Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

07 Octavia seems unstable

• 02-03-2017 2:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭

Hi guys just looking for some advice. My dad's octavia 07 seems very unstable at the rear. Not so much up and down as sideways. Eg going over a speed bump at say 30 the car seems very wavy and can be quiet scary. Mileage is handy enough and she's been looked after. I had a look at the shocks and they don't look great but pushing down on the boot they behave absolutely fine. Afaik both rear wheels act independently of each other. I hope I'm making sense. Any input appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Any clunking noise when going over speed bumps?

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Polo_Cluvie

Nothing noticeable anyway. It's like a sharp swaying motion..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭Moanin

Sounds like shocks.

What are rear tyres like?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Imbalance in rear suspension set up.

Drive behind and when Octavia brakes you will see car at rear swaying out most likely.

Get it in and mechanics will have it sorted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭johnayo

Jack it up in the back and spin the wheels. Most likely a tyre.(put into first gear and chock the front wheels).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭clogher71

Lateral links in the rear (straightish bar about 30cm long with a bush at either end)could cause this and is a know weak point in the VW family...

Good as new. I got four wheel tracking done 12 months or so ago so really that should be good

As a follow up..near side rear shock is leaking so I'm gonna changel both out. Hopefully that will solve my problem

Advertisement