Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to cancel the Credit Card

Options
  • 28-02-2017 10:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭

How do I go about canceling my credit card?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Good Morning mikeym,

Thank you for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie.

I am sorry to hear that you wish to close your Credit Card account. You can complete this by calling our customer service team on 0818 365 365 / +353567757303 where a representative can assist with this. Alternatively, you can send a letter to your branch with your name, contact number and credit card number. You can also call in directly to your local branch.

Please ensure that your credit card balance is cleared in full and cancel any third party direct debits/subscriptions directly with the retailer. Upon closure a €30 Government Stamp Duty will be applied. This tax is charged in arrears on all credit card accounts and if an account is open in the new tax year (commencing the 1st of April 2016) this tax is applied upon closure.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your business to date. If we can help you with any of your future financial needs please don't hesitate to contact us again.

Elaine

Advertisement