Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring 2017 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,949 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Strongest winds staying well off shore overnight. A blustery wet night here near Tralee but nothing significant. I see Malin got up to 75.6 Km/h , Roches Pt 72 km/h , Bellmullet 68 km/h, Valentia 68 km/h .

Met Eireann were spot on. Of all the models I thought the AROME was the most accurate in this instance.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,949 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Rain early in the West spreading across the country. Amounts don't look huge to me.

tempresult_ssi7.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Grand day here today, sunny with a brisk warm breeze

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

first decent day since the fine spell broke last Thursday evening. Sunny, dry and very mild.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,621 ✭✭✭giveitholly

at the moment what are the charts showing for next week,any few dry days coming,will it stay showery or is there a chance of bands of rain crossing the country

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

at the moment what are the charts showing for next week,any few dry days coming,will it stay showery or is there a chance of bands of rain crossing the country

I'll say it simply like this:

Showery rest of this week, potential temporary dry interlude early next week then back to showery conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,621 ✭✭✭giveitholly

sryanbruen wrote: »
    I'll say it simply like this:

Showery rest of this week, potential temporary dry interlude early next week then back to showery conditions.

sound thanks sryan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Miserable afternoon here 13 degrees lashing rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,110 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Starting to rain in Kilkenny after quite a nice morning

Grand morning in north meath, warm and sunny, showers look imminent though, dark clouds to the west of us

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Nice morning here also, clouded over for lunchtime with a light sprinkle of rain, very little fell despite the ominous radar returns. Sun is back out now. Temps 12.8c after peaking at 16.4c at 1pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

I see the Kent, England peninsula is peering out from the cloud and under influence of continental air - it's 23c in Headcorn whilst France is widely in the upper 20s and parts of Belgium are hitting 30c. The warm air is being pulled north along the east side of the front that passed over here Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,170 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Nice and warm sunny day here in West Clare, bit breezy and occasional periods of cloud, absoutley no rain though.

Heavy showers in Tralee this afternoon. Can see them on the radar spreading across the country getting heavier as they move inland.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Beautiful clear skies here in castlebar and further West. Showers only developing to the east of town.

Rain 3.0mm since midnight, no showers since 9am here.

Grand cool sunny day here in West Clare, just passing clouds and a bit of wind.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,748 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Heavy thundery shower here in North Kilkenny, so far it has dropped 7.6mm of rain and dragged the temperature down to 8.4C.

Atrocious evening heavy thundery rain 12 degrees.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Piker2017

When is the sun back?? :(

Atrocious evening heavy thundery rain 12 degrees.

Thunder really?

Any lightning?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭highdef

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Thunder really?

Any lightning?
    If there was thunder, then there was definitely lightning however I think the poster means the rain was very heavy, as is usually the case in a thunderstorm.

Personally, I'm not one to use the term "thundery rain" as I feel it leads to confusion and misunderstanding.

Not a bad week so far in north meath, we've had 4 showers since tuesday morning and its been a Fabulous day here today, dry bright and warm, showers seem to be fizzling out before they get here, hope it stays like this for the rest of the evening.

highdef wrote: »
    If there was thunder, then there was definitely lightning however I think the poster means the rain was very heavy, as is usually the case in a thunderstorm.

Personally, I'm not one to use the term "thundery rain" as I feel it leads to confusion and misunderstanding.

By lightning I meant visible lightning hitting the ground, alot of lightning stays in the clouds.

Sorry no thunder just heavy rain. Place is saturated.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,868 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Turned out to be a surprisingly nice evening in Tuam. Perfect conditions for a soccer match and the pitches are in way better shape after the bit of rain!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,755 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Not a bad week so far in north meath, we've had 4 showers since tuesday morning and its been a Fabulous day here today, dry bright and warm, showers seem to be fizzling out before they get here, hope it stays like this for the rest of the evening.

Yeah, in Dublin 15, I had to water window boxes as well as hanging baskets tonight because they haven't got enough rain all week, despite being well-placed for it.

From the forecasts I had thought I would be spared the watering can.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

O wow temps up to 25 by the end of the week yippee

O wow temps up to 25 by the end of the week yippee

Source?

Not exactly 25c, but MT promising up to 23c.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

Source?

http://www.met.ie/forecasts/

Maximum temperatures on Wednesday 16 to 23 Celsius, in moderate west to southwest winds. There is a better chance of sunshine on Thursday and Friday, with light to moderate southeasterly winds and temperatures will reach the low to mid 20s in many areas

Advertisement