Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring 2017 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

MJohnston wrote: »
    Clouded over significantly here in D07. I'd say there are a few annoyed BBQers.

You can't really be an annoyed BBQer....in early March! :P

Clouded over here too in Dublin 16. Was a fantastic/sunny spring day. High of 15.3c.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,649 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

DOCARCH wrote: »
    You can't really be an annoyed BBQer....in early March! :P

Clouded over here too in Dublin 16. Was a fantastic/sunny spring day. High of 15.3c.

Well you probably can't be annoyed, but I took a wee cycle earlier and there were definitely a few giving it a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

MJohnston wrote: »
    Well you probably can't be annoyed, but I took a wee cycle earlier and there were definitely a few giving it a try.

They are as bad as the ones who are in a t-shirt and shorts at the first sign of a sunny day even if it's not remotely warm enough for them.

Lucreto wrote: »
    They are as bad as the ones who are in a t-shirt and shorts at the first sign of a sunny day even if it's not remotely warm enough for them.

I guess 16° isn't that bad a day to do a BBQ. In Ireland you have to take what you can get with regard to sunshine!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Lucreto wrote: »

I was in a t-shirt - some of us work outside and it was perfect conditions to strip off!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,743 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Meanwhile:

Blizzard Warning in Southeastern PA
    Active for next 1 day · National Weather Service
    This alert has been updated.
    Posted 29 minutes ago

An extreme situation is developing for portions of our area as a MAJOR COASTAL STORM interrupts our usual daily routines on Tuesday...

.A very strong winter storm could be life threatening for those who do not pay attention to safety precautions Tuesday morning. Low pressure developing off the Carolina coast this evening will become an intense storm as it moves east of New Jersey midday Tuesday. Swaths of excessive precipitation will develop along and west of the track of the storm. Near blizzard conditions are likely for a few hours in eastern Pennsylvania and portions of northern New Jersey where snowfall rates of 2 to 4 inches per hour are expected.

BLIZZARD WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 8 PM THIS EVENING TO 6 PM EDT TUESDAY... The National Weather Service in Mount Holly has issued a Blizzard Warning, which is in effect from 8 PM this evening to 6 PM EDT Tuesday. The Winter Storm Warning is no longer in effect.

Locations: Eastern Pennsylvania and much of northern New Jersey.
    Hazard types: Heavy snow and strong winds.
    Accumulations: Snow accumulation of 12 to 16 inches.
    Timing: Snow begins between 10 PM and midnight from southwest to northeast across the warning area, becoming heavy at times with snowfall rates of Three to four inches per hour for several hours Tuesday morning. Snow may mix with sleet for several hours Tuesday morning which could reduce overall amounts. Snow will diminish late in the day Tuesday.
    IMPACTS: The heavy snow will make many roads impassable and may produce widespread power outages due to the weight of the snow on tree limbs and power lines. Strong winds will lead to blowing snow, reduced visibility, and additional power outages.
    Winds: Northeast 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 45 mph.
    Visibilities: Less than one-quarter mile for several hours.

Jealous. Very jealous :(

That's our crappy wet windy weekend weather isn't it?

ps when I was working today I saw our trees and shrubs starting to bloom the birds were singing, why would anyone still be after snow? It's a sickness, I tell ya!

• Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Well that was a brilliant day.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,743 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

That's our crappy wet windy weekend weather isn't it?

ps when I was working today I saw our trees and shrubs starting to bloom the birds were singing, why would anyone still be after snow? It's a sickness, I tell ya!

:o
    It is. I'm not gone on snow at this time of year, unless it's something similar to what's about to happen in the states. I think Doctor Shivering and other snow aficionados would reappear on here for that.

• Advertisement

Well it was warm enough to dry up the garden so I could mow the grass at last this evening. Ground still slightly damp underfoot.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Stunning day with a Max Temp of 17.2c

www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Bright moon when I got up and so peaceful now. Occasional gust of wind and that seems part of the territory up here.. robin singing his heart out..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Looks like the season of the F.L.A.B has officially started F. :(

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

North Eastern Snowstorm 14th/15th March 2017, United States (Storm Stella)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057717296

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭hawkwing

Glorious in the Phoenix Park,clear blue skies and already 14c at 1100.Lawnmowers starting up in the area.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Lovely earlier not so now usual cloud appears. Gone a bit chilly

Very similar day to Monday today with plenty of beautiful blue skies and very mild.

Absolutely stunning day in Dublin. Currently watching the world go by on the canal at Charlemont and it might be purely down to differences in temp from last week, but it feels like a wonderful summery day. The light breeze has a nice cool to it, but the sunshine is toasty.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

was another stunning day today, people in shorts and tshirts earlier. Gone all cloudy now, after a fairly decent 4 days, it's back to normal service from tomorrow unfortunately.

• Advertisement

Ah well! From a glorious morning to a miserable chilly tea time in Waterford. Back to the normal though with the possibility of a return to settled weather by later next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,794 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

wind picked up this afternoon / late evening where I am and quite blustery outside around 11pm

It's a stunning morning here again though with some cloud.

• Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Becoming darker here as the day goes on, I wonder if that patchy rain will make it to the east coast.

A much better day than expected, bright and dry if notably nippier.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Bitterly cold wind.. really nasty, and clouds with occasional squalls

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,949 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Great day today here in Cologne getting up to 18C in sunshine from dawn to dusk.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Great day today here in Cologne getting up to 18C in sunshine from dawn to dusk.

Cheers Meteorite58 you're after bringing a smile to my face, remembering all the times I used to be a very regular visitor through that station. :)

[STATUS YELLOW] Rainfall warning for West and North March 17th - 19th 50 to 80mm likely

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057718497

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,794 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

sryanbruen wrote: »
    [STATUS YELLOW] Rainfall warning for West and North March 17th - 19th 50 to 80mm likely

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057718497

thats a shame for the parades...

Advertisement