Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terrible love

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Huzzah!

[
    This route is starting to annoy me though as I constantly seem to get to the Dart line just as the gates go down. Ended up running through the Dart station and over the bridge on the way back as I didn't want to be standing waiting for 5 mins, didn't seem to need a ticket which was good to know for future reference.

Ingenious!

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Pomplamousse

Murph_D wrote: »
    Excellent first couple of weeks, well done. As you say though, watch that easy/long run pace. 10-20% slower than MP, if I remember correctly. Make sure it’s at LEAST 10% slower if it’s suppised to be an easy LR (don’t worry, there will be plenty of harder LRs in due course!)

Thanks a mill. 16 miles easy is the plan for this weekend so I'm going to aim for about 10 minutes per mile.
    MP miles being incorporated into the long run rear their head for the first time the following week:o

Huzzah! wrote: »
    Ingenious!

Hehe I was very impatient. Thought I'd have to hop a barrier or two but that didn't seem to be the case.

Meno plan week 3 of 17

Monday: 6 miles easy. 9:59/mile.
    Splits 9:44, 9:55, 10:10, 9:55, 10:02, 10:08.
    Had signed up for the DCU RISC study this evening and knew the only way I'd get both that and a run done would be to run to DCU. Kept it easy and mostly in the shade so that I wouldn't arrive a sweaty mess. Was nice to run a route I never usually do.
    Enjoyed taking part in the study. They were really nice and thankfully they couldn't see any major flaws with my running style.

Tuesday: Tempo run. 11 miles at 9:22/mile.
    2 mile w/u: 10:38, 10:34
    2 miles tempo: 7:53, 7:46
    0.5 mile rec: 5:39
    2 miles tempo: 7:40, 8:01
    0.5 mile rec: 6:13
    2 miles tempo: 7:57, 8:01
    2 miles c/d: 11:30, 11:12

Instructions were for the tempo pace to be between 10 mile and HM pace. It was very warm and sunny so I decided to go for HM pace. Was aiming for a 1:45 half back in April, which would've been 8min/mile, although never actually did it due to injury, but decided to go with that speed for this session.
    Wasn't feeling this at all. Started off bad as my one remaining working earphone started to crackle straight away so would have no music to keep me company for the next 11 miles . Legs felt tired and during the warmup I was dreading having to speed up.
    Felt ok for the first rep but a bit fast.
    There was a good bit of downhill for the first mile of rep 2 and uphill for the second mile, and started to really struggle during that second mile. Thought it would never end. Was also running into a breeze which didn't help.
    Rep 3 got worse. Still had that breeze against me but it was also very warm and started to feel nauseous, thought I was going to vomit at one point. Thinking about lemons and icecubes always helps me in these situations:pac: Just about held on to complete the tempo miles.
    Thankfully there was a shop very close to where the tempo part ended so bought a bottle of water as I was so thirsty. Could only manage a few sips at first as my stomach was still feeling a bit unsettled.
    Felt like I was crawling home for the cooldown miles.

Overall was disappointed with that session. Conditions weren't ideal but definitely would not have been able to run at that pace for 13.1 miles:o

Wednesday: 4 miles recovery. 10:53/mile.
    Splits 10:58, 10:58, 10:51, 10:47.
    Tired legs but started to feel a bit better as the run went on.

Thursday: 6 miles easy. 9:55/mile.
    Splits 9:45, 9:58, 9:58, 10:00, 9:56, 9:53.
    Fairly uneventful run. Another warm one but more cloud cover and overall felt grand.

Friday: rest

Saturday: 16 miles easy. 9:59/mile.
    Splits 9:39, 9:59, 9:54, 10:04, 10:10, 9:50, 10:04, 10:03, 9:57, 10:03, 10:13, 10:05, 9:57, 10:07, 9:53, 9:44.
    Got out for this at about 9.30am and was cursing myself for not going earlier. Felt a lot warmer than usual for that time of morning. Decided to run to Clontarf, completely forgetting the half marathon was on. Ran along the grass to stay out of the way of those racing but I quickly reached my half way point so when I turned around I was running in the same direction as the racers. So for a km or two, I kinda felt like I was in the race. Conveniently, those running near me were going at an almost identical pace to mine so I was never tempted to speed up. Continued on straight as they all veered to the right to the finish line and seeing everyone around me with water bottles made me suddenly feel really thirsty. Made a quick stop at a garage about a mile later for a water bottle.
    Legs started to ache a little in the last couple of miles but nothing major. Had planned on slowing my pace to about 10 minutes per mile for this as previous LSRs were a bit faster, but actually I think I would've struggled to run this any faster than I did.
    Was glad to get it done. My longest run since DCM 2016!

