Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I've SWITCHed! - General discussion - WARNING IN POST 1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

my girlfriend is always playing mario on a nes in her house so i bought her a switch for a bday got mario cart with it, any thing else i should keep an eye out for thats fun for co op play ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Lone Stone wrote: »
    my girlfriend is always playing mario on a nes in her house so i bought her a switch for a bday got mario cart with it, any thing else i should keep an eye out for thats fun for co op play ?

Snipperclips. Death Squared. Overcooked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe is a safe bet (especially if she is Mario addict!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Give another vote for overcooked myself and girlfriend have played it good few times together can get really challenging and lot of fun.

Can't beat a bit of multiplayer Smash Bros either very rewarding game in general.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I guess Mario Maker to torture each other with levels

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,332 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Probably about €50 too expensive for me if $ to € is translated literally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

fixxxer wrote: »

Don't forget those $ prices don't have state taxes applied.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

You think it should be €150??? Really? Can't see that happening any time soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭skerry

Considering CeX charge 150 for a second hand Vita I don't think 199 is unreasonable. Still think its odd they have no option whatsoever to get a dock add on at a later date but I imagine they don't want to impact sales of the main console.

• Advertisement

I can't remember any time that has happened, ever. :o

Star Lord wrote: »
    You think it should be €150??? Really? Can't see that happening any time soon.

That's the price of a 2DS on Amazon.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    That's the price of a 2DS on Amazon.

If we don't have to compare like with like, then why doesn't a Ferrari cost the same as my Mazda?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Hate the way the Switch ads always focus on the multiplayer aspect..... reminds me I have no friends!

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Hate the way the Switch ads always focus on the multiplayer aspect..... reminds me I have no friends!

Means more time for Switch. No need to waste time cycling to the skate park when you can play at home on the sofa!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

If we don't have to compare like with like, then why doesn't a Ferrari cost the same as my Mazda?

If it did it would either be a really premium Mazda or a really sh1te Ferrari!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,007 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

So finally pulled the trigger and ordered a Switch this morning on Amazon.

While I wait for it to be delivered, can I create a Nintendo account online on any old device/browser, or do I have to do it via the console itself?

While I wait for it to be delivered, can I create a Nintendo account online on any old device/browser, or do I have to do it via the console itself?

You can create it here:
    https://accounts.nintendo.com/

You can create it here:
    https://accounts.nintendo.com/

Much obliged.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭skerry

Welcome to the club. I think I bought my PS4 Pro same time as yourself last September from that Ebay deal. Got my Switch in December and while the PS4 gets used, I get far more use out of the Switch, its a super little console.

I'm relation to above, you can set up an account but I don't think you can buy games until you link it to a Switch.

• Advertisement

skerry wrote: »
    Welcome to the club. I think I bought my PS4 Pro same time as yourself last September from that Ebay deal. Got my Switch in December and while the PS4 gets used, I get far more use out of the Switch, its a super little console.

I'm relation to above, you can set up an account but I don't think you can buy games until you link it to a Switch.

Ha, yeah, I remember. Same here with the PS4 Pro - I have enjoyed some of the exclusives, but don't play it nearly as much as I thought I would. However, I think the portability and versatility of the Switch will mean I use it more. Plus, more of my friends and family own a Switch than own a PS4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,918 ✭✭✭nix

Theres actually some decent deals on Amazon for console purchases, best ive seen anywhere since i bought my switch last Oct/Nov.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,406 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

nix wrote: »
    Theres actually some decent deals on Amazon for console purchases, best ive seen anywhere since i bought my switch last Oct/Nov.

Are those prices not the same/simliar as they have been for the last 2 years? Cheapest deal is still over 300 euro?

I might just wait and get a switch lite instead.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Are those prices not the same/simliar as they have been for the last 2 years? Cheapest deal is still over 300 euro?

I might just wait and get a switch lite instead.

From what i recall, console on its own on amazon was around £280-£290, and with a game it was usually atleast around £329.99. I think console and zelda was usually around £350..

So getting the switch with the likes of BOTW or Smash bros and £30 eshop credit is pretty darn good.

I could be wrong on the prices though, ive been keeping track on deals but not like a hawk..

When you look at the price of BOTW on its own and minus it from the console price, yer getting the switch for like £245.

And by the looks of it, the switch lite is gonna be €250, i think you're out ya damn mind if you go with a Lite over an actual switch at those prices...

From what i recall, console on its own on amazon was around £280-£290, and with a game it was usually atleast around £329.99. I think console and zelda was usually around £350..

So getting the switch with the likes of BOTW or Smash bros and £30 eshop credit is pretty darn good.

I could be wrong on the prices though, ive been keeping track on deals but not like a hawk..

When you look at the price of BOTW on its own and minus it from the console price, yer getting the switch for like £245.

Was £279 for the console. £329 with a game (Odyssey/MK8 etc) or £299 with the likes of Just Dance.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Was £279 for the console. £329 with a game (Odyssey/MK8 etc) or £299 with the likes of Just Dance.

Yeah i knew it was either £279 or £289 and with most games £329... Pretty sure BOTW and Smash bros were £350-£360

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,406 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

And by the looks of it, the switch lite is gonna be €250, i think you're out ya damn mind if you go with a Lite over an actual switch at those prices...

