Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring 2017 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Not to mention the drought effecting crops and general public water supply.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭highdef

Ah but Gonzo didn't mention any objection to rain at night, only the day :p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Had a hefty grass frost here this morning.

Turned into a cracking day in the end.

Low 2.6C

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Working outside all day, glorious weather but I'm burnt! Like a dope I didn't put the slap on when I was down to my t shirt. Neck looks like a turkeys

Shade max was only about 15 a good 10 more in the sun I'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Working outside all day, glorious weather but I'm burnt! Like a dope I didn't put the slap on when I was down to my t shirt. Neck looks like a turkeys

Shade max was only about 15 a good 10 more in the sun I'd say.

25 degrees? Where are you?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Where are you?
    ...in the sun.

That's where he was.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

any charts for sunday Meteorite ? good crew of us heading to the airshow in westport

Met Eireann talking about sunny intervals and showers ( some of them thundery ) . Cooler then of late. Looks a bit breezy I would think. Enjoy the show . I wonder will they be able to carry out all the planed lineup ? , hope to make the Bray one this year myself.

N6eMgDk.png

wiUvsX0.png

MDol6nQ.png

2Sg13ar.png

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

I'm looking at an hourly forecast for Friday and it's giving 1-1.5mm of rain for each hour. I'm wondering how significant would that be, just a drizzle or something more?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Gael23 wrote: »
    I'm looking at an hourly forecast for Friday and it's giving 1-1.5mm of rain for each hour. I'm wondering how significant would that be, just a drizzle or something more?
    A light rain, persistent light rain. Any breeze though will make it look and feel awful.

I remember days like that and people thinking it had rained alot and next morning only a few mm in the gauge. Other days might be sunny for the most part then a hefty shower passes over dumping a quick downpour of 5mm and people call it a decent enough day.

Tis all perception! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Danno wrote: »
    A light rain, persistent light rain. Any breeze though will make it look and feel awful.

I remember days like that and people thinking it had rained alot and next morning only a few mm in the gauge. Other days might be sunny for the most part then a hefty shower passes over dumping a quick downpour of 5mm and people call it a decent enough day.

Tis all perception! :D

It says a light breeze 3m/s

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

The longest recorded drought ended on this day in 1938 - 37 days:

http://www.met.ie/climate-ireland/weather-extremes.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

In the past 26 days here in West Clare we've only had one period with rain, that lasted 2 hours and was 6mm, 5.4mm of which fell within half an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Glorious morning again here, no cloud and sunny, better get out and make the most of it, before its gone :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

wasn't expecting today to be as good as it is, cloud starting to increase but feeling warmer now that that cool easterly wind is mostly gone. I don't think were gonna see a whole lot of rain over the next week, it will certainly be showery at times but won't be enough to fix the low water levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

fully cloudy here now, sad to see all the sun go.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Cloud rolling into Castlebar as well, but it still has got up to 19.4C today, we have had 6 days in a row where it has got between 19C-21C and we have had just one wet day (29th of April) in the last 39 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭hawkwing

Surely all of the places that were flooded in the west ages ago must be ok at the moment,they never broadcast to say so as it's not news I suppose, and when it will flood again you get the impression it never went away.

Fully clouded over now, brings to end of nearly 10 cloudless sunny days and definitely 10 clear night skies.

short heavy shower here from those Irish sea 'rain streamers' a while ago, ground wet for the first time in over a month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

By over a month do you not mean 2 weeks :pac: (30 April)? Or did you somehow escape that wet day?

No rain so far here today but it has become fully overcast and humid after a very similar scene to every day (except last Saturday) so far this May (endless blue skies) earlier here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

had clouded over here (mid-Limerick) but now sunshine breaking through again. Ne'er a raindrop.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Up to 17:00 today, I have recorded 124 hours of sunshine for this May so far which is already 65% of my whole May monthly sunshine. Easily my sunniest "start" to May on record.

Really hoping I will see more of this. It will be very interesting to have two consecutive very sunny Mays and especially if this May turns out to be the sunniest on record.

EDIT: Ireland overall, by using the synoptic stations only, has seen an average of 104 hours of sunshine for the first 10 days which is still way above the average as we are only in 10 days of the month. Stay tuned in on the Irish Weather Statistics thread for the 1st-16th May Irish weather stations tables to be posted on the 17th.

Information gathered from Met Éireann.

Gone very clonmellion here in north meath ;)

Cloudy Dark and now Wet, horrible evening after such a fantastic last 10 days

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

No rain in Dublin 16....yet. Just overcast.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Fair bit of wind Sun night Mon morning accompanied by heavy rain moving up over the country, that should fill my ponds :)

8KZks2d.png

DuySOWv.png

gTO6OOw.png

HdIaoW3.png

looks like we're back to normal service.

Gloomy, cool, wet evening, fire lit.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,921 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Lovely evening out there this evening in North East Galway. Skies are getting very black in spots so I expect the rain to arrive later.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Clear blue skies here in Castlebar as the sun begins to set. last clear day for a while it would seem.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭pedigree 6

Spot the Alien!

screenshot_1.png

Here I'll help ye along.:)
    screenshot_1.png

:D

Edit: must be just me then can see it.

Advertisement