Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paperless concerts and cancellation/refund

Options
  • 01-03-2017 2:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭

I bought a paperless ticket for Iron Maiden in May through TM.

Turns out I'm unlikely to be able to attend.

I mailed them this morning to ask about a cancellation and refund as I had obviously not received an actual ticket and they have informed me that I cannot cancel / get a refund.

They told me to give my credit card to someone that can attend instead of me. This is not practicable for me. I replied to them saying that the website states tickets are not transferrable and the purchaser has to bring some form of ID so I wanted a specific reason why they will not refund me to which they sent me their standard terms and conditions from the site.

It of course does not give any information, it just states that orders cannot be cancelled.

I can completely understand this if they were regular tickets but for paperless I don't see what the problem is, just cancel the order.

My question is, do I have any recourse or is it simply a matter of having to take the hit if I cannot attend?

I fcuking hate TM.

:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Playing devils advocate (hope the devil is not offended comparing him to these scumbags), -if they did allow refunds then they could be lumped with loads of tickets at the last minute. If you could refund easily people would buy them up on the off chance they might go, safe in the knowledge they can get a refund. Though May is a long way away.

In another active thread someone said they know someone who got a refund, and there was an admin charge.

I have gotten or offered several refunds before, gigs had changed venue and they offered a refund. Another got downgraded to be a support act in the same venue. I think another was a change of date. All offered refunds.

At least twice I was not offered a refund but got one. A major & heavily advertised support act pulled out and I said the only reason I was going was on the basis they were playing. Another time they changed venue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭PAKNET

As it's simply a change of mind then you have no recourse.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

You could chance asking Ticketmaster will they add another credit card number to your order .
    This other credit card could then be used for entry ,i.e a friends credit card .

Ive heard of this being allowed,most notably for U2's last tour in the 3arena,so its worth a shot anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Thanks for the responses guys.

Will just have to see how things pan out.

I fcuking hate TM.

:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

I'm sorry OP but you agreed to the T&C when you bought the tickets.

If people are serious about eliminating touting, then this is how it has to be.

Is there really no one you can give it to?

Edit: maybe these gigs are actually a good candidate for that Missed Event insurance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭R.F.

Im a little concerned for Coldplay in the summer

I purchased at face value paperless tickets for this of a guy from the toutless website. So I only have the buyers emailed ticket that he printed off and posted to me

Will I have any issues?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

I'm an admin on Toutless.com. We don't allow ticket trading for any events where there is a requirement for photo ID. There are no announced restrictions on Coldplay with this regard so there shouldn't be any issue with accessing the event with someone elses ticket. We can't guarantee someone hasn't sold you a fake ticket and we cover this here but this is a separate issue from problems accessing an event with a genuine ticket but bought by someone else.

As for Iron Maiden it is a paperless event which means ID is required to prove you are the original buyer as well as a credit card. There is no recourse for the OP I'm afraid. It is an anti-touting measure but not a well implemented one as it really should come with some sort of refund up to date X sort of safety net. This is how Glastonbury does it. Considering this is meant for events where demand outstrips supply it shouldn't be the case the promoter will lose out.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭R.F.

Toast wrote: »
    I'm an admin on Toutless.com. We don't allow ticket trading for any events where there is a requirement for photo ID. There are no announced restrictions on Coldplay with this regard so there shouldn't be any issue with accessing the event with someone elses ticket. We can't guarantee someone hasn't sold you a fake ticket and we cover this here but this is a separate issue from problems accessing an event with a genuine ticket but bought by someone else.

As for Iron Maiden it is a paperless event which means ID is required to prove you are the original buyer as well as a credit card. There is no recourse for the OP I'm afraid. It is an anti-touting measure but not a well implemented one as it really should come with some sort of refund up to date X sort of safety net. This is how Glastonbury does it. Considering this is meant for events where demand outstrips supply it shouldn't be the case the promoter will lose out.

Thank you for the reply. This really has eased my worries

The seller is legit, have his address, phone number etc... and it all checked out.

My only concern was if they asked for ID at the door to confirm the ticket

Advertisement