Ah fair enough I was expecting the lite to be only around 200, maybe I'll talk myself into getting one yet not that my backlog would be thanking me :D

Ah fair enough I was expecting the lite to be only around 200, maybe I'll talk myself into getting one yet not that my backlog would be thanking me :D

Heh i hear ya, the prices for the lite might end up lower, could just be guesstimations on the sites. But unless you just wanna play handheld with everything, the lite is a bad idea..

I was thinking the lite might be a better deal on that front with increased battery life, but its pretty much the same..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭LeBash

Got one myself about 2 months ago. Haven't bought a console other than the minis since the PS1. The super Nintendo mini just brought back all those waster hours as a kid, so I went and bought a switch with 5 games. Smash Bros is great but I'm a huge fan of Splatoon 2. I've wasted full weekend on it.

Heh i hear ya, the prices for the lite might end up lower, could just be guesstimations on the sites. But unless you just wanna play handheld with everything, the lite is a bad idea..

I was thinking the lite might be a better deal on that front with increased battery life, but its pretty much the same..

I can't see myself using a switch for anything but handheld so that's the main reason the lite appeals to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Any suggestions for a long cable for the pro controller? So I can still play from my sofa while it's charging? I could plug it into a wall beside me through usb adaptor but dunno what damage that would do to the battery

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 345 ✭✭panevthe3rd

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Any suggestions for a long cable for the pro controller? So I can still play from my sofa while it's charging? I could plug it into a wall beside me through usb adaptor but dunno what damage that would do to the battery

The battery usually lasts well over 30 hours so you should be grand charging between sessions really.

New joycon colours coming out in October. They look good!

There is also a new Switch revision coming (maybe August?) with 4.5 to 9 hours battery (instead of 2.5 to 6.5 hours).
    https://www.engadget.com/2019/07/17/nintendo-switch-upgraded-battery-life/

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1151461807132938240

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Blue and red, purple and orange. A rose by any other name still drifts like a bastard.
    I mean I like the new looks, but if you Google #1 Joy Con Issue the first result isn't "colour scheme" so I hope this is more than just a lick of paint.

• Advertisement

Yeah, just so happened to see an article on Kotaku earlier, talking about it (Joy Con drift).

In other news, there's a new Switch with improved battery life on the way also (AnandTech).

So I collected my Switch this morning from PM. Everything is grand except for the £30 voucher - I'm being told I can't redeem it in my country. Is there any way to bypass this, like creating a second account (UK one) on the console or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

like creating a second account (UK one) on the console or something?

This exactly

Make a new account on nintendo.com with UK as the region and you can redeem and spend the £ voucher, sign the new account in on your switch

maximoose wrote: »
    This exactly

Make a new account on nintendo.com with UK as the region and you can redeem and spend the £ voucher, sign the new account in on your switch

Brilliant, thanks!

maximoose wrote: »
    This exactly

Worked a treat, thanks again. Now just to decide what to buy... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,195 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Makes me wonder for Pokemon Sword and Shield if they're being marketed for the Switch lite will the open world gameplay graphics etc be as impressive as BOTW Xenoblade or Skyrim or will it just be a suped up ultra sun/moon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Ultra SuMo ran terribly on a regular 3ds so there's hope they won't compromise SwoSh for the Lite

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Banjo wrote: »
    Ultra SuMo ran terribly on a regular 3ds so there's hope they won't compromise SwoSh for the Lite

Can confirm. Have 100+ hours of Ultra Sun on regular 3ds. Every time I think it's gonna be the time that the game explodes the system.

Switch with 35 e-shop credit and Octopath Traveller for 329.99 sound like a good deal from Gamestop?

(Missed out on the prime day deals)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

Switch with 35 e-shop credit and Octopath Traveller for 329.99 sound like a good deal from Gamestop?

(Missed out on the prime day deals)

A new switch is coming out in September. Better battery life...

https://kotaku.com/nintendo-releasing-new-switch-model-with-a-better-batte-1836444569

brevity wrote: »
    A new switch is coming out in September. Better battery life...

https://kotaku.com/nintendo-releasing-new-switch-model-with-a-better-batte-1836444569

Yeah read a bout that last week alright, not too pushed about the extra battery life tbh. I ordered the one from Gamestop anyway :o

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭fcon

Mickeroo wrote:
    Yeah read a bout that last week alright, not too pushed about the extra battery life tbh. I ordered the one from Gamestop anyway

Did you get any in-store credit as part of the deal or anything? Just wondering what bricks and mortar has the best deal at the moment

fcon wrote: »
    Did you get any in-store credit as part of the deal or anything? Just wondering what bricks and mortar has the best deal at the moment

The console includes 35 euro nintendo store credit same as the ones that were on amazon for prime day. I ordered it online rather than in the shop, it wouldn't let me click and collect even thoguh both console and game were in stock so I thought maybe the free game is an online only offer. Might be worth ringing your local to see.

There's a good few games eligible for the offer but octopath traveller looked like the best of the bunch. Seems to be the best deal around at the moment when you factor in the 35 euro credit too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

Yeah read a bout that last week alright, not too pushed about the extra battery life tbh. I ordered the one from Gamestop anyway :o

Good for you. Enjoy! I hope to be picking one up soon

I ordered the one from Gamestop anyway :o

Wooo congrats! :D

One of us! One of us! :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement