Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I've SWITCHed! - General discussion - WARNING IN POST 1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

sligeach wrote: »

They're living in Cloud Cuckoo Land.

I know, any fool knows they'll only ever sell 109,999,999 if they don't answer some questions about the VC and online, and price it a little more reasonably :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,611 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

If you've a set of red Joy-cons and are thinking they'd look nice in a red Joy-con grip and are also considering buying a matching red PowerA Nintendo Switch Joy-Con Controller Comfort Grip you may want to reconsider that decision. Something went horribly wrong at the factory.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/5459838.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Test fire this morning is horrible. Like a different game. Teleporting and ghost kills etc. Last two times playing were great, today is rotten. Could be my connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

my screen protector has started to bubble/peel a slight bit just under the heat vent anyone else have this happen?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Nintendo says they'll have a big E3! Lots of games!
    “E3 is always a big time for Nintendo. We look at each E3 as a unique opportunity to tell our story. And we’re gonna have a big E3 this year. We’re going to be showcasing a variety of games. We will have experiences for… consumers will be able to attend the show for the very first time. So I’m not gonna tell you all of the various games and all of our little secrets for E3, but I can tell you that E3 is going to be a major opportunity for us to showcase not only Nintendo Switch, but also content coming to Nintendo 3DS.”

http://nintendoeverything.com/reggie-says-nintendo-will-have-a-big-e3-this-year-showcasing-games-for-both-switch-and-3ds/

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Victor McDade

Monster Hunter & Pokemon at E3 all but guarantees a successful first year IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Monster Hunter & Pokemon at E3 all but guarantees a successful first year IMO

No directing this at you per se, but more this general notion that a console Pokemon RPG is a license to print money tends to baffle me. Not because I don't think a console Pokemon could be successful, but more to the fact Nintendo made 2 console Pokemon RPGs for the Gamecube and did just about jack-**** turn to the GCN's fortunes around.

Granted, Pokemon Colosseum might've been a bit too far removed from the handhelds as to alienate a few, but they drew it back to basic for XD and still did nothing, really. Hell, Nintendo even did a competent job of marketing it too.

The hybrid nature of the Switch might make it an easier sell, though.

They say that every year apart from last year. It's what you'd expect Reggie to say. Still, I can't stand him anymore.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

A Pokemon game, on the scale of Zelda BotW/Xenoblade Chronicles X would be a Pokemon game even I would buy.
    Imagining a world big enough to encompass the entire Pokemon franchise atlas, from Kanto to Aloha, it would be remarkable and not impossible and probably sell an obscene number of systems and games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    A Pokemon game, on the scale of Zelda BotW/Xenoblade Chronicles X would be a Pokemon game even I would buy.
    Imagining a world big enough to encompass the entire Pokemon franchise atlas, from Kanto to Aloha, it would be remarkable and not impossible and probably sell an obscene number of systems and games.

guaranteed system seller

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

sligeach wrote: »
    If you've a set of red Joy-cons and are thinking they'd look nice in a red Joy-con grip and are also considering buying a matching red PowerA Nintendo Switch Joy-Con Controller Comfort Grip you may want to reconsider that decision. Something went horribly wrong at the factory.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/5459838.htm

That's it.
    Nintendo are doomed.
    I'm selling the lot and buying a PSVR headset instead..... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Supposed to be quite a good grip actually, seems to be even more comfortable than the original grip, which I have found very little problem with at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Corholio wrote: »
    Supposed to be quite a good grip actually, seems to be even more comfortable than the original grip, which I have found very little problem with at all.

They did an unboxing of it on Nintendo Voice Chat and said the same. Supposed to be pretty comfortable and looks far better with the grey joy-cons than the red ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    No directing this at you per se, but more this general notion that a console Pokemon RPG is a license to print money tends to baffle me. Not because I don't think a console Pokemon could be successful, but more to the fact Nintendo made 2 console Pokemon RPGs for the Gamecube and did just about jack-**** turn to the GCN's fortunes around.

Granted, Pokemon Colosseum might've been a bit too far removed from the handhelds as to alienate a few, but they drew it back to basic for XD and still did nothing, really. Hell, Nintendo even did a competent job of marketing it too.

The hybrid nature of the Switch might make it an easier sell, though.

Based on the past, I'd say a mainstream Pokemon game on Switch is a system seller. A pokemon spin off isn't.

I think a full on game is unlikely given how slow they were to move the franchise from DS to 3DS - B/W appearing on DS immediately before the release of the 3DS, and BW2 following a year and a half later - it wasn't till late 2013 that Pokemon moved to it's new home. The Switch is not officially replacing the 3DS, so unless they're going to challenge that company line I reckon it'll be another Battling game with RPG elements and possibly Bank access but not a full main-line release. Which will suck.