Sunday: rest

Total week 3 mileage: 43 miles.
    Meno's prescribed mileage: 40-46 miles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭eyrie

Sounds like a really solid week to me. I know you weren't happy with the session but you averaged quicker than you were planning and trying to do any kind of hard effort in this weather is so difficult, particularly the longer, sustained kind of stuff. And your long run went great!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,457 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Don’t know why you’re unhappy with the session. It’s a difficult one, and you hit your paces. Did much better than I did the first time around - had a similar target to you but only hit the pace on the first rep. Just pulled this from my own history:

Target: 3 x 3.2k @ 5:00 (8m/mile) HR 172 (90%)

1. 5:04 (8:09) HR 167 (86%)
    2. 5:07 (8:14) HR 174 (91%)
    3. 5:17 (8:30) HR 178 (94%)

Verdict: It was freakin hot, and I found this pretty difficult. On a positive note, I didn't puke afterwards.

Similar conditions too. Good work!

eyrie wrote: »
    Sounds like a really solid week to me. I know you weren't happy with the session but you averaged quicker than you were planning and trying to do any kind of hard effort in this weather is so difficult, particularly the longer, sustained kind of stuff. And your long run went great!

Thanks:) Yeah hopefully you're right and the weather had a big effect on the effort I was feeling in the session run. I've been loving this heatwave apart from when I've to run fast.
    Delighted to get that long run done, it had been so long since I'd run that far and it sounded more daunting to me than it actually ended up being.
    Don’t know why you’re unhappy with the session. It’s a difficult one, and you hit your paces. Did much better than I did the first time around - had a similar target to you but only hit the pace on the first rep. Just pulled this from my own history:

Similar conditions too. Good work!

Thanks. I think I was unhappy with the session as I wasn't expecting it to feel so hard, as back in April I was going to attempt to run at that pace for 13.1 miles:o Raging that I never got to do that half marathon so I've no idea how feasible it was.
    But yeah, as you and eyrie said, I probably underestimated the effects of the heat. I feel a lot better about it knowing you found that session very tough too.
    Glad to hear you managed to avoid a puking episode too:D

HM pace only ever feels easy during a HM, and even then only for the first few miles. You’ve chosen an ambitious target and none of those sessions will feel easy. But you’ve nailed the first few weeks. Recover well - staying fit is the big challenge at this stage.

HM pace only ever feels easy during a HM, and even then only for the first few miles. You’ve chosen an ambitious target and none of those sessions will feel easy. But you’ve nailed the first few weeks. Recover well - staying fit is the big challenge at this stage.

I need to learn to embrace the pain:D

Legs are quite tired this week so I'm glad it's a step back week. And I'll be on holidays for the following 2 weeks so only easy runs then. So should hopefully come home feeling refreshed before beginning meno week 5.

I need to learn to embrace the pain:D
    If you figure that one out please share!! :pac:

• Advertisement

If you figure that one out please share!! :pac:

Few tips here. Meno plan covers the progression run anyway.

Interesting article, thanks. Must try some of those shock intervals post marathon training.

Meno plan week 4 of 17

Monday: 6 miles easy. 10:05/mile.
    Splits 10:02, 10:00, 10:07, 10:08, 10:17, 9:57.

Legs felt tired and effort felt harder than usual for that pace. Not sure why as yesterday was a rest day and only did a small bit of walking. Foam rolled in the evening.

Tuesday: 10x0.25 miles at 3-5k pace. 7.60 miles at 10:21/mile.

2.25 miles warmup: 10:18, 10:29, 2:45
    10 reps were 1:40, 1:39, 1:42, 1:41, 1:42, 1:42, 1:43, 1:47, 1:45, 1:46.
    2.36 miles cooldown: 10:46, 11:06, 3:57.

