Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't get Fibre, after area going live and Eir rep calling to home and signing us up!

Options
  • 01-03-2017 11:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

My area was due to go live on the 22nd of February with install supposedly commencing on the 8th of March.  

There have been KN and Diffusion work men directly outside my home for the past number of months and I asked them what exactly were they doing one random morning, and they said they were installing fibre.

On the 2nd of Feb, an eir Rep called to our home giving us a breakdown of what was happening and said fibre was coming to our home and signed us up. 

On the the 27th of Feb, we received an email stating that eir have been trying to contact me via telephone/mobile (even though they didn't) and I was to contact them as soon as possible or risk "having our order cancelled". I rang the next day and found that we were ineligible, and I quote such problem "happens to 10 in 100 houses" and that it had something to do with our "eircode" which to me makes absolutely zero sense as everyone else around me are eligible. 

The line checker using our telephone gives us our current speeds and the same applies to my eligible neighbors. When typing in my address instead of a telephone number, it says that fiber is coming to my area.

I am really annoyed to say the least, especially when you call to my home and having us sign up with confidence that we are getting fibre which we so desperately need. 5mbps is simply not good enough in this day and age. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

John1993W wrote: »
    My area was due to go live on the 22nd of February with install supposedly commencing on the 8th of March.  

There have been KN and Diffusion work men directly outside my home for the past number of months and I asked them what exactly were they doing one random morning, and they said they were installing fibre.

On the 2nd of Feb, an eir Rep called to our home giving us a breakdown of what was happening and said fibre was coming to our home and signed us up. 

On the the 27th of Feb, we received an email stating that eir have been trying to contact me via telephone/mobile (even though they didn't) and I was to contact them as soon as possible or risk "having our order cancelled". I rang the next day and found that we were ineligible, and I quote such problem "happens to 10 in 100 houses" and that it had something to do with our "eircode" which to me makes absolutely zero sense as everyone else around me are eligible. 

The line checker using our telephone gives us our current speeds and the same applies to my eligible neighbors. When typing in my address instead of a telephone number, it says that fiber is coming to my area.

I am really annoyed to say the least, especially when you call to my home and having us sign up with confidence that we are getting fibre which we so desperately need. 5mbps is simply not good enough in this day and age. 
    Hi John1993W,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I'm sorry to hear this and I can understand your frustration, unfortunately not all customers will be able to avail of the efibre service. Can you PM me the order details and I'll double check this for you.

Thanks,
    Pamela 

Advertisement