Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Endorsed Cheque

Options
  • 28-02-2017 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I've a cheque that has been endorsed by a friend, just wondering am I able to cash it in the bank immediately or do I have to lodge it into my account and then wait for the funds to become available?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Good Afternoon UCD bus route,

Thank you for getting in touch with us here and welcome to Boards.ie

You would need to lodge this cheque to your account directly as it's not possible to cash it. Just to mention, if the cheque is marked as a/c payee only, it can only be lodged to an account in your friends name even if it has been endorsed.

I hope this helps and if you need anything else, please don't hesitate to contact us again.

Elaine

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭lettuce97

Hi, in a similar vein - how does endorsing a cheque work if the check is addressed to a baby/toddler?
    Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

lettuce97 wrote: »
    Hi, in a similar vein - how does endorsing a cheque work if the check is addressed to a baby/toddler?
    Thanks!
    Hi Lettuce97,

Thanks for the message. You could open a child saver account in the child's name and once the account has been opened the cheque could be lodged to the account. Alternatively you could also go back to the person that issued the cheque and ask them to issue a new cheque with your name on it.

I hope this has been of some help thanks again,
    Darren.

Advertisement