Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring 2017 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,949 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Big Temperature range here in Tralee today from a low of 1.9C to a high of 16.4C under sunshine all day with some fair weather clouds dotted about at times, more of a breeze today but still very pleasant. Lovely bright evening with fewer clouds and near calm.

Easy to see the best temps today under the clearest sky.

Tralee Wetlands at 12.50 today.

xq56OHk.jpg

sxgyRMS.jpg?1

Ogimet Max Temps rounded

7LZE8TI.png?1

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Another gloomfest of a day at Grange.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭pauldry

I saw sun shining on mountain today. First time in a few days.

Strange spell. Its freezing but persistently 9 to 12c in Sligo so the IMT is around 10c here for April making it one of our warmer Aprils due to cloudy nights

A few years back April had an IMT of 10.4c here in Sligo

Then it was 21c some days and around 0c some nights

Is IMT flawed?

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Timistry

sick of this anticyclonic gloom. The weather next week is looking unseasonably cold but could be a lot brighter

• Registered Users Posts: 11,794 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Cold temps next week with a chance of Snow! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Buffalobill29

Cold temps next week with a chance of Snow! :eek:

I said there would be snow about a week ago and you all laughed. Who'se laughing now? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

I said there would be snow about a week ago and you all laughed. Who'se laughing now? ;)

Laughing? I could cry.

I still don't see snow for next week. Not that I would want any.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

The forecast for next week into next weekend is not very good at all. Gloomy and 13 to wet and 8-10 degrees.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,170 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

While ye wallow in weather depression I'm still soothing my sunburn! Mostly overcast today in West Clare, compared to the past 2 days of unbroken sunshine!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭pauldry

Valentia the coldest place min wise at 2.9c.

At least the North was warmer than that.

Went out for a walk last night as such dry weather thought it would be nice....it poured rain after half a mile and got soaked.

Looked at raintoday when i got home and that and a shower at Malin head were the only two on the radar

Needless to say the met eireann radar didnt pick up either shower

• Registered Users Posts: 16,743 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Laughing? I could cry.

Tears of joy?:P

• Registered Users Posts: 16,743 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

The forecast for next week into next weekend is not very good at all. Gloomy and 13 to wet and 8-10 degrees.

But seriously, i agree with you. Cold at this time of year is pointless.
    As pointless as having an ice cream cone in December.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

How long has that low pressure been sat over Scandinavia?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,949 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

A fair shock to the system in Northern counties on Monday when the cold Arctic winds kick in.

ZmrB6E7.png

CD0HLxp.png

YpWseZK.png

6zPB5u3.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

In laws have snow in northern slovakia this week....its causing panic due to the effect on crops.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

After last weekend down in Cork and this one in Dublin (with a trip up north today) apart from one or two small patches in the sky I haven't seen the sun for an entire week. This month is exceptionally dull.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

It'll brighten up in a day or two.

After last weekend down in Cork and this one in Dublin (with a trip up north today) apart from one or two small patches in the sky I haven't seen the sun for an entire week. This month is exceptionally dull.

Indeed it has been, at least here with only 52% of the average sunshine up to this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭cute geoge

Sunny here in kerry since tuesday ,brillant month of april for farming down here so far

• Advertisement

According to Met Éireann, it could well be a record breaking dull April in some places. Knock Airport has recorded only 43.8 hours of sunshine so far up to the 22nd this month! It should be around 80-100 hours of sunshine by this time.

Yesterday got lovely in the afternoon making for another stunner of a day! Today started off sunny but has gotten overcast in the past while. Certainly been a few amazing days here in West Clare!

I didn't know whether to post this in the Summer look ahead thread or this thread.

These are the IMTs for every warm March since 1990 and the summers that followed them. For a March to be considered for these analogues, the March has to have an IMT of at least +0.5c above the average.

hhU8aWr.png

There isn't much to go off of warm Marches to say the least in terms of the IMT. There is about as much good summers as there is bad summers with warm Marches.

Information gathered from Met Éireann for the Republic of Ireland and the Met Office for Northern Ireland.

I decided to do the same kind of thing but with cold ends to April instead of warm Marches. Interestingly enough, the results come out much the same despite being different years!

4MGQ0Qs.png

Information gathered from Met Éireann for the Republic of Ireland and the Met Office for Northern Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Light snowflakes falling here in Donegal, :O

Some nice sunny spells here today despite some rain. First sunshine for more than 1 hour worth since Saturday 15th!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

temps just after taking a tumble here now, down to 7C.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

11.4C in Castlebar, I do not think we have seen any real rain in nearly 3 weeks, less than 15% of the usual rainfall we get in April currently.

Snow in the forecast for Knock Airport tonight!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,212 ✭✭✭✭km79

Sunniest day in ages in East Galway
    Wasn't expecting it!

Advertisement