Personally I'd love to see them go all-in like Cidey says - the full Pokemon planet so far, all lands playable and interconnected. A greatest-hits style plot to tie it all together. And just for good measure link it up to the online Pokemon Card Game for online vs, bot and couch pass-the-switch play because, you know, why not?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Banjo wrote: »
    Based on the past, I'd say a mainstream Pokemon game on Switch is a system seller. A pokemon spin off isn't.

I think a full on game is unlikely given how slow they were to move the franchise from DS to 3DS - B/W appearing on DS immediately before the release of the 3DS, and BW2 following a year and a half later - it wasn't till late 2013 that Pokemon moved to it's new home. The Switch is not officially replacing the 3DS, so unless they're going to challenge that company line I reckon it'll be another Battling game with RPG elements and possibly Bank access but not a full main-line release. Which will suck.

Personally I'd love to see them go all-in like Cidey says - the full Pokemon planet so far, all lands playable and interconnected. A greatest-hits style plot to tie it all together. And just for good measure link it up to the online Pokemon Card Game for online vs, bot and couch pass-the-switch play because, you know, why not?

If they pile on the mini game like Stadium though...

Love me some Snore Wars and Sushi-Go-Round :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Had a weird problem yesterday after I undocked my switch.
    It recognised that the right joycon was connected to the switch, but not the left.
    Every time I pressed a button on the left joycon the little graphic on the bottom left of the home screen changed to show I was playing with the joycon disconnected, if I pressed a button on the right joycon it showed the graphic with the right joycon connected but the left greyed out..
    I disconnected it and reconnected it a few time and it didn't help.
    I restarted the switch and it didn't help.
    The I disconnected the left joycon and pressed the little round button on on it (between the shoulder buttons : Pic. Just looked it up - apparently it's the sync button) and that fixed it.

Just in case anybody else has this happen....

(I was getting worried for a while that my switch was screwed !!)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

deadl0ck wrote: »
    Had a weird problem yesterday after I undocked my switch.
    It recognised that the right joycon was connected to the switch, but not the left.
    Every time I pressed a button on the left joycon the little graphic on the bottom left of the home screen changed to show I was playing with the joycon disconnected, if I pressed a button on the right joycon it showed the graphic with the right joycon connected but the left greyed out..
    I disconnected it and reconnected it a few time and it didn't help.
    I restarted the switch and it didn't help.
    The I disconnected the left joycon and pressed the little round button on on it (between the shoulder buttons : Pic. Just looked it up - apparently it's the sync button) and that fixed it.

Just in case anybody else has this happen....

(I was getting worried for a while that my switch was screwed !!)

Happened me several times at this stage, it's infuriating, I sent a mail to Nintendo on Friday and still awaiting word back

Fieldog wrote: »
    Happened me several times at this stage, it's infuriating, I sent a mail to Nintendo on Friday and still awaiting word back

Did the sync button fix it for you also ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

I had something similar happen on Day 1 which scared the shit out of me. Turns out I had attached the left JoyCon but hadn't pushed it all the way down into the catch. This has happened since as well so I think either my hands are bockety (somewhat likely) or the left JoyCon has physical connectivity issues that require a little bit more downward force to attach fully.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Did the sync button fix it for you also ?

Yes, after pressing every other button other than the sync button... ;)

Fieldog wrote: »
    Yes, after pressing every other button other than the sync button... ;)

Let us know if you get a reply from Nintendo

• Registered Users Posts: 29,135 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I mailed them about my left joy con last Wednesday or Thursday. No reply yet

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I mailed them about my left joy con last Wednesday or Thursday. No reply yet
    Same issue ?

Playing a bit of the single player campaign in Bomberman, feels pretty tight with the recent update, pity there's no way to select a Snes graphics mode though, that would have been amazing.
    As it is, visuals aside, feels quite like Super Bomberman 2 and 3, which is no bad thing.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Playing a bit of the single player campaign in Bomberman, feels pretty tight with the recent update, pity there's no way to select a Snes graphics mode though, that would have been amazing.
    As it is, visuals aside, feels quite like Super Bomberman 2 and 3, which is no bad thing.
    Haven't really gone back to it myself - I must do so - I used to love Bomberman back in the day (Arcade, megadrive etc.)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

CiDeRmAn wrote:
    Playing a bit of the single player campaign in Bomberman

I'm confused, which shrine is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,135 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Same issue ?

Playing Docked mode using the grip. Couple problems with controller. Link would continue moving after I stopped pushing the stick. Not good at a cliff or at all. Or else he wouldn't move when I pushed. Then it would pretty frequently desync. And since it tries to reconnect before reporting it, that means Link could just stop in the middle of a fight and be a few secs before it's reported the Left Joy Con isn't connected.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

Got the pro controller and after using it for a long Zelda session on the TV it's a must buy in my opinion, make a huge difference to comfort.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

lafors wrote: »
    Got the pro controller and after using it for a long Zelda session on the TV it's a must buy in my opinion, make a huge difference to comfort.

was using it for the splatoon testfire at the weekend, tried both the joycons, the grip and the pro, the pro felt really good compared to the rest.

Advertisement