Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

turas nua

Options
  • 02-03-2017 8:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Hi all..

Really hope someone responds..in a bit of panic...my story is I work part time..3 days a week about 10 hrs a week..I'm with turas nua about a month. She was lovely at first but getting a bit stricter. I explained my situation about I'm working part time and giving her proof that I am trying to turn the 10 hrs into longer as well as applying for jobs abroad to get off SW.

All she keeps saying is I need to find another part time job to make up 30 or quit job I have and find another full time job. It's hard to find another part time job that fits into the free time I have from other job. I'm from a small Irish town with no transport. The part time job I have is one that can potentially lead to more hours but any effort I am making to make this happen is falling on deaf ears.

I'm afraid if I don't apply for full time jobs or find suitable part time jobs or apply for 20 jobs in a small town where there is none...they will cut my money. I tried talking to it and saying its very pressuring all was indicated over and over was we need to get you to 30 hours so we can sign you off SW.

IS ANYONE ELSE IN MY SITUATION...WORKING PART TIME AND CASUAL SW AND DEALING WITH TURAS NUA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 KK84

If you are claiming JSA or JSB. You should be looking for full time work regardless if you are working part time or not. They should be encouraging you to look for full time work and if there is nothing full time in your locality you should consider relocation.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Shinybug

No advice to give unfortunately, just my sympathies.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭infogiver

Have you not been applying for full time jobs?
    If you haven't then you'll have to now or you'll be cut off.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Setanta1234

infogiver wrote: »
    Have you not been applying for full time jobs?
    If you haven't then you'll have to now or you'll be cut off.

I absolutely have been applying for full time jobs as well as other part time jobs to bring me up to full time

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭MFlack2012

I absolutely have been applying for full time jobs as well as other part time jobs to bring me up to full time

I'm in the same boat. I've been finding it much more difficult to find a full time or even part time job while on Tus. I'm getting much more rejection letters right off the bat by telling them I'm currently working for Tus. I have asked my advisor about help gaining even part time work while employed with Tus to cover even a portion of my bills but the emails went ignored.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Teddy101

I fully understand where you are coming from I work part time myself, I am with TN for nearly a year now and still no luck after putting in a huge effort to find work either part time or full time in a number of different areas. It is very frustrating.

Anyone know if there is another program they put you on or what happens after you've been with Turas Nua the year and still have not found employment???

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭zoe 3619

Don't know if it helps,but once your on turas nua your part time employer is entitled to quite a sizable cash incentive if they take you on full time.
    Your advisor should have given you details of this.
    Once you've finished the scheme you're refered back to intreo for a decision on what to do with you next.
    I finished at the beginning of June, and had a letter arrive later the same week about a c.e scheme.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭Golfproam

KK84 wrote: »
    If you are claiming JSA or JSB. You should be looking for full time work regardless if you are working part time or not. They should be encouraging you to look for full time work and if there is nothing full time in your locality you should consider relocation.

Why should one consider relocation? Family, friends, and quality of life are very important. You would have done well as a whip master on a slave ship back in the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Stonedpilot

All you need to know on Seetec, I very through Report I have to say.

http://www.unitedpeople.ie/download/jobpath-a-unitedpeople-report/

• Registered Users Posts: 18,574 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Golfproam wrote: »
    Why should one consider relocation? Family, friends, and quality of life are very important. You would have done well as a whip master on a slave ship back in the day.

Why should one expect to be kept by the tax payer just because you want to stay close to your friends.

Many of us had to move from home and friends to get work and build a better life. Many of us were lucky to be able to move back after years.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Teddy101 wrote: »
    I fully understand where you are coming from I work part time myself, I am with TN for nearly a year now and still no luck after putting in a huge effort to find work either part time or full time in a number of different areas. It is very frustrating.

Anyone know if there is another program they put you on or what happens after you've been with Turas Nua the year and still have not found employment???

They keep sending you round in circles with all of their job labour places. I was with Turas Nua. In December I met with Kilkenny Leader partnership. And now this Morning I got letter sending me back to Turas Nua next week. If they couldn't get me a job the first time do they think second time will be the charm?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,574 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Remember their payment is based partly on the numbers of clients on their books, then an additional payment when they get the client work, then a further final payment if the client remains in work for x period of time.

Statistically the more clients they keep on the books the greater number will get work and so increase revenue.

Advertisement