Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tax. Prsi. Usc. BOSS

Options
  • 02-03-2017 12:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I have discovered this week that my boss hasn't been paying prsi or usc for the job that i have been working at full-time for 18 months.

I only realised this when I went to citizens advise because I thought something wasnt right when every time we ask for a pay slip or mention holiday pay we are ignored. I also heard she owed thousands to the revenue so needed to find out for myself. I was told there is no records of me ever working here or ever paying tax in Ireland for the last 18 months. Going by my hours and wage I have been paying tax every single week since i started.
    I have no idea where to go from here, it's so hard to stay knowing what's been going on after trusting your boss with your money. Is there anything i can ask for to prove I have been working and paying taxes all this time?
    Thanks In advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,970 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Warn your colleagues. Hunt for a new job elsewhere ASAP. Your call which order you do those things in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

Op, be careful what you wish for.

You are liable for income tax/state levies on your income, not your employer. Your employer is only liable for employers PRSI. Unless your tax/levies are being deducted each week from your wage, then you will be liable for paying those taxes/levies when you inform Revenue. In effect your employer may have been paying you a gross wage and you may now have to pay the tax/levies, not your employer. So think carefully how you want to play this.

Are you certain the deductions have been made from your gross pay?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Mod:
    OP don't start two threads on the same topic in two forums.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement