Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti announced at GDC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Something something cut down card. Maybe they could have done the full 12, but it would have been another 3.5GB 970 type thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Be interesting to see what happens GTX1080 prices over this side now.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I'm guessing this is why AMD was so lightweight on details for RX Vega last night.

I'm expecting them to do a Sony: walk on stage, "$599", drop the mic.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Be interesting to see what happens GTX1080 prices over this side now.

1080 prices had been dropped to $499 so expect to see some bit of a price drop in the next week or so. I'm looking at the asus 34" g sync widescreen and now thinking of the 1080 ti as it should be the same price as existing gtx 1080's

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

trying to shift my 1080 to get one of these or possibly vega (any release on that yet?). the 1080 can do 4k but its not always at 60fps so hoping the ti will be able to pull that off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Gonna look into selling off my 1080 as well once I have some prices on the Ti's. If I can offset by a decent amount I will grab a new one.

They took a nice battering in resale yesterday with price cuts on new, I'd say between 500-600 is what a 1080 will make now :( and the hassle of trying to sell it ugh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

They took a nice battering in resale yesterday with price cuts on new, I'd say between 500-600 is what a 1080 will make now :( and the hassle of trying to sell it ugh

I'd be happy enough with 500 to be honest. Anything more would be a bonus.
    I bought it off OCUK before their price hike with brexit an all that jazz.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Told ya there'd be no 490 :pac: (under a different name)

Does anyone know if EVGA will do a step up to the Ti or will I just sell her on adverts?

What was the launch price of the 1080 in $ btw can anyone remember?

Noxin wrote: »
    I'd be happy enough with 500 to be honest. Anything more would be a bonus.
    I bought it off OCUK before their price hike with brexit an all that jazz.

I sold my full system so its irrelevant but at the time I also paid around €650 a piece for 2 Palit GTX1080 Jetstreams, and at the time they came with 2 codes for Gears of War 4 which I sold instantly for €30 each - so it was 620 per card, if I got 500 now - which should be pretty easy to achieve - I'd be delighted!

The only problem is the 2nd hand market is not so kind to premium models, so if you spent 750 on a higher end model, you're likely gonna have to accept a much bigger hit.

• Advertisement

i think the founders edition was $699 but could be wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

This is faster than the GDDR5X used on the Titan X and original GTX 1080, so in order to bring later 1080 adopters up to speed, the GTX 1080 will now start shipping with 8GB of faster 11Gbps GDDR5X VRAM.
    http://www.kitguru.net/components/graphic-cards/matthew-wilson/the-gtx-1080-is-now-100-cheaper-and-comes-with-faster-ram/

Its interesting to see newer Gtx 1080's will contain faster ram than existing Gtx 1080's. I wonder will their be a noticable difference in performance?

• Registered Users Posts: 54,193 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Tempted to sell my 2x 980ti for a 1080ti but would like to read up on some comparisons.

Nothing to read yet it seems

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

deceit wrote: »
    http://www.kitguru.net/components/graphic-cards/matthew-wilson/the-gtx-1080-is-now-100-cheaper-and-comes-with-faster-ram/

Its interesting to see newer Gtx 1080's will contain faster ram than existing Gtx 1080's. I wonder will their be a noticable difference in performance?

I dont see any running at 11GHz, obviously the 11 might run at 12.5 and 12.5 v 10? Dunno

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I was gonna wait for the 1080ti and get the asus pg34q but decided against it because of ips issues . Went for the dell g sync monitor and got a msi 1080 and one of those noble chairs.
    That will do me until the next gen of ips monitor comes out.. whenever that is

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

When are the partner cards available for sale? I dont want an FE model. Thinking Asus ROG or EVGA FTW3.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭weisses

When are the partner cards available for sale? I dont want an FE model. Thinking Asus ROG or EVGA FTW3.

Check ocUK ...

weisses wrote: »
    Check ocUK ...

They just have available for pre-order, so doesnt really help. That site is a pure rip off usually anyway and their customer service is a joke. I avoid them if I can.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,416 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭weisses

They just have available for pre-order, so doesnt really help. That site is a pure rip off usually anyway and their customer service is a joke. I avoid them if I can.

Prices are very competitive I find, I found customer service to be very good, each to their own I gues

• Advertisement

weisses wrote: »
    Prices are very competitive I find, I found customer service to be very good, each to their own I gues

It is when you have a problem you will find out. Their attempts to try and ignore the Sale Of Goods Act and Distance Selling regulations is criminal. They are one of those companies, like Currys, who think their "Company Policy" is more important than the law. Cowboys.

I find them pretty good on offers and service from experience, I buy most of my stuff from them.

sold my 1080 and ill probably end up buying one of the water cooled versions of the 1080ti. Tempted to wait and see what amd have to offer but what are the chances they have a single card solution better than a 1080ti??? is their a time frame for their high end gpu release?

sold my 1080 and ill probably end up buying one of the water cooled versions of the 1080ti. Tempted to wait and see what amd have to offer but what are the chances they have a single card solution better than a 1080ti??? is their a time frame for their high end gpu release?

Nothing concrete yet, RX Vega release between April-June.

Wouldn't mind waiting tbh, except my 390x is acting all types of strange, hitting 94c @ 100% fan in bf1 :D wonder how long it will last before going explody

Wouldn't mind waiting tbh, except my 390x is acting all types of strange, hitting 94c @ 100% fan in bf1 :D wonder how long it will last before going explody

Undervolt it!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Reseating/repasting the cooler might also be an idea.

Tried to limit the temps with afterburner but they won't stick once I apply them, stuck at +94 which might explain the 94c I'm hitting :/ I'll try to undervolt it, any suggestions on how much? Sorry for derailing the thread

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

• Advertisement

Sold my own 1080 for 520, tbh was happy with that even though could probably made a little more if I was willing to wait longer

Advertisement