Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League of Ireland Fixtures (Week 2), Mar 3-4

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,050 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Derry's first home game in Donegal !

Game between the 2 high scorers from last week, so likely be a 0-0.

I would be happy with the 3pts no matter how they come.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Bohs are undoubtedly going to be especially drilled in defence and sent flying out of the blocks...

Bohs to score off someone's backside, off three posts and after a goalmouth scramble and a 1-1 result

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Derry vs Limerick should be a good game. Fancy Derry to challenge for the title this season. Very good team especially in midfield.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭BigBrownBear

MD1990 wrote: »
    Derry vs Limerick should be a good game. Fancy Derry to challenge for the title this season. Very good team especially in midfield.

i don't think playing in Buncrana will be benefecial to their challenge but probably a top 4 finish

i don't think playing in Buncrana will be benefecial to their challenge but probably a top 4 finish

Pitch looks very good which should suit Derry's style of play.
    In the summer they will be switching to a 2.30 PM Sunday Kick Off as a lot of Derry fans go on holiday to Buncrana.

It will be an annoying journey for away teams.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

Hard one to call in Tallaght, Rovers still hurting over the opening day defeat and with a point to prove! Bohs defence will prob have got a kick up the hole after the shambolic performance against Derry, can see this being a painful one for the Neutrals watching it on the telly,

Prediction: 1-1, Bohs to take an early lead with Rovers equalising late on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭kksaints

We need a much better performance than last Friday night. If we play that bad again we'll lose again and we'll be stuck in a relegation battle for the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

First game of the season for me, hoping to get something from UCD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

Brutal rain here in Cork all night, plenty of flooding around the city, TC pitch ususally holds up well but Id imagine it will be a scrappy game given conditions. 1-0 City win McNulty kick out to go straight in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Summer Soccer is back!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Have a bad feeling about tonight. Long under pressure already if we take another beating.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

IT'S MOTHERF'N DERBY DAY. Man I love this sh*t. This is where the barstoolers miss out. Nothing compares to the visceral mental carry on of a real derby in the flesh. The colour, the noise, the passion. Nothing.

Oh it's on telly? Might just stay in, it's kinda cold out

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Just got a text from work giving me tonight off, would love to be going to Tallaght but I'll have to settle for the Cross.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Bring your water proofs. Its pissing non stop here since yesterday at some stage and no sign whatsoever of it letting up :(

Can't see the match being called off, but it will be utterly miserable. And guaranteed some c**t will be in my seat and will have to have an argument to get him to move.

https://twitter.com/ShamrockRovers/status/837704747834466304

Original pitch inspection at 4. Mustn't be good.

GLaDOS wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/ShamrockRovers/status/837704747834466304

Original pitch inspection at 4. Mustn't be good.

Update at 5:30. Pitch is grand in 80% of the area, they just need to fork it down a bit. It'll be on.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

I'm sure everyone will either be told whether its on or off at approx 3 minutes before kick-off. Plenty of time.

I actually work in Tallaght so have to hang round waiting to hear if I can go home or not :pac:

the pitch will have lumps out of it inside 20 minutes either way...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

dfx- wrote: »
    the pitch will have lumps out of it inside 20 minutes either way...

And hopefully Roberto Lopes will too. :D

Game on anyway :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

HARPS NOT HAPPY

Finn Harps fans are rapidly cancelling their memberships of the Anthony Buttimer fan club after that controversial free that lead to the goal and his earlier penalty snub.

I'm loving the website updates

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,442 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

What's happening to Shels? We're 4-0 up after half an hour.

Very hard to create anything on this pitch, Very muddy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

That is not a nice pitch to play on in Tallaght.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Derry Limerick game abandoned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭overshoot

I can only imagine how much limerick fans love Donegal after that...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭kksaints

Very disappointing result for us up in Drogheda. Could be in trouble this season.

:):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

4-0 and good second half by Cork.

Galway were better team first 20min but after that it was very comfortable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Some amount of goals in Bray, looking forward to Soccer Republic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

What's happening to Shels? We're 4-0 up after half an hour.

Chortle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Pat D. Almighty

kksaints wrote: »
    Very disappointing result for us up in Drogheda. Could be in trouble this season.

Time for Ger O'Brien to come back out of 'retirement'. Bermo isn't captain material in my opinion :(

• Advertisement

paulie21 wrote: »
    Derry Limerick game abandoned.

As my mate said, game abandoned due to electricity fault... in a league sponsored by an electricity company.

Time to get #greatestleagueintheworld going again.

Can't really complain about that, we only really made an effort once Rovers went ahead, an all too familiar story. We've a tough season ahead of us.

Don't see why the Derry vs Limerick game could not played tomorow during the day maybe at 2pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Athlone were decent but not amazing. In my opinion not a good footballing side, but a good chunky bunch who could defend well against our decent wing play in the second half. We gave away two fairly stupid goals. Grigorovs, Viegas, Hernandez and Lyons are the best of the bunch. Sfrijan was fairly anonymous, and Raftery a bit dodgy. Coss is a monster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I had the Rovers/Bohs game on the DVR. It was exciting at the end and I thought Bohs were going to nick an equaliser. Morris had a good game I thought and was unlucky with his header. Miele's goal was very impressive considering the conditions.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

No ticket stubs handed back at Magnn Park either so no idea how the reply is going to work ticketwise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Time for Ger O'Brien to come back out of 'retirement'. Bermo isn't captain material in my opinion :(

Dunno how bermo got the captaincy his a fraud in more than one way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

kksaints wrote: »

Christ, we were absolutely woeful. I felt coming into the season, especially with three teams going down, that we'd be in a relegation battle and the first two games of the season only enforces that opinion.

An utterly miserable night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭Tippex

Bray should have been in double figures by the end of the game. Harps were awful and then all of a sudden Bray forgot how to defend. Harps should have been put to the sword well before they managed to get their second and fair play to them for plugging away.

In saying that my jesus Buttimer was atrocious and I have no idea how horgan and hegarty are going to manage to get through the season without blowing numerous blood vessels they were on the officials backs and their players backs from the kickoff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,370 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

We could see 3 teams from the West go down this season..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭White Horse

Just listened to Dave Robertson being interviewed after the game.

Apparently Sligo were well in the game until the young lad up front got sent off due to the ref buying some Holywood acting from Dundalk defenders. Nothing in it up to that point.

This is what separates great managers. They see things us mortals can't.

https://audioboom.com/posts/5674190-robbo-post-dundalk

Advertisement