Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business Exemption from RTB registration

Options
  • 01-03-2017 8:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

I've been a tenant for 2 years.

My residence is located on the bottom floor of a business. The entire floor is "mine". I have a separate entrance from a side street/separate mailbox and never see or walk through the business.

I recently found out this residence used to be registered w/ RTB but no longer is. I'm trying to ascertain whether theres reason for this property to be excluded based on the "business dwellings" exemption? If so, why would it have been registered?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

The building shouldn't be registered, your tenancy should be. This is independent to the business premises in the building with you. Keep in mind not being registered doesn't affect your tenancy rights.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Sputnikk23

In other words, my tenancy is required to be registered despite being "attached" to a business?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Sputnikk23 wrote: »
    In other words, my tenancy is required to be registered despite being "attached" to a business?

Your tenancy- providing you are living in the property- is nothing whatsoever to do with any other business being conducted in the building- and is legally obliged to be registered with the RTB.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Sputnikk23

Thank you

Advertisement