Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swap car insurance?

Options
  • 01-03-2017 1:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭

Not sure if this is possible..

I am thinking of swapping my car but my wife wants to keep it. So she says to sell hers and she will take mine

We both have same insurance company but different policies with each of us named on each policy

Are you able to get insurance companies to swap cars over? Or would I have to make out I sold car to her?>

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

As you're both named drivers on each others cars you could leave your policy as is and have her the main driver on the new car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

ThisRegard wrote: »
    As you're both named drivers on each others cars you could leave your policy as is and have her the main driver on the new car.

Yeah both named drivers

There is reasons I want to swap :P

I only have 1 years NCB as I came off company car, she has loads :P

Car we are keeping is 2ltr engine, new car is potentially electric

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

I did ring insurance to check how much we could potentially save, they say they can quote until 21 days before end of policy, pure madness

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

Shefwedfan wrote:
    I did ring insurance to check how much we could potentially save, they say they can quote until 21 days before end of policy, pure madness

Correct. They aren't obliged to until that point. Plus they change their rates every 20 to 30 days

Advertisement