Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rewriting Prescriptions

Options
  • 28-02-2017 11:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭

Hi all, Attending a foreign clinic and I need to get my prescription rewritten. I called my GP surgery today and its not something they offer. So now I have no idea where to go from here. How did everyone get theirs filled from foreign EU clinics? I am in the south Dublin/wicklow area. Feeling very stressed about it all now. Nothing exotic on the prescription with just Gonal F and Ovitrel.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

If you don't have a medical card, the script shouldn't need to be rewrote

Sorry op, forgot these were on the high tech scheme.

The hse changed its guidelines last year for ivf scripts wrote abroad. They'll cover it, but the gp needs to transcribe it. It doesn't need to go onto a high tech script however.

As it is the script is legally valid to be dispensed in Ireland, it's just a paperwork issue to get it covered on a hse scheme. I can see if I can find the circular from them tomorrow.

It might be just a case that your gp isn't aware of the hse requirements to get the medications covered for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭exaisle

What precisely is the problem with the current prescription? When you say "rewritten" do you mean you need another script for the same drugs?

If that's the case, you should contact the clinic to have them issue another script and email it to your pharmacy with a hard copy in the post... If you're well known to your local pharmacist, I'd hope that there wouldn't be a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

exaisle wrote: »
    What precisely is the problem with the current prescription?

If it's not in english you should contact the clinic to have them rewrite it and email it to your pharmacy with a hard copy in the post... I;m not sure whether scripts have to come from an Irish doctor here to be honoured or whether they will fill scripts from other EU countries... best of luck in getting sorted though..

Scripts wrote in the eu are valid here. A script wrote in Australia by an Irish registered door is also valid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

exaisle wrote: »
    What precisely is the problem with the current prescription? When you say "rewritten" do you mean you need another script for the same drugs?

If that's the case, you should contact the clinic to have them issue another script and email it to your pharmacy with a hard copy in the post... If you're well known to your local pharmacist, I'd hope that there wouldn't be a problem.

I just presume that I won't be able to get a UK prescription filled here. I wouldn't know my pharmacist at all. All previous cycles that I have done have been couriered to me by the clinic but I have changed clinics and its not a service that they offer

• Registered Users Posts: 9 mjvw82

Hi all, Attending a foreign clinic and I need to get my prescription rewritten. I called my GP surgery today and its not something they offer. So now I have no idea where to go from here. How did everyone get theirs filled from foreign EU clinics? I am in the south Dublin/wicklow area. Feeling very stressed about it all now. Nothing exotic on the prescription with just Gonal F and Ovitrel.
    Thanks

Hi,

Did it work out? I'm in same situation. My gp rewrote my script but pharmacy told me they need a pink hi tech script.

Did you get your script filled?

I'm in a panic now to get this sorted because I thought it was all sorted and cycle probably due to stay tomorrow or the next day and if can't get drugs, I'll have to wait another month! 😭

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

mjvw82 wrote: »
    Hi,

Did it work out? I'm in same situation. My gp rewrote my script but pharmacy told me they need a pink hi tech script.

Did you get your script filled?

I'm in a panic now to get this sorted because I thought it was all sorted and cycle probably due to stay tomorrow or the next day and if can't get drugs, I'll have to wait another month! ��

Hi I did. Hi tech scripts can be only be done by a consultant. If you are attending in the EU the original should be enough for the chemist to accept along with the rewritten one.
    what meds are on your script?

Advertisement