Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loan not appearing on Icb?

• 28-02-2017 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi I received a loan a few years ago which I am still paying back. I am hoping to apply for a mortgage soon but was worried that the loan will show up on my credit report so I went and ordered my credit report to see what the story is with it. It just came today and there is nothing about the loan on it. Is this a good thing or bad?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 missie1968

Anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭clintondaly

The best answer I can give is its not bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Where did you get the loan from? Some credit unions don't report loans to the ICB, especially if the loan amount is less than your shares/savings balance. I've also come across banks not reporting to the ICB before

Best bet is to contact whoever issued the loan and ask them why they haven't reported it to the ICB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭newacc2015

Not everyone reports to ICB. Vulture funds dont, EBS doesnt AFAIK, a lot of CUs are not registered with the ICB

Advertisement