Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

International bank transfer

• 01-03-2017 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭

Hi BoI

I did a international bank transfer from AIB to Bank of Ireland from EUR to GBP.

Unfortunately, the country code of the IBAN and BIC was not correct. The sort code and country code is correct however. The country code should have been UK not Ireland.

I have already went to my branch and after they had transferred and they put forward a redirect request to BOI.

Is there anyway to find out what is happening on BoI's side?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Good Afternoon defrule,

Thank you for getting in touch with us here.

The sending bank will be able to confirm the expected time frame for this transfer. If this time expires and the funds have not reached the payee's account then your bank will need to place a trace on this transfer in order to resolve this. I'm afraid there is nothing that can be done from this side at the moment as the sending bank must initiate this process and liaise with us directly.

I hope this is resolved for you soon and thanks again for your post.

Elaine

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭defrule

Hi Elaine,

My bank put through a swift message to redirect the money two days ago. The money is with BoI and BoI need to do something. Someone needs to respond to the request on BOIs end but right now it is just silence.

Please can you help me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi defrule,

I'm sorry to hear that this is still unresolved.

In order to have this investigated further, please as the payee (Bank of Ireland account holder) to contact Bank of Ireland Direct on 0818 365 365 or 03457365555 for a Sterling account. Please also ask then to have as much detail to hand to help trace this payments. For example, the date and time the transfer was made, the full amount and what currency and any reference number given by AIB regarding the trace they initiated.

Thanks,
    Elaine

Advertisement