Another hot day. Tough but didn't suffer as much as the previous week. This was awkward as my watch is very basic so I couldn't set it to 0.25 mile laps. Hence I had to manually press lap each time. A bit awkward when you're trying to maintain pace but also having to keep checking the watch towards the end of each rep. So each rep is probably plus or minus a few seconds. Walked during the 60sec recoveries, although they were all more like about 70sec.
    More foam rolling in the evening.

Wednesday: 4 miles recovery. 10:50/mile.
    Splits 10:41, 10:48, 10:48, 11:04.
    First overcast run in a long time. Thought I even felt a few raindrops at one stage but it didn't last long. Tired legs but nothing major.

Thursday: 5 miles easy. 10:03/mile.
    Splits 9:57, 10:10, 10:11, 10:00, 10:00.

Legs still a bit tired and effort still a bit higher than usual.

Friday: 10 miles. 2m easy, 6m MP, 2m easy. 9:11/mile.
    Splits 9:26, 9:54, 8:39, 8:58, 8:52, 8:47, 8:47, 8:45, 9:36, 9:59.
    Was aiming for 10 minute miles for easy miles and 9 minute miles for MP miles.
    Ended up running the first mile way too fast as garmin was going a bit haywire with the pace jumping all over the place so I wasn't sure what pace I was doing. It gradually settled.
    A bit fast for most of the MP miles but I just went with it as I didn't want to end up running them too slow and knew this would be my last run for a few days so plenty of time for recovery. Felt ok overall but legs were getting quite tired towards the end.

Total week 4 mileage: 32.6 miles (although approx a mile of that was walking rather than running, during the Tuesday session recoveries).
    Meno's prescribed mileage: 30-33 miles.

Wanted to get all 5 runs done by Friday as going on holidays very early Saturday morning. Not ideal but it worked out well since this was a step-back week. A small bit concerning that the effort felt harder this week for my easy runs, maybe the mileage increase of the past few weeks has been a bit too much:confused:
    Away for 2 weeks now and going off plan. I'll be hot so I'm just going to do easy runs. Going to aim for about 30 miles each week. Will probably be doing lots of walking and hiking so not worried about losing fitness. Hopefully my legs will come back feeling rejuvenated.

It’s not unusual to feel a bit tired a few weeks in, when the intensity and the cumulative fatigue begins to kick in. Bank it and enjoy the hols.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,427 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Have a good break, stay hydrated...

Should probably record my holiday running although it didn't quite go to plan. Was aiming for approx 30 miles for each of the 2 weeks.

Week 1
    Monday: 6 miles easy. Followed by what turned out to be a 7hr hike. Didn't enjoy the run. Hardly any footpaths so having to run on main roads wasn't fun. And the heat! Ran along Kotor bay which is stunning. Hike was great.

Tuesday: no running but approx 4 hours of sea kayaking. Weirdly my arms were fine the next day but my legs were quite sore.

Wednesday: 6 miles easy. 9:59/mile. Ran a different route along the bay to Monday and this was much nicer as there was hardly any traffic.

Thursday: 6 miles easy. 9:48/mile. Same route as yesterday.

Saturday: 10 miles easy. 11:00/mile. A change of location to further south and the running situation was just as bad. Didn't want to run on very trafficky roads so did 2 reps of a 3 mile loop and 2 reps of a 2 mile loop. Very very hilly so was very slow for some miles.

Sunday: 6 miles easy. 11:58/mile. Another change of location. Up north to the mountains and Durmitor national park. Thought this was going to be a flat route but turned out to be very rough in parts, lots of rocks and large tree roots. So another slow one. But beautiful scenery.

Week 1: 34 miles total

Week 2

0 miles total

Lol. :o:(:eek::mad:

Was kind of getting fed up of having to fit in runs when on holidays, especially since it was impossible to find decent routes. Wasn't feeling great on the Tuesday so that didn't help things and decided feck it, wasn't going to bother any more for the week. Last few days of hols were in Dubrovnik which is super hilly so knew it wouldn't be fun there either so didn't even bother trying to run. Oh well. Feel a bit guilty but I've moved on. Got lots of walking in at least.

On to meno week 5 now.

Meno plan week 5 of 17

Monday: 5 miles easy. 10:12/mile.
    Splits 10:20, 10:21, 10:09, 10:10, 10:00.
    Not a good run. Terrible night of sleep the night before and ended up with a trip to the Dr and having to start a week long course of antibiotics. Started to feel a bit better in the evening so decided to try a run, but I had very little energy and hated this run.

