Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl Wilton

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

roundymac wrote: »
    Somebody has got their facts wrong. I was out in CUH yesterday and the construction signs are for a Pedeatric unit for the CUH, not a Lidl store.

That's next door on the hospital site.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

There is a lidl sign on the boarding outside the site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭boardsuser1

What amazes me is they were originally 2 Petrol stations, topaz/Lehane motors demolished for aldi, the Lidl site was Esso upto 15 years ago and a few other things since then. The nearest petrol stations now are Maxol on the Glasheen road or Texaco in firgrove.

With the hospital so close a petrol station couldn't do anything but make business there unless Tesco still harbour hopes of another application for a petrol station.

The 2 bungalows are knocked about a fortnight now.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Soccarboy11

KC161 wrote: »
    What amazes me is they were originally 2 Petrol stations, topaz/Lehane motors demolished for aldi, the Lidl site was Esso upto 15 years ago and a few other things since then. The nearest petrol stations now are Maxol on the Glasheen road or Texaco in firgrove.

With the hospital so close a petrol station couldn't do anything but make business there unless Tesco still harbour hopes of another application for a petrol station.

The 2 bungalows are knocked about a fortnight now.

Theres a texaco right by the bishopstown bar

• Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

That's Firgrove.

• Advertisement

Yeah, Firgrove it is or was called.

That only reopened in the last year or 2 having been shut for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Soccarboy11

jimgoose wrote: »
    That's Firgrove.

right, clearly i've just woken up :p, didnt even see that you said texaco :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

with lovely chips in there

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭bigbrotherfan

The Lidl site is now totally excavated, leveled and ready for building. It should be opened some time during the summer. Aldi, once they had the site ready and excavated, went up really quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,587 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Has anybody any update on how this is going?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Mumha

It's flying up. They had the massive windows up in the front of it, when I passed by a couple of days ago. If I'm passing today, I'll take a pic.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Massive progress...

424950.jpg

grogi wrote: »
    Massive progress...

424950.jpg

I don't know what's more eye catching, the new store or the old Fiesta :pac:

grogi wrote: »
    Massive progress...

424950.jpg

Ha, beat me to it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭blindsider

This looks significantly different to the Lidl in Togher - it's one of the 'new model' stores....

http://www.independent.ie/regionals/goreyguardian/news/new-lidl-opens-in-gorey-this-thursday-31565633.html

blindsider wrote: »
    This looks significantly different to the Lidl in Togher - it's one of the 'new model' stores....

http://www.independent.ie/regionals/goreyguardian/news/new-lidl-opens-in-gorey-this-thursday-31565633.html

The new one in Churchfield is the same on the outside anyway.

Lidl are applying to knock and rebuild a good few of their stores around the country. However planning an issue.

blindsider wrote: »

I suspect part of the issue with Wilton was the footprint - the entire ground floor looks to be given over to parking.

Mumha wrote: »
    I suspect part of the issue with Wilton was the footprint - the entire ground floor looks to be given over to parking.

This is how Lidl appears to be building there stores now!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

Any information on an opening date?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Motormadcork

EoghanIRL wrote: »

Looks like it is nearly ready to be opened. I'd say 2-3 weeks and it'll be up and running

• Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Looks like it is nearly ready to be opened. I'd say 2-3 weeks and it'll be up and running

I'm told it'll be open inside of ten days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Loire

I think traffic will get very busy there with Aldi, Tesco/Wilton and hospital within stone's throw. The change of lights from the at the Wilton / CUH exists going along that road are very quick...

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Motormadcork

Loire wrote: »
    I think traffic will get very busy there with Aldi, Tesco/Wilton and hospital within stone's throw. The change of lights from the at the Wilton / CUH exists going along that road are very quick...

Have you been there recently ? It's like a bottle neck! and to top it off people are using the road adjacent to the guard station to turn around after they have left aldi. To head back toward the wilting roundabout.

Have you been there recently ? It's like a bottle neck! and to top it off people are using the road adjacent to the guard station to turn around after they have left aldi. To head back toward the wilting roundabout.

It's amazing those workers are allowed park their vans in the middle of the road between Aldi and Lidl. The Gardaí mustn't be getting out much !!!

Mumha wrote: »
    It's amazing those workers are allowed park their vans in the middle of the road between Aldi and Lidl. The Gardaí mustn't be getting out much !!!

Only yards from the station? :confused:

I'm sure they see it going to/from work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Only yards from the station? :confused:

I'm sure they see it going to/from work.

They could nearly reach an arm out the window and slap on a ticket

• Registered Users Posts: 86,660 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Has it any parking?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,007 ✭✭✭opus

Was in that neck of the woods to visit my dentist at lunchtime, it looks like just the internal fit-out on it left to finish off.

427182.jpg

Advertisement