Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windscreen cover, advantages and disadvantages ? Should I make a claim ?

Options
  • 02-03-2017 10:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭

What I thought was a small internal ''line'' on the edge of the windscreen caused my motor to fail its NCT. Apparently the only solution is to get a new windscreen unfortunately.

Is there any downside to claiming for a new windscreen under my windscreen cover such as losing my noclaims bonus or having higher premiums in future either with the same or a new insurer ?

I have a full noclaims bonus at this point and never made any sort of claim. A lot of people are telling me it makes sense to make a claim for a windscreen. Does it make sense in the opinion of the members of this forum ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

What I thought was a small internal ''line'' on the edge of the windscreen caused my motor to fail its NCT. Apparently the only solution is to get a new windscreen unfortunately.

Is there any downside to claiming for a new windscreen under my windscreen cover such as losing my noclaims bonus or having higher premiums in future either with the same or a new insurer ?

I have a full noclaims bonus at this point and never made any sort of claim. A lot of people are telling me it makes sense to make a claim for a windscreen. Does it make sense in the opinion of the members of this forum ?

Windscreen claims do not effect your bonus.

The only way it could potentially cause an issue would be if you had multiple claims ie more than 2 in a couple of years, that could mean other insurers wouldn't quote you.

Other than that though there is no reason not to claim for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,311 ✭✭✭✭endacl

You won't even have to 'claim'. Just phone your insurer and find out what autoglass company they deal with. Give that company a shout and they'll come out and do the job on the spot.

Windscreen cover might just be the only thing Irish insurance companies do well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭masculinist

endacl wrote: »
    Windscreen cover might just be the only thing Irish insurance companies do well.

The very idea that an Irish insurance company can do anything for me except dole out yearly PTSD is hard to believe and prompted this thread.

Keep preaching guys :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

endacl wrote: »
    ...Windscreen cover might just be the only thing Irish insurance companies do well.

Isn't that the truth! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭cplwhisper

Be careful as 123 won't take your NCB but they'll load your policy 10% with claims loading... I kid u not

I had to call them to sus it out for friend and not let on to clerk that I work with the opppsition

Clerk says sure every claims a claim and loadings must apply

• Advertisement
Advertisement