Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baby friendly resort ideas?

Options
  • 01-03-2017 5:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭

Hi we are thinking of going somewhere in Europe this May with our baby who will be 6 months at that stage. We'll hopefully fly from cork. Any ideas as to where to go that's baby friendly & has travel cots, steriliser bits etc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

We went to Alvor in Portugal, very child friendly spot. Most places will provide a travel cot, don't know about steriliser sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

From what I've seen most hotels/apartments would provide a travel cot if asked. I wouldn't worry too much about sterilizer - you can buy sterilizing bags that you use cold water and a special tablet in and leave bottles etc in for an hour. If you know there's a microwave there's also travel microwave bags or I got sterilizer travel boxes in Dealz for 1.50 the other day!

At six months you probably can go to most resorts and hotels as baby won't be walking/crawling and won't need any entertainment etc like an older child would.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭farmchoice

its a great age to travel with a child, it probably wont be as easy again for about 10 years.
    you can go pretty much anywhere, hotels, holiday apartments etc will all provide travel cots and as long as you can get access to a microwave the sterilizer bags are great.

flying with a 6 month old is pretty easy some people worry about long flights and while i personally wound not fancy 6 plus hours on a plane with a baby it is not all the different to 6 plus hours at home except on the plane there is someone to bring you drinks and food

we went to lanzarote with babies that age a few times and really enjoyed it really family friendly no late night party culture but you could sit in a restaurant or bar with the baby in the buggy enjoining your meals and drinks as late or as early as you wanted, lots of other young families and older retired people.

in fact at that time of year when the kids are still in school it will be nearly all families with only babies or toddlers

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

You can go most places when they are that age,France is super child friendly as are Lanzarote,Menorca and a lot of the resort type places.
    Bring your own steriliser,they are tiny and take up nearly no space.
    I don't worry about traveling with kids until they can walk!!

I have 4 kids and the baby was only 4 weeks old the last time that we went to France,in Menorca we had a 6 month old and we did in both Lanzarote and France too (January babies lol)

Advertisement