Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring 2017 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Sure its summer now be spring :D tomorrow

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Spot the Alien!

I think ye definetly need a drop of rain down there in Wexford :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Have a few things to do tomorrow and really would have liked a dry day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭pedigree 6

I think ye definetly need a drop of rain down there in Wexford :D

Ah go way would ya!
    We're supposed to be in summer now and we're still in a spring thread.;)

Edit:I thought May was in the summer but apparently it's still in spring.

We get winter weather in autumn (November) spring weather in winter (January) and summer weather in spring (May).
    There's no seasons anymore.:p

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

18Z GFS 10m Gusts

tempresult_hxn4.gif

tempresult_vci7.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

[LEVEL 1 Weather Alert - Be Aware] Rainfall Warning for Kildare, Kilkenny, Laois and Offaly

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057740144

Yes guys, I'm back to telling you when a new weather event thread has been made. Sorry that I have been busy and at other times forgetting!

A day that got worse as it went on. I saw people dressed up for a wedding when I was on my lunch break earlier. I had such pity for them after the week we had.

Possible wind warnings coming up for tomorrow night /early Mon morning.

tempresult_yzl9.gif

tempresult_uzf8.gif

Some heavy rain across the country this evening, just 3.6mm here in Tralee, nice sunny sky this evening at 15C

ACbSNG1.png?1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Had some hail here this morning. Looks like normal service has resumed looking at the forecast for the next week. Those May rainfall totals won't be long about creeping back up again after the lovely few days we had.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭pedigree 6

I just saw a nice satellite picture from Met Eireann perfectly demonstrating the Coriolis Effect in action on two different low pressure systems in the north and south hemisphere.

screenshot_1.png

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Tis grand Clare is missing it again :)

Well no warnings as yet for wind ( apart from Marine Warnings ). Bit of a difference in the models but would have thought Atlantic coastal counties at least would have warnings. Either way windy spell coming up.

GK1DZ9V.png

WWd6bpA.png

VYl22VC.gif

XeLa3N1.png

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Just poured out of the heavens as I was on my cycle here in West Clare, lots of spot flooding around now.

[LEVEL 2 Weather Warning - Be Prepared] Orange Rainfall Warning for Cork and Kerry, yellow for Galway, Mayo and Sligo

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057740735

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

perhaps a May of 2 halves. first half dry, mildish, very sunny. Second half, mild, unsettled, wet.

Gonzo wrote: »
    perhaps a May of 2 halves. first half dry, mildish, very sunny. Second half, mild, unsettled, wet.

May 2000 was strikingly similar and that was one of Ireland's sunniest Mays on record.

Yesterday was quite a pleasant day where I am. A little cold but dry and some blue sky

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

hopefully a glimmer of hope that things will settle down again in a week's time with dryer conditions likely after next weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭Maidhci

Despite the status yellow rainfall warning for Galway, we have not had any significant rainfall during the night or this morning - was hoping for a more substantial fall to give the garden a little watering, but hopefully more to come during today. Hopefully, we will see some significant falls over the coming day or two and then hopefully the weather will settle down again.

I wonder is it likely that a blight warning will come into effect given the expected mist and humid conditions forecast over the next day or two?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,921 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Maidhci wrote: »
    Despite the status yellow rainfall warning for Galway, we have not had any significant rainfall during the night or this morning - was hoping for a more substantial fall to give the garden a little watering, but hopefully more to come during today. Hopefully, we will see some significant falls over the coming day or two and then hopefully the weather will settle down again.

I wonder is it likely that a blight warning will come into effect given the expected mist and humid conditions forecast over the next day or two?

It hammered it down in Tuam at 6 a.m. It's been misty and icky all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Murky and humid day in Castlebar, it is 16.4C with 97% humidity, only 10.2mm of rain and that fell mainly in the early hours.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Scorchio here in Dublin 16! Sun has come out and with a stiff SSW breeze, temp has risen to 21.8c! #fohn

warmest day of the year so far in many eastern areas that didn't fare so well in warm temps during the recent fine settled spell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Terrible day here raining all day. 15 degrees. F-ing miserable day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Just fecking wretched and I was out in it much of the day - the only variance was the level of wetness in Waterford.

On the 26 June this year by the way, Ireland will have its 130th anniversary of its warmest day on record which was 33.3c at Kilkenny Castle on 26 June 1887.

If I luckily find any information on June 1887 online in regards to Irish weather, I will do an article on June 1887's weather to celebrate the 130th anniversary.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Dry here since the rain cleared this morning, very cloudy and very mild in a strong breeze

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

sryanbruen wrote: »
    On the 26 June this year by the way, Ireland will have its 130th anniversary of its warmest day on record which was 33.3c at Kilkenny Castle on 26 June 1887.

If I luckily find any information on June 1887 online in regards to Irish weather, I will do an article on June 1887's weather to celebrate the 130th anniversary.
    Here ya go :P

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=100399214&postcount=1216

• Advertisement

Thanks for that :pac: but I'll need a lot lot more information than that like Kevin Bradshaw standard info. Go search him on the internet if you don't know who he is :cool:.

Advertisement