. So I decided to share some news with you and hear your thoughts! We received letters from some clinics with needed information. My husband and I were discussing all information we got for almost two weeks. We decided to go to Ukraine first. The clinic is situated in Kiev and has high rates of successful treatments. It is really popular and we decided to go and see what this place is like. I won't tell the name of it yet. We have an appointment with their doctor on 27th of April. As I've mentioned already the clinic uses fresh embryos. This is really good thing. So now we are getting ready for upcoming trip. We've already booked tickets for a plane. I'm super nervous! I hope everything will be fine. I will update when we'll be back home. Wish everyone best of luck!

Advertisement