Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electrical Safety

Options
  • 01-03-2017 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi Guys,

I know i have seen this somewhere, but is there a minimum clearance between indoor electrical panels and another fixed object i.e. electrical panels on machines and distance to another static object such as another machine or a wall.

If anyone knows the safe clearance (i think its for 'throw back' distance in cause of electrical discharge that throws someone back) and where to find the information. I think the british Standards has it, not sure which one. Is there anything in Irish regs, etc. Any help appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭dolittle

1.5 metres

• Registered Users Posts: 3 User7012

dolittle wrote: »
    1.5 metres

Thank you. Just to make my pitch to management more robust, do you know where that figure comes from I.e. Code of practice BS, etc

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭ptogher14

dolittle wrote: »
    1.5 metres

Is throwback not 1200mm? I stand to be corrected

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭ptogher14

User7012 wrote: »
    Thank you. Just to make my pitch to management more robust, do you know where that figure comes from I.e. Code of practice BS, etc

It is an etci reg. As far as I remember it's 1200mm but could be wrong

Advertisement