Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hand foot and mouth

Options
  • 01-03-2017 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭

Anyone got this lately? Just wondering how long it lasted? Also does it occur on arms and legs or just confined to hand, feet and mouth?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭2xj3hplqgsbkym

My kids had it in the summer, blisters in mouth and throat and around mouth ( like a very bad dribbling rash) nowhere else.
    Baby had very bad rash on bum.

Some adults in the extended family got it too, very painful blisters on hands and feet.
    High temps , tired. Recovered in under a week, adults maybe 2 or 3 weeks.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

It all depends, my little lad got it twice last year and first time was 2 weeks to get over it. 2nd time was just under a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭cb7

Thanks
    Pretty sure that is what he has. Going to the Dr tomorrow to confirm as it is on his arms and legs as well. He has had chickenpox before.
    Thought maybe it could be scarlet fever.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

cb7 wrote: »
    Thanks
    Pretty sure that is what he has. Going to the Dr tomorrow to confirm as it is on his arms and legs as well. He has had chickenpox before.
    Thought maybe it could be scarlet fever.

My lad had them down his arms and legs and on his private bits too. Just depends on the spread before its caught really. Plenty of fluids if possible will help :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

My lad has had it three times, presenting different each time. First time we thought it was chicken pox, doc said it could be either or. (He got chicken pox a few months later with his sisters then!), second it was just his hands, feet and mouth, third it was hands, feet, mouth and bum.

• Advertisement
Advertisement