Tuesday: 90 mins progression run. 10 miles at 9:26/mile.

20 mins easy:
    Planned pace: 10:00/mile
    Actual: 9:48, 9:55, 0:19 (0.03miles)

20mins steady:
    Planned pace: 9:30/mile
    Actual: 9:24, 9:24, 1:12 (0.12miles=10:00/mile)

20 mins MP:
    Planned pace: 9/mile
    Actual: 8:50, 8:43, 2:26 (0.27miles=9:00/mile)

10 mins HMP:
    Planned pace: 8/mile
    Actual: 7:37, 2:23 (0.3miles=7:57/mile)

20 mins recovery
    No planned pace
    Actual: 10:02, 11:17, 2:57 (0.26 miles)

I was a bit wary of this run considering how yesterday's went so decided I'd see how it went and abort early on if necessary. But actually felt grand. Legs suddenly felt very tired and sore when I got to the 20mins recovery though. Bumped into an old housemate during the last mile so slowed down a bit and did an awkward slow run alongside her fast walk while we caught up.

Wednesday: 5 miles recovery. 10:53/mile.
    Splits 11:05, 10:52, 10:50, 10:45, 10:51.
    Tired but ok.

Thursday: 6 miles easy. 9:52/mile.
    Splits 9:55, 9:51, 9:45, 10:03, 9:52, 9:47.
    It's pretty bad that I have no recollection of this run whatsoever. But pace is a bit quicker than Monday so must've had more energy.

Saturday: 18 miles easy. 9:46/mile.
    Splits 10:00, 9:39, 9:43, 9:57, 9:47, 9:47, 9:49, 9;56, 9:50, 9:52, 9:52, 9:41, 9:36, 9:44, 9:41, 9:42, 9:22, 9:49.
    Had been dreading this run as the high mileage runs always sound so daunting to me. But wasn't half as bad as expected, legs were a bit achey towards the end but nothing major.
    Going to try taking gels for this marathon (used jellytots for DCM 2016) so tried out my first one today, around mile 15.5. No ill effects so next week I'll try taking one a bit earlier. Have just been having a banana for breakfast before all my long runs so far so in the next few weeks I'll try out something bigger as I'll obviously need it for race day.

Sunday: 2 miles recovery. 10:51/mile.
    Splits 10:54, 10:48.

Total week 5 mileage: 46 miles.
    Meno's prescribed mileage: 44-50 miles.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,427 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Good on ya for throwing in some holiday miles.

Are you feeling better now? Super week's training there but being put on antibiotics definitely justifies some rest too if needed! You know yourself obviously ;)
    Well done on the long run especially - 18 miles still sounds terrifying to me!

Good on ya for throwing in some holiday miles.

Thanks! Didn't quite go to plan in week 2 but I guess there was no point torturing myself attempting to do crappy and difficult runs when holidays are to be enjoyed:)
    Are you feeling better now? Super week's training there but being put on antibiotics definitely justifies some rest too if needed! You know yourself obviously ;)
    Well done on the long run especially - 18 miles still sounds terrifying to me!

Much better thanks, the antibiotics kicked in really quickly. They just made me feel a bit woozy for the first 24 hours or so but then I was grand so didn't bother with any rest days.
    I think 18 miles will always sound terrifying to me:o Have another 18 to do this weekend and I'm already dreading it even though I know last week's one went fine:pac: You're not far off it yourself and you're doing such great mileage that it'll definitely be no bother to you!

• Advertisement

Meno plan week 6 of 17

Monday: 6 miles easy. 9:52/mile.
    Splits 10:15, 10:08, 9:42, 9:52, 9:45, 9:30.

Tuesday: 12 miles. 2x4 miles @MP.
    Aiming for MP to be 9/mile.

1.5 miles easy: 10:00, 4:56
    4 miles MP: 8:53, 8:49, 8:43, 8:48
    1 mile easy: 9:59
    4 miles MP: 8:49, 8:54, 8:47, 8:37.
    1.5 miles easy: 10:06, 5:23.

