Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a summer job (over 16, under 18)

• 01-03-2017 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello. Basically my mum's been going off at me to get a job around Sumner so that I can earn some money. Been looking online for stuff and finding nothing. I'm 15 right now and doing my junior cert this year but by the time that's done I'll be 16. I was wondering where I'd be allowed to work because I know that after 16 you're allowed to get a part time job. Would I be allowed to work in a pub? Or maybe the cinema? I've no previous experience in any job, paid or unpaid. If anyone could tell me where I'd be able to work that'd be great. Additionally if anyone's hiring around summer in Ennis, Clare, I'd be happy to help, especially with the Fleadh going on.

P. S. Not sure what other forum to put this in so I put it under Clare

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Call to bars, restaurants, hotels and present yourself to the managers/owners.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭black & white

You might think about cleaning windows if you have a ladder, we had a Cleaner for a few years but he has stopped calling around and no other window cleaner has called in over a year (in Shannon) you could make 15 quid for your average 3 bed house and 20 for the larger ones, beats the shi'ite out of collecting glasses or cleaning toilets.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭babygirlz

Ryan's centra and Osullivan Hansbury shop advertised recently for staff. Try the WestCounty as they seem to take on staff regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭babygirlz

Ryan's centra and Osullivan Hansbury shop advertised recently for staff. Try the WestCounty as they seem to take on staff regularly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,205 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Can't speak for Ennis but there's loads of young people working here in Cafe's, shops and other things in West Clare. I'd say make up a good CV and hand it into to as many places as you can.

• Advertisement
Advertisement