Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

flout fishing.

• 01-03-2017 9:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi there! :)

My name is Edgars, i am from Latvia..

My question is, how to start fishing in Ireland? In Latvia i was going fishing every weekend, some flout fishing, feeder fishing, micro jig fishing.. And i am in Ireland since october 2016 and i really whant to fish, but i dont know how to start it here. Do i need some licence or something for flout fishing/feeder fishing? I live in Limerick city..

I will be gareful for some tips.

And sorry for my English, its pretty bad. :)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Reedsie

Hi Edgars,

your English is quite good. Better than my Latvian!
    Though 'flout' is not a word. You either meant trout or float.

I think float, in which case this webpage should help you.
    If you meant trout fishing you can find information here.

Your best bet might be to call into a local tackle shop and get information there. I'm sure they will be happy to direct you to a good fishery and fully explain the rules regarding licences etc..

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Edgars444

Thank you!

I meant float, not trout. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Reedsie wrote: »
    Though 'flout' is not a word. You either meant trout or float.

I think flout is a great word :pac: float fishing for trout, we should campaign to get it into the dictionary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭con___manx1

you need to find some Ūdens with fish in it: ) I think the tackle shop would be your best bet. the Shannon river has all different types of course fish including pike.

Advertisement