Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drogheda buying Pearse Park

Options
  • 02-03-2017 9:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hi everyone. I am originally from Drogheda but haven't lived there in 20 years. Thinking of buying in Pearse Park. what is it like as an area? We are a quiet couple in our forties, no children looking for a friendly settled area and a quiet life! Thanks a mill.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Moved from A&P

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭appleb

I have lived in Pearse Park for nearly 15 years now. We are not from Louth so are blow in's!! We are in our late 40's & no children too. I must say I love the area. It is quiet and settled, handy to the town and have the usual facilities close by.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Penguin231

Thanks spoken, really appreciate that, V reassuring , am hoping you are on the cul de sac if the house for sale, preferably next door! Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭blackbird 49

i lived in Pearse Park it was our first house when we got married over 25 years ago, it would be a quiet enough place now mostly older people with the maybe odd exception of younger families as houses come up for sale, and it handy if you want to walk down the town

Thanks so much for that info blackbird 49, much appreciated, it sounds like a great place to live!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭PGE1970

I haven't lived in Pearse Park but know the area well.

It is a great location. You have two medium size shops within 5 minutes walk (McDonnells & Jimmy Matthews), a butcher and a very good chipper. Eurospar is also walkable.

You are near the hospital, a church, 2 chinese takeaways and hairdressers etc. Moore's pub is 5 minutes away and the Punt, Noel Nugents or Grennans are little further. Scholars is also only up the road.

Primary schools very close and St Joes and Greenhills (secondary schools) are also within walking distance.

Town is 10 minutes walk also.

I can't vouch for the houses but location is tip top!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

I hear it's a serious sellers market in Drogheda at the moment.
    I know someone interested in that house in Pearse Park and a lot of bidding on other houses around Drogheda.

So I wouldn't expect anything cheap / under asking price in previously rough areas that are now more mature.

Thanks for the info PGE170, really appreciate​you taking the time to write that. Have now gone sale agreed on the house today! Woohoo! The chipper in particular is a big draw, love it lol have had so much positive feedback.
    Thanks creeping death too, yes definitely seller's market. We had been looking for 6 weeks (intensively), everything going for over asking price, in some cases 30-40k I've asking. (Except for some projects needing massive work) changes in first time buyers rules and help to buy scheme as completely flooded market with buyers, and very very few properties esp houses of any size in market in Drogheda area. About 1/3 houses on daft and myhome are actually SakeAgreed so you (quite rightly) can't even view them.b

If anyone is thinking of selling, it is a good time!

Advertisement