Hit the pace I wanted in all the MP miles, even slightly fast, which I was happy with. Started to doubt myself a bit though as I really can't imagine running at that pace for 26.2 miles:eek: Not sure how comfortable MP should be feeling at this point:confused:

Wednesday: 4 miles recovery. 10:31/mile.
    Splits 10:36, 10:37, 10:26, 10:26.
    As soon as I got home from this run I realised I'd been wearing my tshirt back to front. My brain:o The funny looks I got from a few runners during the run finally made sense.

Thursday: 6 miles easy. 9:49/mile.
    Splits 9:44, 9:52, 9:49, 9:51, 9:45, 9:54.

Saturday: 18 miles easy. 9:42/mile.
    Splits 9:53, 9:36, 9:53, 9:45, 9:44, 9:34, 9:42, 9:58, 9:42, 9:38, 9:37, 9:38, 9:55, 9:41, 9:33, 9:41, 9:36, 9:29.
    Found this tougher than last week's 18 miler. Legs were a bit achier towards the end and couldn't wait to finish. I guess legs were a bit fresher last week after my week off. Going to slow down the pace a bit for next week's 20 miler.

Sunday: 2 miles recovery. 10:54/mile.
    Splits 11:06, 10:39.

Total week 6 mileage: 48 miles.
    Meno's prescribed mileage: 40-50 miles.

Went for gait analysis again today and bought a new pair of Asics. Hopefully I've no issues with them. Had to go up 2 sizes from my regular shoe size!!

I found this Sunday a bit tougher too, body is a bit rusty sometimes.

Re back to front - just tell people your name is Essuomalpmop. :pac:

Re back to front - just tell people your name is Essuomalpmop. :pac:

Hehe :pac:

Meno plan week 7 of 17

Monday: 6 miles easy. 9:58/mile.
    Splits 9:56, 10:07, 10:07, 10:04, 9:49, 9:46.
    Got a bit worried on this run, had a bit of an ache in my leg that showed no sign of subsiding. Have been very lax with my foam rolling lately so took that and my sliotar out that evening and went to town on massaging.

Tuesday: 12 miles. (1m@9:20, 1m@8:40) x4.
    Avg pace 9:22/mile.

2 miles easy: 10:06, 10:24
    Set 1: 8:53, 8:38 (way too fast on the the first mile but in my defence it was mainly downhill and my watch pace was jumping all over the place so I hadn't a notion what pace I was doing).
    Set 2: 9:14, 8:36
    Set 3: 9:19, 8:25
    Set 4: 9:15, 8:32
    2 miles cooldown: 10:20, 10:43.

Was a bit worried about how I'd fare with this as leg still felt a bit sore. Decided I wouldn't do the fast bits if it got bad. Could definitely feel a niggle, particularly on the cooldown, but it didn't seem to get worse. I really enjoyed this and it seemed to fly by. Was against the wind a bit in the second half which made it tougher but never felt too bad.
    More foam rolling and sliotaring in the evening.

Wednesday: 4 miles recovery. 10:46/mile.
    Splits 10:31, 10:40, 10:50, 11:03.
    There was an absolute downpour just as I left the house so got soaked on this. Legs felt less heavy than they usually would on this run and niggle definitely improving. I guess that foam rolling stuff works. Tried out my new runners for the first time. Seemed to be a bit of chaffing on my right foot toes, not sure if the rain played a part:(

Thursday: 6 miles easy. 10:03/mile.
    Splits 10:12, 10:05, 9:59, 10:02, 10:05, 9:55.
    Kept this slower than usual and couldn't feel the niggle at all. Phew.

Saturday: 20 miles easy. 9:51/mile.
    Splits 10:20, 10:15, 10:05, 9:56, 9:47, 9:51, 9:58, 9:23, 9:44, 10:19, 10:15, 9:54, 9:51, 9:33, 9:40, 9:40, 9:45, 9:36, 9:38, 9:39.
    Delighted to get this done. Ran from Milltown to Enniskerry and back so a good bit of uphill and downhill parts which explains the variation in mile splits. The last few miles were downhill which was good psychologically. Tried out a gel at mile 15. Got a few stomach cramps within a few minutes but they subsided after about 5 mins. A bit worrying. I'll try taking 2 gels on a long run soon and if I have similar issues I might try a different fuel strategy.
    Overall this run was tiring but nowhere near as hard as I remember the 20 milers being during DCM 2016 training.

