Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Customer - Best deal?

Options
  • 01-03-2017 6:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭

Thinking of leaving Bord Gais and joining Electric Ireland, mainly for their Nest deal. Want a nest and Bord Gais dont have any deal with it. Ill be using just electricity.
    anyway Im wondering what the best option is

1. Join Electric Ireland and get an installed Nest for 99 euro
    2. Join Electric Ireland and as a new customer get the 175 euro 'switching' bonus. Then pay for the nest as an existing customer which is 199 euro, ]
    3. Join electric Ireland as a new customer, get 175 switching bonus and get the 'home comfort bundle'. Nest installed and boiler service for 250. 

I presume option 2 and 3 are still open for me if i get the 175 switching bonus?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi maynooth_rules,

Many thanks for your interest in Electric Ireland.

Yes, option 2 and 3 are indeed open to you if you switch to Electric Ireland for the rolling 5.5% units saving (for having direct debit and Online Billing) and the €175 switching bonus credit.

If you choose option 2, it will just be a matter of waiting until your account is live.

You can switch on the Electric Ireland website - it takes a maximum of 20 working days for a switch to complete.

The Home Services team can organise the Nest package for you later on. They are available on 1850 372 333 until 6pm Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays).

If you need further information from us here on Boards, please let us know.

Kind regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭maynooth_rules

Thanks for getting back to me.
    You may not know the answer to this but if you can it would be great. We have three floors. so two heating systems and hot water. Can the nest be used to switch off heaters for the top floors and just have it on for the bottom floor and vice versa??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Electric Ireland: Brige N

Hi maynooth_rules,

Thanks for getting in touch.

The best people to direct this query to would be the Electric Ireland Home Services team on 1850 372 333. They can be called from 8am to 6pm, Monday to Friday.

Should you have any other queries regarding Electric Ireland, please let us know.

Thanks,
    Brige

________

• Registered Users Posts: 20 fj4400

Thinking of leaving Bord Gais and joining Electric Ireland, mainly for their Nest deal. Want a nest and Bord Gais dont have any deal with it. Ill be using just electricity. anyway Im wondering what the best option is

Just an fyi ... I contacted bord gais 12 months ago and explained I wanted a smart thermostat ... was planning to move to get the nest one through EI ... after 3 weeks of talking to them ... they gave me a free hive on a 12 month sign up with discount ... EI were offering free nest on 2 year contract but no discount ... worth a phone call if not too late

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭maynooth_rules

Thank you, will try that

• Advertisement
Advertisement