Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Meeting with local station

• 01-03-2017 12:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭

Hi
    Passed interview and now looking to the next stages etc, what happens when you are called to your local station to meet a sergeant/ super etc

Do they ring everyone on your form where you worked etc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13 JS533

Congratulations on passing interview. Yes they will ring the references you put on the form and both the Sgt and superintendent of your local area will have a chat with you. I arrived in casual wear when meeting the sgt but id suggest wearing a suit when meeting the superintendent. My manager, a known reference and a Garda reference were all contacted by AGS. Hope this helps and all the best .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭leestone

JS533 wrote: »
    Congratulations on passing interview. Yes they will ring the references you put on the form and both the Sgt and superintendent of your local area will have a chat with you. I arrived in casual wear when meeting the sgt but id suggest wearing a suit when meeting the superintendent. My manager, a known reference and a Garda reference were all contacted by AGS. Hope this helps and all the best .

What do they ask when they ring up.
    Reason i ask is I had one manager who gave me a bad reference for a job that cost me a job needesley may I add, I put that companies contact info down so will they will ring all your past jobs or just your references sorry so confused

Advertisement