Sunday: Rest. Didn't have time to do a recovery run in the morning. Was walking around then for most of the day so thought rest might be better than an evening run. Would've been nice to get my first ever 50 mile week but that'll have to wait a bit longer.

Total week 7 mileage: 48 miles.
    Meno's prescribed mileage: 45-55 miles.

This week was a bit of a wake up call in terms of staying on top of foam rolling etc. Week 8 is a stepback in mileage so I think that'll be good for my legs. Have also booked myself a sports massage on Thursday. Hopefully will break in my new runners too as didn't get a chance to wear them again after the Wednesday run.

I wouldn’t be too anxious to hit the mileage target if you’re feeling tired or niggly. Sometimes a shorter session, or extra rest, is the best option!

First time I did this plan I actually only aimed for 90 percent of the mileage as I was coming off a low base. It still worked! ;)

Nice going though.

I wouldn’t be too anxious to hit the mileage target if you’re feeling tired or niggly. Sometimes a shorter session, or extra rest, is the best option!

First time I did this plan I actually only aimed for 90 percent of the mileage as I was coming off a low base. It still worked! ;)

Nice going though.

Thanks. That's encouraging to hear :)

I'm enjoying the plan but so glad this week is a stepback week:D

Fair play Pomplamousse, a 12 mile session and a 20 miler in the same week sounds properly intimidating.

Foam rolling works wonders doesn't it? I think I need to start putting reminders in my phone or something!

Foam rolling works wonders doesn't it? I think I need to start putting reminders in my phone or something!

It really is the business. After my niggly Monday run I was practically cancelling my marathon plans and by Thursday I barely remembered which part of my leg had been niggly:D
    But yeah, definitely need to keep it up over the next few weeks.

Meno plan week 8 of 17

Monday: 4 miles easy. 9:56/mile.
    Splits 10:04, 10:04, 9:55, 9:42.
    Legs were quite tired. Tried new runners again and no issues this time.

Tuesday: 8 miles (4@HMP)
    Avg pace 9:09/mile.

2 miles easy: 10:18, 10:09
    4 miles HMP: 7:45, 7:59, 7:57, 7:51.
    2 miles cooldown: 10:33, 10:37.

Was aiming for HMP to be 8min/mile.
    Another tough session, the sun came out and it felt very humid so I got thirsty very quickly.

Wednesday: 4.30 miles recovery. 10:42/mile.
    Splits 10:41, 10:46, 10:45, 10:37, 3:14.

Thursday: 3 miles easy. 9:56/mile.
    Splits 10:07, 9:55, 9:45.
    Had a physio session booked for the evening so needed to get up early to get this done before work. Shudder. Was nice seeing mainly empty roads but I felt cold.
    To make matters worse, bf had come down with a sore throat followed by a head cold earlier in the week and I started to feel the first signs of a scratchy throat during this run :(:(

Sports massage after work. Hadn't had one in a long time and I'd forgotten what torture they are. On the plus side the pysio didn't think my legs were crazy bad. Tight muscles but nothing more than she would expect from someone marathon training.

Friday: rest from running. Ouchy throat. Head cold setting in.

Saturday: 14 miles easy. 9:58/mile.
    Splits 9:52, 9:52, 9:58, 10:05, 10:03, 9:51, 10:22, 10:06, 10:05, 9:46, 10:02, 9:48, 9:52, 9:50.
    Almost skipped this. Woke up thinking my head was going to explode (I get very dramatic when it comes to head colds). Took some ibuprofen, which isn't ideal to take before a run but I figured it was my only hope. Felt a bit better so sucked it up and went for it. Was feeling extra sorry for myself as having run all my recent long runs with my bf, he had gone away for the weekend so I was on my own for this one. Thankfully I didn't feel too bad once I got going and survived the 14 miles. Thank feck for it being a step back week. Felt achy all over for the rest of the day.

Sunday: Rest. Still a bit sniffly but feeling much better than yesterday.

Total week 8 mileage: 33.3 miles.
    Meno's prescribed mileage: 30-35 miles.

That step back week came at a good time as I'm not sure I could've managed much more mileage when I wasn't feeling great. Hopefully I'm over the worst of it now as week 9 of the plan looks interesting. Almost halfway there!

• Advertisement

Sliotar duty for the rest of the plan?

Advertisement